Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Which song do you find the most fun to play?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

We finally got GH:WT and RB2 up at work, and they are both massive amounts of fun for being music/rhythm games.  I know a lot of people are worn out and tired of the genre already, and I am also aware that a lot of people may not like GH.  If you are one of those people, please refrain from dragging this thread down and gtfo now.

The question here is simple:  for those of you who are playing the game, what songs do you ENJOY PLAYING the most?  That doesn't mean "what's the most difficult song that you can play" or "what song are you trying to beat right now".  This is about pure fun.

For me, ever since I figured out how to utilize the slider bar on the neck properly (tap strumming, sliding, finger-tap solos, etc.), the ones that I have the most fun playing are:

• Tool - "Schism":  as a massive fan of the band, I found this one the most fun, because you can really get in the mood with this and make it sound really incredible
    • Paramore - "Misery Business":  it's a super energetic song that I go buck wild to when I play it. I use a mix of regular strumming on the verse and tap strumming on the chorus, then tap strum out the breakdown...and yes, I do body throws when I play.
    • Michael Jackson - "Beat It":  dood, seriously...it's Michael fucking Jackson!!!  It's the Thriller album!!!  IT'S EDDIE VAN FUCKING HALEN!!!  The song is super fun, and all this claim about it being a weak song on the tracklisting is bullshit to the highest degree.
    • Steely Dan - "Do It Again":  the song is already fucking phenomenal, but man...the riffs are never the same, so it keeps you on your toes...and you can REALLY get into it.  Plus, the slider part is fucking EPIC!!!
    • Steve Miller Band - "The Joker":  dood, seriously...it's Steve fucking Miller.  That's all.

So, now it's your turn.  Which songs do you love to play for the fun factor?
    Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Drums:

• "The Joker."
    • "Up Around the Bend."
    • "Shiver."
    • "The Kill."
    • "The Middle."

Guitar:
    • "The Middle."
    • "Hotel California."
    • "Beat It."
    • "Sweet Home Alabama."
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By lethalki11ler

The Killers DLC = Best thing ever

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz

Misery Buisness, Crazy Train, Sweet Home Alabama and Band On The Run all spring to mind

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Megalon

For guitar:

Hotel California
    Beat It
    Crazy Train
    Mr. Crowley

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snail

I am one of those people that dislikes GH but I will not gtfo, I will make a productive post instead.

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi: Vocals and Guitar

Beat it - Michael Jackson  - Drums and Vocals

B.Y.O.B - System of a Down - Vocals and Guitar

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

Misery Business, Beat it and Livin' on a Prayer are pretty much the only songs I particularly enjoyed on that game.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I liked Beat It a lot with my short time with the game.

I didn't really enjoy any of the Tool stuff that I played. I bet I would if I wasn't playing drums. I don't like the drum display in that game.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snail

Everyone seems to love beat it =P

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

In all seriousness... La Bamba.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Snail said:
    "Everyone seems to love beat it =P"
    Like I said, mang...it's Michael fucking Jackson from the Thriller days!!!  There's no way you can hate that song.
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I didn't really enjoy any of the Tool stuff that I played. I bet I would if I wasn't playing drums. I don't like the drum display in that game."
    Well, duh, it's Tool!!!  lol  I don't like the drum display on GH either, which is why I played a total of three songs before switching to drums on Rock Band.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By damswedon

do it again, purple haze and ramblin man everything else is is quite bleh

krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krazychris

Don't have guitar hero though I do love to play Enter Sandman on expert drums Rock Band 1, when you get in the flow of it it feels really badass
    I also love playing Green Grass And High Tides on expert drums, again when I get in the flow of the song I just go for it although mabye it's a bit too long
    I love singing Ballroom Blitz cause well it's Ballroom Blitz I guess.

SAMCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By SAMCRO

Im kinda biased to About a Girl By Nirvana because they are my favorite band but i do like Scream Aim Fire and B.Y.O.B because there fast and fun

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
    @SAMCRO said:
    " Im kinda biased to About a Girl By Nirvana because they are my favorite band but i do like Scream Aim Fire and B.Y.O.B because there fast and fun "
    Nirvana...I've heard of those guys...

