Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

I recently finished 'remastering' all 3 of Mark Gillespie's (aka GooseGoose/GammyGoose) fantastic Half-Life 2 videos.

Kohlstream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Kohlstream

For those of you who don't know about these videos here's the video description:

About 5 years ago a Half-Life fan named GooseGoose produced 3 critique videos of Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and Half-Life 2: Episode 2. These were well liked in the Half-Life community. GooseGoose has since disappeared from the internet, deleting his YouTube account that hosted the videos. They were still available on Google Videos for a time but has since gone with the service. Steam forum member Flamov kindly uploaded the videos to his YouTube account to keep them live on the net.

I always enjoyed these videos but wished that the video quality was higher, especially when watching them on a nice flat screen TV. Having recently acquired a decent PC I decided to 'reshoot' the video in 1080p resolution, trying to match each shot as closely as possible. I then edited it together using the original video's audio track.

I felt that these videos gave an interesting and unique take on the three Half-Life 2 games and thought a fun way to bring these videos to a new audience was to redo them into HD.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I expected these to be 10 minutes long. I have never heard of this but might give your remastered versions a watch. Thanks dude

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kohlstream: Oh god, these are LONG! It must have taken a lot of time to do this. I'll try to give it a look. Is it engaging to watch? Could you sell them a bit more?

JYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I remember these, they're really cool. If you're a half-life fan and want some in depth views on the narrative and how the whole game compliments the story and the world, they're a good commentary. Doesn't play the whole game, but spends time talking about each section.

Kohlstream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@winternet: Sure. Think of them as a 'sort of' play through of the game but edited down to a few hours. I found his perspective and own insights on the game fairly unique. As someone who had played through the games several times was surprised at how much I learnt and made me appreciate them even more. Watch the first 10 minutes or so to see if its your cup of tea.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kohlstream: I'm a big fan of Half-Life games so I'm definitely interested, I was just trying to assess if it was worth to take 3 hours to watch them. Thanks anyway :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.