Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Activision Re-selling GH Songs?...Of Course They Are

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

Edited By skrutop

Activision announced that they're going to release a Guitar Hero Greatest Hits compilation for GH: World Tour.  They haven't said which songs they're going to take, but they're going to grab tracks from GH, GH2, GH3, GH: Aerosmith, and even GH Encore: Rocks The 80s.  While I am very tempted to mock Activision for their very obvious attempt at sucking even more money out of their premiere franchise, this move makes a lot of sense.  And it sure as hell is going to make a lot of money.  However, the guys at Rock Band have shown us that there's a lot of interest in taking GH tracks and turning them into full band songs.  They sold us Message In A Bottle, Monkey Wrench, More Than A Feeling, Police Truck, Synchonicity II, and Electric Eye, You Got Another Thing Comin' and YYZ, and felt confident enough to put Ace of Spades, Carry On Wayward Son, Round and Round, and We Got The Beat on the Rock Band 2 disc.  I'm not going to get GH:WT any time soon, but if I did I'd be happy to get the full band versions of some songs that Rock Band hasn't gotten around to.

My Top 5 songs from each game:

• GH1: Cochise, Crossroads, Higher Ground, Sharp Dressed Man, and Take It Off
    • GH2: Carry Me Home, Cherry Pie, Girlfriend, Institutionalized, and Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo
    • GH3: Cult of Personality, Knights of Cydonia, La Grange, Lay Down, and One
    • GH80s: Heat of the Moment, Hold On Loosely, Holy Diver, Play With Me, and Seventeen
    • GHA: Walk This Way and...um...that's it.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

Activision announced that they're going to release a Guitar Hero Greatest Hits compilation for GH: World Tour.  They haven't said which songs they're going to take, but they're going to grab tracks from GH, GH2, GH3, GH: Aerosmith, and even GH Encore: Rocks The 80s.  While I am very tempted to mock Activision for their very obvious attempt at sucking even more money out of their premiere franchise, this move makes a lot of sense.  And it sure as hell is going to make a lot of money.  However, the guys at Rock Band have shown us that there's a lot of interest in taking GH tracks and turning them into full band songs.  They sold us Message In A Bottle, Monkey Wrench, More Than A Feeling, Police Truck, Synchonicity II, and Electric Eye, You Got Another Thing Comin' and YYZ, and felt confident enough to put Ace of Spades, Carry On Wayward Son, Round and Round, and We Got The Beat on the Rock Band 2 disc.  I'm not going to get GH:WT any time soon, but if I did I'd be happy to get the full band versions of some songs that Rock Band hasn't gotten around to.

My Top 5 songs from each game:

• GH1: Cochise, Crossroads, Higher Ground, Sharp Dressed Man, and Take It Off
    • GH2: Carry Me Home, Cherry Pie, Girlfriend, Institutionalized, and Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo
    • GH3: Cult of Personality, Knights of Cydonia, La Grange, Lay Down, and One
    • GH80s: Heat of the Moment, Hold On Loosely, Holy Diver, Play With Me, and Seventeen
    • GHA: Walk This Way and...um...that's it.
    tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tmontana1004

Hey why no love for Aerosmith?

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Eder

GH1: All of them

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hexpane

GH1 and GH2 had good soundtracks, HELMET FTW  but the series is dead to me now.  It's just a brand name, the developers who created it... Harmonix are now at RB.  But the general population really doesn't know this or care.  They just follow trends and buy brand names.

Rock Band forever

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Timma1083

Activision is back and milking the GH series...again. Sadly I'm probably going to get this too...depending on the track list.

My Top 5 from each game:

• GH1: Unsung, Higher Ground, Cowboys from Hell, No One Knows and Godzilla
    • GH2: Hangar 18, Madhouse, Carry Me Home, Trippin' on a Hole.... and Them Bones
    • GH:80's: Play With Me, Seventeen, The Warrior, Radar Love and 18 and Life
    • GH3: Cliffs of Dover, Knights of Cyndonia, La Grange...uhh...that's pretty much it.
    • GH:A: LOL
    • GH:DS Rip-Offs: Youth Gone Wild, Knock Me Down, Free Ride, Jet Airliner and Anna Molly

I hope these come to Rock Band...I really do.
    Gnat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Gnat

i wish rockband had some oingo boingo in it

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By rexualhealing

I don't really care as long as I get "Who Was in My Room Last Night" by The Butthole Surfers from Guitar Hero 2 and "Personality Crisis" by the New York Dolls from Guitar Hero: Aerosmith on there. "Los Angeles" by X from GH80s would be cool too, it was kind of boring on guitar and bass but the drums and vocals would be fun.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By DJ_Lae

All of Guitar Hero 1's soundtrack should be in Rock Band.

I can dream.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm gonna jump in and also list my 5 favorite songs from each game. However, I agree it's kind of lame Activision is doing this. If they keep it cheap, like $20, it might be fairly reasonable for GH vets, and definitely great for the newcomers.

- Guitar Hero: Iron Man by Black Sabbath,  Frankenstein by The Edgar Winter Group, Cowboys from Hell by Pantera, More Than A Feeling by Boston, and You've Got Another Thing Comin' by Judas Priest.
      (Bonus song: Guitar Hero by Monkey Steals the Peach)
    - Guitar Hero II: Can't You Hear Me Knockin' by The Rolling Stones, War Pigs by Black Sabbath, Last Child by Aerosmith, Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight by Spinal Tap, and Bad Reputation by Thin Lizzy.
      (Bonus song: Mr. Fix-It by The Amazing Crowns)
    - Guitar Hero Encore: Rock the 80s: No One Like You by The Scorpions, Los Angeles by X, Police Truck by The Dead Kennedy's, Hold On Loosely by .38 Special, and Turning Japanese by The Vapors.
    - Guitar Hero III: Bulls on Parade by Rage Against The Machine, Sunshine of Your Love by Cream, Paint It Black by the Rolling Stones, Paranoid by Black Sabbath, and Black Magic Woman by Santana.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.