No Caption Provided

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16  Edited By damnboyadvance

I don't own Guitar Hero. Never will. But I've played it long enough, plus some songs have come to the Rock Band Music Store, so I know that The Kill is a very fun song to play on the drums. The beat is just fun.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
    @damnboyadvance said:
    " I don't own Guitar Hero. Never will. But I've played it long enough, plus some songs have come to the Rock Band Music Store, so I know that The Kill is a very fun song to play on the drums. The beat is just fun. "
    I enjoyed playing it on guitar and drums, but I like the GH charts for it better than the Rock Band charts.  I don't know, the fuses just fuck with my head compared to the GH gems.  Nonetheless, good song to jam.

Recently, thanks to GH Metallica, I've been playing a lot of "Master of Puppets" and "The Shortest Straw".  Still, it's tough for me to pull myself away from jamming out on "Albatross" by CoC.  Love me some CoC.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By jonnyboy

I've been playing Guitar Hero since 1, also love Rockband, and I'm one of those crazy people that loves to sing, I know crazy right?
    Anyway songs I love for vocals are:

Go your own way - Fleetwood Mac
    Sacrifice - The Expendables
    Parabola - Tool

I'm pretty good too, if you wanna play online and you need a singer, hit me up.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
    @jonnyboy: I've recently enjoyed playing "Go Your Own Way" on Rock Band as well...even though I don't really like Fleetwood Mac.  Maybe they are growing on me because of my age?  lol
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By trophyhunter

I would say crazy train because it is the only good song in the whole game

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
    @trophyhunter said:
    " I would say crazy train because it is the only good song in the whole game "
    That's a GODDAMN lie!  You are speaking poorly about Steely Dan, Tool, and Lynyrd Skynyrd...while praising OZZY?  FOR SHAME!!!
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By jonnyboy
    @jakob187: I'm a pretty big Fleetwood fan, check out Rumours it's up there with 'Sgt Peppers' and 'Dark Side of the Moon' as far as classic album status goes.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By trophyhunter
    @jakob187 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    That's a GODDAMN lie!  You are speaking poorly about Steely Dan, Tool, and Lynyrd Skynyrd...while praising OZZY?  FOR SHAME!!!
    "
    yes, yes I am rockband 2 has a much better songlist so does guitar hero 5
    GH worldtour is terrible, it is the devil may cry 2 of the guitarhero games
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    "
    yes, yes I am rockband 2 has a much better songlist so does guitar hero 5 GH worldtour is terrible, it is the devil may cry 2 of the guitarhero games "
    World Tour is not anywhere NEAR that bad.  I don't understand why people give that game SOOOOOOO MUCH crap.  Guitar Hero 5 looks like a shit list so far, though.  Not much good going on there.

@jonnyboy said:
    " @jakob187: I'm a pretty big Fleetwood fan, check out Rumours it's up there with 'Sgt Peppers' and 'Dark Side of the Moon' as far as classic album status goes. "
    -_-  Sir....SIR...I'm 27 years old.  I've heard all of those and then some.  If anything, I thought Tusk was a decent album.  Also, Floyd never put out a bad album.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By trophyhunter
    @jakob187 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    "
    yes, yes I am rockband 2 has a much better songlist so does guitar hero 5 GH worldtour is terrible, it is the devil may cry 2 of the guitarhero games "
    World Tour is not anywhere NEAR that bad.  I don't understand why people give that game SOOOOOOO MUCH crap.  Guitar Hero 5 looks like a shit list so far, though.  Not much good going on there.
    Now you are the one who lies my friend, I got world tour for free so naturally I would enjoy it a bit more than had I payed for it.
    but no I can not find one song in that game I like besides crazy train or hot for teacher. I actually thought to myself "how could they make a game this bad".

Now I'll give you that it did have some better band animations, the real rockstars livened it up a bit, and it was cool to build your own guitar. but you have to play the terrible songs to see that stuff
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187
    @trophyhunter: It sounds like you just pigeonhole yourself into a specific style of music.  I'm a more open-minded kind of guy who grew up on classic rock, so guys like Steely Dan, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Los Lobos, The Eagles, The Guess Who, Steve Miller Band, Wings, and Ted Nugent make me happy.  I'm also a child of the alternative movement, so bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime, R.E.M., No Doubt, Foo Fighters, and Jane's Addiction do it for me as well.  For all of those bands, great and iconic songs that they put out were picked.

