Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

The sixth core entry in Activision's Guitar Hero series represents the last entry developed by Neversoft.

Finally someone else gets it.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

And it comes from kotaku of all places.
     http://kotaku.com/5599885/all-you-need-to-know-about-warriors-of-rocks-quest-mode

"I'm getting a little tired of music games at this point, but if I had to choose between Rock Band 3's more realistic approach to playing and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock's Quest Mode, I'd probably go with the latter. The past couple of generations have produced games with no real goals other than to play through all the songs and get high scores. I wouldn't mind having an actual game to play."

Thank you Mike Fahey, finally I'm not the only one gets the point of quest mode.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AlmostSwedish

That's great. Now you're not alone anymore = )

Seriously though, I'm kind of tired of pressing colored buttons and both series have lost their charm to me. The last music game I bought was the first Rock Band. I will pick up RB3, if only because I'm interested in the guitar part

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trophyhunter
    @AlmostSwedish said:
    " That's great. Now you're not alone anymore = )  Seriously though, I'm kind of tired of pressing colored buttons and both series have lost their charm to me. The last music game I bought was the first Rock Band. I will pick up RB3, if only because I'm interested in the guitar part "
    Sorry, you can't have fun anymore .
    I don't know what to tell you, I still think music games are fun as hell and I'm buy both this one and RB3.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

"The beast is a lumbering , mechanical souless creature, essentially hes the enemy of Rock n Roll" It's funny how the director of the game gets it spot on. 

Ughh if the structure is anything like the last two it'll be 7 song sets with 5 of them you dont give a shit about one thats ok and one you "kinda like"

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trophyhunter
    @marioncobretti said:
    " "The beast is a lumbering , mechanical souless creature, essentially hes the enemy of Rock n Roll" It's funny how the director of the game gets it spot on.  Ughh if the structure is anything like the last two it'll be 7 song sets with 5 of them you dont give a shit about one thats ok and one you "kinda like" "
    well most of the setlist is already out and it's pretty good.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I feel bad for the teams that are forced to work on Guitar Hero. Activision's a monster. 

Let it die Activision, let it die.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Cincaid
    @trophyhunter:
    Glad you can still enjoy the newer games. For me it ended with RB2, I honestly doubt they can find enough good music for either franchise to keep me interested at least. Still fun to play the old ones with some friends and beer though!
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trophyhunter
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " I feel bad for the teams that are forced to work on Guitar Hero. Activision's a monster.  Let it die Activision, let it die. "
    ooooh you don't like Activision? What a strange and new idea, tell me did you come up with it on your own?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " I feel bad for the teams that are forced to work on Guitar Hero. Activision's a monster.  Let it die Activision, let it die. "
    ooooh you don't like Activision? What a strange and new idea, tell me did you come up with it on your own? "
    I'm sure I wasn't the first person to hate Activision, so... no? 

Are you defending them?
    AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlmostSwedish
    @trophyhunter said:

" @AlmostSwedish said:

" That's great. Now you're not alone anymore = )  Seriously though, I'm kind of tired of pressing colored buttons and both series have lost their charm to me. The last music game I bought was the first Rock Band. I will pick up RB3, if only because I'm interested in the guitar part "
    Sorry, you can't have fun anymore . I don't know what to tell you, I still think music games are fun as hell and I'm buy both this one and RB3. "
    I dunno, I guess I enjoyed the high score aspect of the two first Guitar Heroes, but then there were so many new games with so many songs. I still have fun when I play the games, I just feel that it's an experience I've had already, and I want to spend my time discovering new things instead of the familiar.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CrazyChris said:

" @trophyhunter: Glad you can still enjoy the newer games. For me it ended with RB2, I honestly doubt they can find enough good music for either franchise to keep me interested at least. Still fun to play the old ones with some friends and beer though! "

Well music is a moot point at this point, that's what I'm saying.
    with the quest mode there's story, cut-scenes, crazy venues, awesome looking performances. 
    Its a lot more than "hey play these few dozen songs, and that's it"
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trophyhunter
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
    ooooh you don't like Activision? What a strange and new idea, tell me did you come up with it on your own? "
    I'm sure I wasn't the first person to hate Activision, so... no?  Are you defending them? "
    Yeah, I don't hate thing just because the are popular to hate.
    This game and call of duty: black ops both look awesome.
    You can go be "cool" I'll be over here actually having fun. 

