Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Safe to buy GH:WT yet?

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By n8

I largely prefer the GH:WT setlist compared to RB2..

But I haven't bought the full band kit yet because of the bad press regarding the hardware issues.  Do you guys think the first wave of bad hardware is gone enough to spend $190 yet?  Can any of you attest to a recent purchase that had no issues?

Also one more question:

I have a Samsung DLP HDTV and Sony surround sound and intend to run HDMI from the 360 to the Sammy and Optical to my receiver to connect audio. 

Am I to expect horrible lag with the microphone in GH:WT when using this setup??  Connecting this way yields pretty nasty mic lag in RB1, and evidently this hasn't been fixed in RB2 (based on a quick forum search).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
    Cheers

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By n8

Bump!

Please anyone?  I guess it's probably a little tired but really is noone playing this crap anymore?

Thanks in advance!

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SgtReznor

By "bad hardware", are you referring to the cymbals thing?

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By n8

No sir,

I had read several forum posts regarding the red drum pad not working and the new guitar making a very annoying squeaking sound.

I had not heard about faulty cymbals as of yet, but would be interested to know if that is an issue as well.

Anyone gotten the full band kit lately?

Also I really am curious about the sound lag if youre running HDMI to your TV then using Optical to a receiver.  That's how I am setup currently and the microphone is damn worthless in RB1 currently.

Cheers,
    n8

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SgtReznor

I've got the full band set and I had some problems with the yellow cymbal, but one little piece of masking tape took care of that. Aside from that , I'm loving it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.