Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 1998

Take on the role of Gordon Freeman as he escapes the disastrous aftermath of an experiment gone wrong in the Black Mesa Research Facility.

Replayed Half-Life again after more then a decade

Bas_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I moved away from PC gaming completely around the time of the PS3 release. I was so far into Linux that I decided to ditch Windows altogether and just game sitting on the couch with the big screen using my PS3.

Now Steam for Linux/SteamOS is starting to become something. I installed it on my Ultrabook, browsed through the games and found out they actually ported Half-Life to Linux! Something I asked them to do years and years ago. Amazed by this discovery, I dug up my decade old copy and tried activating it on my newly created Steam account. Sadly this didn't work right away (already activated). So I opened a customer support ticket and the nice people at Valve actually reset a very old Steam account that I totally forgot about. It was on a handle that I used back in the day to play the original Counterstrike. That was when they first started with Steam, which was the most annoying thing ever invented :-)

But then I started playing the original Half-Life again after more then 10 years and I got to say it still holds up (or is that the nostalgia?). Played through the entire campaign in one sitting. What a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.