Also  I'm buying rockband 3 also, so I actually have the ability to like two things at once. Is that not amazing?
    jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By jelekeloy
    @trophyhunter: 
    I don't think that he hates Activision's games so much as he hates their business model.  They seek out games that they can make very often (why they dumped Brutal Legend), and pump out products that are very similar to the previous year's version.  Look at how many "Hero" games were out last year.  Sure it's capitalism, but it's very frustrating to consumers like me that they aren't focusing on making great games, but great profits.  Then again, this new guitar hero seems to be making an attempt to break from tradition.  We'll see when it ships.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman

I and every other person that shares distaste for Activision have very good reasons for it. The main one being their business model. It's absolute shit the way are choosing to run their company. Discouraging new IPs and innovation within current IPs is garbage. Sure, some of their games can be good (not GH though), but why would you want to support a company like that? It probably helps that I'm sick of playing shooters and didn't even buy MW2. If you want to believe I find Activision off-putting because I want to be cool though, then whatever, more power to ya.

You can cut out the sarcasm by the way.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

So.... that makes it million bucks, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Activision has hammered game franchises into the ground, no doubt about it. But on topic, the track listings are what do it for me, and i prefer the Rockband track listings a lot more. It's not just crazy riffs and insane solos, it gives a good variety and can get you into other genres of music. Tears for Fears is one of my all time favourite bands and finally they will be represented in RB3, hopefully the song is head over heels, anything but shout please! Plus not to mention i wanna try the keytar so bad!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Axxol said:
    " So.... that makes it million bucks, right? "
    Well my meme does not make much sense in this situation, but sure?
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Linkin10362

Eh, I like both Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but setlists are what sell me on the games. I really don't care for a story and so far, RB3 has a better setlist.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I don't play music games for a story.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Atomasist said:
    " I don't play music games for a story. "
    well I'm saying that's whats wrong with everyone.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Linkin10362 said:
    " Eh, I like both Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but setlists are what sell me on the games. I really don't care for a story and so far, RB3 has a better setlist. "
    I am super excited for rockband 3 but I don't care what the setlist is, because I already have 200 DLC songs I like.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ch13696

Why don't they take the guitars add a gyroscope in it and do a game like Gitaroo Man. I wouldn't know how to go about it, but I know that would be a damn good idea. Also, take the drums and do something like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I'm talking about the first one. Not the second one with all those crap ass cover songs.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkin10362
    @trophyhunter: 
    Yeah, I guess DLC songs would be a good thing to carry over to all the games, but I honestly don't care for most of the songs that they release on the marketplace.
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By peepeepoopoo696
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Atomasist said:
    well I'm saying that's whats wrong with everyone. "
    People play music games because they like to play music. If people are going to a music games for a deep and complex story, than there going to the wrong place.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Red

I haven't been able to enjoy a Guitar Hero game since Rock Band came out. I just vastly prefer the HUD and style. 
    Quest mode does absolutely nothing for me. The point of Rock Band and Guitar Hero is to simulate being a rock star. Some of the best times I had playing Rock Band were making ridiculous bands and dressing up characters in hideous outfits. Also, as someone who is kinda-interested in learning how to play music, Pro Mode in RB3 seems really interesting, as well as the further emphasis on a band. In that video, they talked about having songs more fit for guitar, which--as someone who is primarily shafted to drumming--disinterests me even further. 

