Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 1998

Take on the role of Gordon Freeman as he escapes the disastrous aftermath of an experiment gone wrong in the Black Mesa Research Facility.

New Tram Ride Music

IvanOoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By IvanOoze

I installed Half Life today because I planned on playing through them all in sequence again. After launching Half Life and then starting a new game, I was greeted with the start of the usual tram ride sequence accompanied with Diana Ross's hit single "I'm Coming Out." After minimising I found that the game is the cause of the music.  
    Has anyone else found this, It may be attributed to a past update which I missed, or it's something relatively new. I hope I'm not being completely stupid. Let me know! 

@Jazz said:

" Thats pretty damn funny. Also....whats with all the Power Ranger love these days? Is there like a comeback or something?  "
    I used to be mad on Power Rangers, I had MegaZords, different figures, VHS's of the different series and I used to watch nothing else, Fox Kids in the UK would show it non-stop. Last year when I wanted a new handle for PC gaming I remembered the villain from the film, and it sort of stuck. 
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#2  Edited By Jazz

Thats pretty damn funny. 
    Also....whats with all the Power Ranger love these days? Is there like a comeback or something? 

IvanOoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IvanOoze

Update: After putting on the HEV suit I was shocked to suddenly hear the Salt-n-Pepa and En Vogue single "Whatta Man." This is some weird shit. It seems like they carry on playing until the song is over. Maybe a new song will play after each 'Iconic' moment throughout the story. Lets hope so.  

@scarycrayons said:

" I'm pretty sure you already know that it plays the music that's in your CD drive, so I'll just kill the joke right here.   That said, putting odd music CDs into games that play CD music is always entertaining! "
    Well now I know. here's me thinking it was something relevant and new, but it's just a CD that has been left in the tray. I'm surprised I've never heard of it before. 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Jazz said:
    "  Also....whats with all the Power Ranger love these days? Is there like a comeback or something?  "  
    YEAH WHITE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

...Ranger!
    scarycrayons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scarycrayons

I'm pretty sure you already know that it plays the music that's in your CD drive, so I'll just kill the joke right here. 

That said, putting odd music CDs into games that play CD music is always entertaining!

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By s10129107

Is that a hint for half life 3

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#7  Edited By Jazz
    @AlwaysAngry:  
    Fuck that I'm old school 

GO GREEN RANGER GO 
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Jazz said:
    " @AlwaysAngry:  Fuck that I'm old school  GO GREEN RANGER GO  "
    RED!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.