Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 01, 2005

Guitar Hero allows players to step into the shoes of a rock god and play some of the most famous guitar songs of all time.

2016 should mark the return of music games.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

By then guitar hero 1 will be 10 years old, thus marking the point where you can be nostalgic about something. We'll be two years into new consoles. Harmonix also recently won a lawsuit against viacom, where viacom has to pay harmonix 500 million dollars. So harmonix has plenty of money to make a next generation rockband.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't see it happening, but anything that gets a DJ Hero 3 made is fine by me.

I love Rock Band, but I'd be okay with it being done for good at this point. DJ Hero never got the chance to evolve and truly shine, on the other hand. Besides, Harmonix doing a DJ Hero would be amazing.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

As long as I have Audiosurf I'll be happy.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

2016 - Year of the PS3. Niel Young will cry and Steven Spielberg will make Level 17, the most emotional game ever made (kinect mandatory).

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

As the last full Rock Band game came out in 2010 I'm not sure we're ready to start thinking about a nostalgic throwback yet. I think one of the problems that faces that whole genre is working out where exactly to go next. If someone can come up with something new and interesting in the rhythm game space then great, I really encourage that, but with that music collection of thousands of songs, plastic instruments for a whole band, support for real instruments, and more, Harmonix basically pushed Guitar Hero/Rock Band as far as it can go, unless they've got something really revolutionary that no one has thought of up their sleeve.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

c u in 3 yrs, then...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I'd be really happy if they made another DJ Hero, but that's never happening.

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love more Rock Band for next gen, but it probably isn't financially viable. Figure Harmonix recently stopped producing song DLC's after what? 5 years of weekly releases? I could see one last hurrah with them releasing something huge like Rock Band: Led Zeppelin, but I think the genre as a whole will stay with PS3/360/Wii.

I checked my RB catalog and I've purchased over 150 songs. Adding in buying all 3 main Rock Band games and 2 guitars, they definitely milked me good. I regret nothing!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ehhhh, we'll see. Still feels way too soon for all that again.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it's great that a game like Rocksmith can exist and be produced with a relatively high budget. I don't feel like I need more games with plastic instruments for now.

But they will come back. These games were excellent.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By guiseppe

I'm just not sure what they can do to make it interesting again. It would probably have to be something similar to Rocksmith.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'm not sure we need a plastic instrument renaissance. We don't need plastic instruments; we need interesting gameplay, whatever form that may take. I still dream of the day when we're graced with either an Elite Beat Agents 2 or Ouendan 3. I know it likely won't happen at this point, but I would much rather see that series make a comeback than have Activision and Harmonix flood shelves with more guitars.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By GreggD

@hailinel said:

I'm not sure we need a plastic instrument renaissance. We don't need plastic instruments; we need interesting gameplay, whatever form that may take. I still dream of the day when we're graced with either an Elite Beat Agents 2 or Ouendan 3. I know it likely won't happen at this point, but I would much rather see that series make a comeback than have Activision and Harmonix flood shelves with more guitars.

I still play Rock Band every day. Nothing about the gameplay is uninteresting, it's just that some people ended up playing every Guitar Hero AND Rock Band game, and got sick of it after a while. I never went that route, and stuck with Harmonix and Rock Band, so I never burnt out on it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it should stay dead like most fads. It can be something we talk about with our kids.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your asking Activision to break there mold of publishing yearly sequels , Movie License games and angry birds to spend money making another Guitar hero.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.