I will say, however, that the idea of abilities is kind of interesting, although I'd prefer that in a perk format, and not in a character one.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Atomasist said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Atomasist said:
    People play music games because they like to play music. If people are going to a music games for a deep and complex story, than there going to the wrong place. "
    Yeah but this is both, maybe not a deep story but it's something more than just playing music.
    That's like saying "I play shooting games for the shooting, get this story out of here." 
    Do you see how crazy that sounds?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Linkin10362 said:
    " @trophyhunter:  Yeah, I guess DLC songs would be a good thing to carry over to all the games, but I honestly don't care for most of the songs that they release on the marketplace. "
    Really? you don't care for most of the 2000 songs they put out for rockband?
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkin10362
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Linkin10362 said:
    " @trophyhunter:  Yeah, I guess DLC songs would be a good thing to carry over to all the games, but I honestly don't care for most of the songs that they release on the marketplace. "
    Really? you don't care for most of the 2000 songs they put out for rockband? "
    Yes, I'm not that type of person that likes many, many genres of music. I have maybe 4-5 favs and stick with them. I have found a small amount of songs on the marketplace that are in my style. That's all.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By JonathanMoore

... I enjoyed DJ Hero if that counts...

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By aurahack
    @JonathanMoore said:
    " ... I enjoyed DJ Hero if that counts... "
    Somehow, I feel like Jeff, you and me would be the only ones that did. No matter how hard I try to explain to folks why I love DJ Hero 2, I'm met with laughter. :(
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By peepeepoopoo696
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Atomasist said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Atomasist said:
    People play music games because they like to play music. If people are going to a music games for a deep and complex story, than there going to the wrong place. "
    Yeah but this is both, maybe not a deep story but it's something more than just playing music. That's like saying "I play shooting games for the shooting, get this story out of here."  Do you see how crazy that sounds? "
    I completely see where your coming from, but the majority of the population don't care about story in music games. Think about DDR, while it may of had a story mode in some home versions, you play it for the songs. Also for the shooting games it doesn't sound so crazy when you think about multiplayer.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Red said:
    " I haven't been able to enjoy a Guitar Hero game since Rock Band came out. I just vastly prefer the HUD and style. Quest mode does absolutely nothing for me. The point of Rock Band and Guitar Hero is to simulate being a rock star. Some of the best times I had playing Rock Band were making ridiculous bands and dressing up characters in hideous outfits. Also, as someone who is kinda-interested in learning how to play music, Pro Mode in RB3 seems really interesting, as well as the further emphasis on a band. In that video, they talked about having songs more fit for guitar, which--as someone who is primarily shafted to drumming--disinterests me even further.  I will say, however, that the idea of abilities is kind of interesting, although I'd prefer that in a perk format, and not in a character one. "
    Since RB1 I have stopped playing music games to simulate being a rock star or to just play the music. 
    I now play for the presentation and to listen to music.  I get endless enjoyment out of handcrafting an entire band and seeing them preform my favorite songs. I've gotten so good at playing music games over the past 6 years, that actually playing the actual game is not the point of it anyone. Like I really love wrestling games, but I spend far more time in the create modes then I ever do actually playing the actual game part. I guess I'm just crazy that way.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Linkin10362 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Linkin10362 said:
    Yes, I'm not that type of person that likes many, many genres of music. I have maybe 4-5 favs and stick with them. I have found a small amount of songs on the marketplace that are in my style. That's all. "
    What is your style, by the way?
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Emilio

I have yet to buy a single RockBand/GuitarHero game. 

The closest I ever came to it was with Beatles Rock Band for the Wii... But then I kinda saw past it as being what it is. 

Which is just another rhythm game with a Beatles License to make some extra money off fans of their music.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Its a lot more than "hey play these few dozen songs, and that's it" "
    Have you not seen all of the billions of Guitar Hero games that have been released over the years? Those were exactly that. Rock Band made it fun by adding modes you'd actually want in a music game.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Atomasist said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Atomasist said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Atomasist said:
    Yeah but this is both, maybe not a deep story but it's something more than just playing music. That's like saying "I play shooting games for the shooting, get this story out of here."  Do you see how crazy that sounds? "
    I completely see where your coming from, but the majority of the population don't care about story in music games. Think about DDR, while it may of had a story mode in some home versions, you play it for the songs. Also for the shooting games it doesn't sound so crazy when you think about multiplayer. "
    Yes, I suppose but I would like people to care that's all really . 
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Linkin10362
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Linkin10362 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Linkin10362 said:
    Yes, I'm not that type of person that likes many, many genres of music. I have maybe 4-5 favs and stick with them. I have found a small amount of songs on the marketplace that are in my style. That's all. "
    What is your style, by the way? "
    Most of the styles I listen to fall under Alternative or Rock (Don't feel like listing all the genres like Emo, Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Metal, Punk Rock, or anything like that), but I also listen to some 80s music and Rap.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " Its a lot more than "hey play these few dozen songs, and that's it" "
    Have you not seen all of the billions of Guitar Hero games that have been released over the years? Those were exactly that. Rock Band made it fun by adding modes you'd actually want in a music game. "
    Well I'm not talking about other guitarhero games. I'm talking about this one with the quest mode.
    I'm also not saying anything bad about rockband, I really want RB3. I have actually wanted something like quest mode since GH3.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By Bennyishere