Even getting into the modern stuff, bands like Paramore, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rise Against, blink-182 made me happy.  The inclusion of "Beautiful Disaster", which is one of my favorite songs by 311, was a blessing.

Meanwhile, my metalhead needs are met with Tool, Van Halen, Metallica (and with such an underrated song as well), BLS, and of course Dream Theater.

By no means am I uncrediting Rock Band 2.  I think they've got a great tracklisting as well...plus the advantage of a superior DLC system.

Regardless, I think saying that World Tour was a bad game is just a matter of tastes...and it seems like mine are more vast at the moment.  Maybe I'm wrong.

As far as "Crazy Train"...Randy Rhoads wrote MUCH better riffs than that.  "Over The Mountain" is the one song they need to be putting into a GH game.  While Blizzard of Ozz is a great album, it's not Rhoads' best work with Ozzy.  Even then...Ozzy is a fucking tool.  The world would be a better place without his retardation.  Then again...I'm a Heaven and Hell fan more than I'm a traditional Sabbath fan...even though I dig Sabbath's stuff with Ozzy just fine.

Might I also remind you that I had to play a terrible Beck song like "E-Pro" in order to progress through Rock Band 2.  As if that wasn't enough, they kept throwing so many shit songs into the setlists over and over in Rock Band 2...which is maddening.  Seriously, how many more times do I have to play "Feel The Pain"?
    KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KME93

as a band ilike playin Santeria, Beat It, No Sleep Till Brooklyn, and La Bamba

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By trophyhunter

ok you win my friend but I am not pigeonhole to just metal
    I have all the no doubt, foo fighters, stevey ray vough(spelling) , motely crew and tons off other DLC for rockband 2

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By trophyhunter

now lets get to arguing about how you think GH 5 has a shit songlist  because I think its one of the best so far

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

If and when I do play guitar hero, I usually play Mr.Crowley and Crazy Train, then quit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
    @trophyhunter: I'm assuming you mean this one?  Simple:  it sucks.  Here, I'll pick out the worthwhile tracks that don't suck for you, just to make it easier.  = D  Also, mind you...I'm picking out the songs that WILL ACTUALLY BE FUN TO PLAY.  There are songs that I'm not picking that I really like AS SONGS...but for the game...no, sir.

A Perfect Circle - Judith
    Blink-182 - The Rock Show
    Bush - Comedown
    Darkest Hour - Demon(s) (I only say this because I liked how blindz0r played it on the drum trainer in Rock Band 2)
    Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
    Megadeth - Sweating Bullets
    Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do?
    Smashing Pumpkins - Bullets with Butterfly Wings
    Spacehog - In The Meantime (SOOOOOO fucking psyched about this song being on there, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Spacehog)
    Stevie Wonder - Superstition
    Sublime - What I Got
    T. Rex - 20th Century Boy (SOOOOOO fucking psyched about this one too...T. Rex was one of my favorite bands growing up...thank GOD for my parents introducing me to Electric Warrior)
    Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
    Thrice - Deadbolt
    Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

Frankly, 15 tracks out of...how many?  I can say that I like at least HALF of the tracklist from World Tour.  Now sure, this is my INITIAL reaction.  I might actually find some fun in playing "Ring of Fire" or some Police.  However, I'm not looking at what I, only one, person will be playing.  I'm looking at - when I jump online, what songs will I enjoy playing with other people?  While they'll all be focusing on the hardest songs possible...because that's what they do, I'll be focusing on the songs that are thoroughly enjoyable and create a good time to be had by all.

Except Megadeth.  That's just going to be fucking awesome, and when people fail on the song, I'm going to boot them out of my band and play it myself.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By trophyhunter

well hardly ever play online because like you say everyone just picks the hardest longest song because they think i makes them look cool.
    and I find songs that I like are fun to play even if they are no fun to play mostly because I treat guitarhero and rockband as a glorified ipod.
    when I play I never imagine myself rocking out like everyone else does or like your suppose to. I use it as slightly more active way of just listening to the songs.
    I play on medium since the first GH and have not changed since because I think playing on hard sucks all the fun out of the game.
    How do you not have the two greatest songs ever on your list smells like teen spirit and lithium?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.