Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 29, 2009

Guitar Hero: Metallica is the second band-specific game in the Guitar Hero franchise. It features 28 songs from the world famous heavy-metal band Metallica, as well as 21 guest acts - picked by Metallica themselves.

Jason Newsted to play with Metallica at HoF inductions

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By METALM1LITIA91

I stumbled across the story here.  Apparently Jason Newsted will play with Metallica again during their Hall of Fame Inductions. I'm very excited about seeing Jason play with Metallica again but I do have some fears.

First off before the article was updated, Rob was not going to play with the band at the inductions. I read that and thought, uh oh Rob might be in trouble. If the Jason thing works out maybe he will rejoin the band. I like Rob quite a bit but I don't if I like him more than Jason. Jason is a pure live performer. There was and is nothing quite like him. In my opinion Rob is slightly more talented though. Also Metallica has been going strong for several years with Rob. If I had my choice though in the end I would go with Jason.

This news probably means nothing and is just a way of celebrating Metallica's career and the two living bassists that are helping build the legend. I'm going to say about 85% chance this performance will mean nothing and Rob will stay on but you never know. The old creative sparks might fly and Jason might want back in and the boys might welcome him back. If this does happen though I'm afraid it may throw a wrench in the steady momentum metallica has been gaining. However if jason joins back up it could see metallica reach a whole new plateau of awesomeness.

No matter how this turns out I applaud metallica for allowing Jason to celebrate the accomplishment with the band in the best way possible and not shunning him.

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

I stumbled across the story here.  Apparently Jason Newsted will play with Metallica again during their Hall of Fame Inductions. I'm very excited about seeing Jason play with Metallica again but I do have some fears.

First off before the article was updated, Rob was not going to play with the band at the inductions. I read that and thought, uh oh Rob might be in trouble. If the Jason thing works out maybe he will rejoin the band. I like Rob quite a bit but I don't if I like him more than Jason. Jason is a pure live performer. There was and is nothing quite like him. In my opinion Rob is slightly more talented though. Also Metallica has been going strong for several years with Rob. If I had my choice though in the end I would go with Jason.

This news probably means nothing and is just a way of celebrating Metallica's career and the two living bassists that are helping build the legend. I'm going to say about 85% chance this performance will mean nothing and Rob will stay on but you never know. The old creative sparks might fly and Jason might want back in and the boys might welcome him back. If this does happen though I'm afraid it may throw a wrench in the steady momentum metallica has been gaining. However if jason joins back up it could see metallica reach a whole new plateau of awesomeness.

No matter how this turns out I applaud metallica for allowing Jason to celebrate the accomplishment with the band in the best way possible and not shunning him.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have not payed almost any attention to Metallica since the Black Album, so yeah I would love  for Jason Newsted to come back, He is a great bassist but they made him follow the guitar parts almost all the time, so I hope they don't welcome him back in the band and make him do that again.

Anyway, sounds like a cool show anyway, 
    METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

although it wasn't my favorite overall album Jason did some great bass work on Load

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It's going to be sweet.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Because the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame MEANS something, right?

Seriously, they picked Run DMC over Alice Cooper for the HoF.  Sorry, it's all politics and little else.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Metallica is garbage now, and Jason Newsted was always terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.