I will get the game when it becomes cheap. The setlist isn't that appealing to me, but with 160 songs in GH5 I really want to merge them with Warriors of Rock for a bigger list. Buying a bunch of instruments for RB3 is intimidating, but I really want to try out the piano.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @trophyhunter: Fair enough, bro.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Bennyishere said:
    " I will get the game when it becomes cheap. The setlist isn't that appealing to me, but with 160 songs in GH5 I really want to merge them with Warriors of Rock for a bigger list. Buying a bunch of instruments for RB3 is intimidating, but I really want to try out the piano. "
    well you can just get the piano bundle and use your GH gutar with rockband 3
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Whisperkill
    @trophyhunter said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

I'm sure I wasn't the first person to hate Activision, so... no?  Are you defending them? "
    Yeah, I don't hate thing just because the are popular to hate. This game and call of duty: black ops both look awesome. You can go be "cool" I'll be over here actually having fun.   Also  I'm buying rockband 3 also, so I actually have the ability to like two things at once. Is that not amazing? "
    Shut the fuck up... 

Honestly how old are you? Yeah it's totally a fad to hate on Activision. There is NO rational reason to hate that bastard of a company...
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Linkin10362

Oh god, not THIS again....

Just shut up about Activision and get back on whatever the actual topic was about.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@Whisperkill said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

Yeah, I don't hate thing just because the are popular to hate. This game and call of duty: black ops both look awesome. You can go be "cool" I'll be over here actually having fun.   Also  I'm buying rockband 3 also, so I actually have the ability to like two things at once. Is that not amazing? "
    Shut the fuck up... 

Honestly how old are you? Yeah it's totally a fad to hate on Activision. There is NO rational reason to hate that bastard of a company... "
    I find it hilariously pathetic that some people devote so much energy to hating on Activision while other non-video game related companies are manipulating a majority of the American media and raping third world countries. 

On the topic of GH, no it is going to suck. 

They always suck. 

The cutscenes always suck. 

The stories always suck. 

it is going to suck.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HandsomeDead

If they can make a story that's good, then great, but considering what the game is, I can't ever see it working. Anything else Guitar Hero has done in way of story has been terrible.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By tebbit

I think that if Guitar Hero was ever going to differentiate itself from Rock Band, this was the only way to do it well. Just take the over-the-top-ness that the series has always had, and crank it up to 11. It's smart for the franchise.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Tebbit said:

" I think that if Guitar Hero was ever going to differentiate itself from Rock Band, this was the only way to do it well. Just take the over-the-top-ness that the series has always had, and crank it up to 11. It's smart for the franchise. "

Yes, thank you. That's what I am saying. 
    It's like the difference between GTA and saint's row.   
    SR is super over the top ridiculous game and GTA is the realistic serious game.
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vonocourt

I never much cared for the metal aesthetic that Guitar Hero started to get after the second game, and this game seems to be furthuring it to an extreme. The quest mode looks like a poor man's Brütal Legend.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Vonocourt said:
    " I never much cared for the metal aesthetic that Guitar Hero started to get after the second game, and this game seems to be furthuring it to an extreme. The quest mode looks like a poor man's Brütal Legend. "
    I think it looks better than brutal legend. 
    BL was the most disappointing bad game I've ever played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.