Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gundam

Franchise »

Gundam is one of the longest running Japanese anime franchises, making its debut in 1979. It has yielded several dozen video game adaptions.

You got Gundam in an Overwatch?! New Gundam esports title GUNDAM EVOLUTION (PC)

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

The rumored/reported Gundam esports title has been revealed as Gundam Evolution, a 6v6 Team-Based Shooter.

Also, a Japanese stream demonstrating the game was streamed recently. Here it is skipping to near the demonstration of the point capture mode:

There is a sign up for the closed beta test, but I think it's Japan only? https://gundamevolution.jp/cbt/

A Gundam hero-based shooter is such a good fit that I've never thought of before. While licensed Gundam games run the gamut in quality, watching footage of Gundam Evolution makes the game looks promising. It's been a while since I've seen any Overwatch so I don't know how it compares, but the team fights in the Gunam Evolution looks to be a fun mess.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Sure this looks alright! Get the Gundams to shoot the other Gundams! It'll be interesting to see how many 'heroes' are in this game considering the near infinite pool of Gundams they could pull from.

If nothing else, it feels like this is as close to a sure thing as you could get in Japan. My impression from skulking around Japanese arcades was that Gundam Extreme Vs was ridiculously popular and was played at a really high level so something like this even more geared to esports seems poised to do extremely well as long as it's not complete garbage.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Efesell

It’s a great idea for sure but also everyone who attempts to make a good Gundam game seems to inexplicably fuck it up.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
    davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really want this to be better than I expect it to be!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks really interesting and I hope it will get localized in the West in the near future.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

waiting for "∀ Gundam too op pls nerf"

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Real question is how much money are they going to charge for Gundam skins. Paint jobs sure, but how much money is it going to cost me to put a sombrero on RX-78.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.