Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

Are there any good iron sight or leaning mods?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm not sure if there are any mods to enable leaning, but I thought I'd add that. Something that I've felt has been lacking from Half Life ever since it has become a bigger part in games, is iron sights. I just think it would feel better to aim down the sight with the guns in Half Life 2 now, so I was wondering if anyone has tried any out and if you could recommend me one. I haven't searched for a leaning mod, but that would be pretty cool too in my opinion. Thanks.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eww. Leaning I can get behind, but iron sights are pointless when the center of the camera is always the target.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Iron sights and leaning would pretty much break the game, but there's this crazy mod I love called SMOD Redux that does it. It adds those 2 features among a bajillion other dumb things, like UMD launcher PSP, bullet time, Dark Messiah style physics-enabled kick, and explosives littered in cutscenes that would break the game progression if you don't catch them before the NPC's bump into them. I honestly don't remember how to install it, but here's the website.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

@audiobusting: @ezekiel: I still think the enemies, from an animation perspective go down in satisfying ways when you shoot them, but not being able to aim down the sights to me feels too archaic now when playing Half Life, when it's an otherwise fantastic experience still. Leaning would be a nice plus to me. Yeah, I saw that mod, but it looked like it changed too much. I don't want to really change a lot of its identity, I just want to implement a nice iron sight function, and leaning if possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.