Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

.hack//INFECTION - Part 1

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 11, 2003

.hack//INFECTION is a pseudo online RPG, with a strange game-within-a-game premise.

Dealing With Mimics

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I doubt anyone will see this but anyone know the best way to deal with mimics in this game? I keep getting charmed and it just messes me up! Anything I can do to up my resistance or spells to equip to remove it?

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

As far as I remember the spells for curing status effects were called "Rip Something", but "Restoratives" (Item) might also work?

Sorry, it was a long time ago...

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TowerSixteen

Been a while, but yeah, I recall just having a ton of items and spamming the heal command whenever someone got hit.

I hate that I played all four of those games.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those mimics are without a doubt the most annoying enemy in any game ever. Good luck if they manage to charm your entire party.

Been a while, but yeah, I recall just having a ton of items and spamming the heal command whenever someone got hit.

I hate that I played all four of those games.

I have played infection and mutation and while the combat and dungeon layouts get repetitive I still really enjoyed them. Do the last two games get a lot worse or is it just more of the same? If so I'll probably still play them as well.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zeik

Yeah, as I recall you just need to carry a bunch of restorative items and kill them as quick as you can. I definitely remember them being extremely annoying. I don't recall there being a way to block status effects, but you should check through your stats just to be sure.

@automatontribe: It's pretty much more of the same, but the 4th game does make you farm an insane amount of virus cores, which kind of destroys the pacing. Still, you might as well finish.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A trick for dealing with the mimics is to tell your party members to use first aid since they all show up with status curing items and can get items out quicker than you. Also, if you can keep your distance with Kite, you won't get confused and you can keep curing the status effects of your party members.

Xel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, a .hack thread? Incredible.

Basically, just make sure you have the restorative items and hit the heal command for team members. I tried to keep Mistral in my party at all times, she was amazing as a healer.

Keep on playing, the story is well worth the effort.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Have a lot of restorative items and make sure your party or at least your healer is set to first aid. I personally try to have between 10-20 of each restorative item on me at all times which can be hard at times because I remember money being tight in Infection not so much so in the other 3 games.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@automatontribe: It's more of the same, but I don't think I should've played four (two?) games worth of what it had to offer. The combat and RPG systems were mediocre; the writing, aesthetic, and voice acting were mediocre-to-bad. Never offensive on any front, just never really...good in any particular aspect, either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.