Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Resi 5 and GH:WT

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By ZoomyRamen

So i played the Resi 5 demo, its pretty good. It borrows allot from resi 4..Infact it is resi 4 but in a new setting, plus it looks very good. I played Resi 4 on the wii and loved it so I dont know how im going to enjoy using a standard controller to play it, but I think it will be good for the most part.

My GH3 controller totally died on me a week or so ago, so i decided to pick up the solo Guitar Hero: World Tour pack. And it is good for the most part.  The music creator is useless in terms of useability, it looks incredibly difficult from the offset, I used it for about 3 minutes before just giving up. The character creator feels really goofy and quite cheesy, I also didnt feel that motivated to tally change my characters appearnce that much unlike RB2 which seems more involving. Having started my guitar hero experiance on GH3 which was probably ill advised due to the difficulty, I found GH:WT just a little bit easy in parts with very few songs causing me trouble for more than 3 goes at it. Talking about songs....

The song selection is strong with heavy overlap with RB2 being the order of the day here. What is exclusive to GH:WT is good though. I didnt really enjoy the tool stuff, I thought it was long and quite dull I think a few people who claim "Tool changed there life during puberty" are infact fans who feel threatened by the better game RB2 and clinging to anything that could be better. they should instead focus on Jimi Hendrix, all of his songs are great to play and whilst feeling a little weirded out by playing with a dead guitar hero, i was more weirded out by the icon for the achivement, a human skeleton. DLC is few and far between but there is some good stuff out like the Jimi Hendrix pack and the Sort-of-bad-but-a-tiny-bit-excusable-due-to-age Metallica Album.

The actual Guitar is great, with it feeling sturdy and responsive, the lock and key sort of mechanism for the detachable neck works great so there shouldnt be a repeat of the GH3 controller badness. The touch pad is OK but rarely used its just too fumbly to be practical in the context of a song but still cool if you get the chance to use it.

Overall a good attempt, but goofiness and ease of game make GH:WT a distant second behind RB2

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ZoomyRamen

So i played the Resi 5 demo, its pretty good. It borrows allot from resi 4..Infact it is resi 4 but in a new setting, plus it looks very good. I played Resi 4 on the wii and loved it so I dont know how im going to enjoy using a standard controller to play it, but I think it will be good for the most part.

My GH3 controller totally died on me a week or so ago, so i decided to pick up the solo Guitar Hero: World Tour pack. And it is good for the most part.  The music creator is useless in terms of useability, it looks incredibly difficult from the offset, I used it for about 3 minutes before just giving up. The character creator feels really goofy and quite cheesy, I also didnt feel that motivated to tally change my characters appearnce that much unlike RB2 which seems more involving. Having started my guitar hero experiance on GH3 which was probably ill advised due to the difficulty, I found GH:WT just a little bit easy in parts with very few songs causing me trouble for more than 3 goes at it. Talking about songs....

The song selection is strong with heavy overlap with RB2 being the order of the day here. What is exclusive to GH:WT is good though. I didnt really enjoy the tool stuff, I thought it was long and quite dull I think a few people who claim "Tool changed there life during puberty" are infact fans who feel threatened by the better game RB2 and clinging to anything that could be better. they should instead focus on Jimi Hendrix, all of his songs are great to play and whilst feeling a little weirded out by playing with a dead guitar hero, i was more weirded out by the icon for the achivement, a human skeleton. DLC is few and far between but there is some good stuff out like the Jimi Hendrix pack and the Sort-of-bad-but-a-tiny-bit-excusable-due-to-age Metallica Album.

The actual Guitar is great, with it feeling sturdy and responsive, the lock and key sort of mechanism for the detachable neck works great so there shouldnt be a repeat of the GH3 controller badness. The touch pad is OK but rarely used its just too fumbly to be practical in the context of a song but still cool if you get the chance to use it.

Overall a good attempt, but goofiness and ease of game make GH:WT a distant second behind RB2

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

Heres my experience with GH:WT.

• The guitar is fucked and I can't be bothered to get a new one so i play with my GH3 guitar
    • I got through the Guitar career on Expert without many hitches. I can't even complete GH3 on Hard. So either I suddenly got better or its way easier
    • I can dress my dude up as a ninja, so the character creator is automatically awesome
    • This is the first time I've tried any drumming game. I suck at drumming
    • I got better at drumming and can now play some songs on Hard. Go me.
    • Everyone online either plays Expert really badly, or medium/easy, so I haven't lost an online game yet
    • I like that Paramore song, which is a shame.
    • Trying to get 4 strangers to activate star power at the same time is harder than it sounds
    • I'm not looking forward to having to sing through the career to get those 150 achievement points

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.