Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 09, 2004

The sequel to Halo: Combat Evolved continues the epic story of humanity's last and best hope: the super-soldier Master Chief, as he defends Earth from a Covenant invasion and fights to prevent the activation of another Halo ring.

So I finally tried Halo 2 pc....

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Way back when, I tried the Halo 1 pc demo, and I just couldn't understand why it had such a pc community.  It plays horribly in comparison to the xbox version and it's not even compatible seeing as how they don't compensate for the controller- it's a four directional analog stick, yea...
    Anyway, I decided to try halo 2 for the pc.   All I'll say is this: PC gamers understand that these ports suck, right?
    for the record, I tried a "demo".  Doesn't matter though, right?  I do own the game for the xbox and I was doing it for comparisons sake.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Superchris129

I own Halo 2 PC. The online blows, because no one plays it. But I don't have any issues with the single player campaign... and Points! For Halo 2.

merlinisg0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By merlinisg0d

Well what did you expect while playing a delayed port of a 2004 game that is obviously going to be much more focused on the xbox and was so popular because of the online which is now dead......I'm not sure what kind of point you are trying to make from this little rant but you should probably stop playing terrible ports of old games and maybe try The Witcher, Crysis or Company of Heroes. You know, games that aren't terrible. Playing those games might help you appreciate PC gaming a little more.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Yes, anyone who thinks to pick up a port like Halo 2 for PC and is disappointed, deserves to have their money wasted.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Halo 2 for PC = balls.

Halo 2 was great fun on Xbox, though.
    Da_Muffin_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Da_Muffin_Man

What's your record for threads in a day?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Lieutenant said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "It plays horribly in comparison to the xbox version
    "
    whaat?
    It played just fine. I probably sunk 50 hours on the multiplayer alone since its release and never had a problem with the controls."
    Not just controls, the whole thing just feels wrong.
    I guess it's fine, but if you play the xbox version, you just realize that this is not what it's suppose to be.

The thing is, yea, you've sunk 50 hours into it since about a year and a half.  I sunk so much more that into halo 2 on the xbox in that first year and a half, I don't want to guess the hours of my life I wasted though...
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

I hate Halo it feels so generic and all the levels feel like pre generated patterns they copied and pasted over and over again.

Catbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Catbus
    PapaLazarou said:
    "I hate Halo it feels so generic and all the levels feel like pre generated patterns they copied and pasted over and over again."
    This guy has the right idea =D

Anyways, I thought Halo 1 PC was great fun, enjoyed it tons more than I did on the Xbox. The main problem with Halo 2 is that it's a huge piece of overrated generic crap no matter what platform it's on.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

I tried getting my hands on Halo 2 in retail and on the net but you just can't buy it anywhere but Ebay but the problem is it has a cd key so you need ot new I think. Anyways I managed to download it and get a crack and frigging the thing ran at like 15 FPS on the second level so I just gave up, such a bad port I can max out Crysis but not Halo 2 lol.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By darkgoth678

Yeah I picked it up too about a year ago and I though the only thing it somewhat had was story. Grahpicsly it was at a made-me-cry level. It kind of suck that it was that literal of a port i mean, if they really wanted people to pick the thing up, they could of updated it in other ways besides putting in there 20 MP maps people could just mod...

I think people are so down on it is because it released so late from the 1st release of Halo 2, if the PC and xbox versions had released simultaniously, perhaps it would have had a better rep.

Microsoft: Halo 2 was suppose to be a game! not a marketing stunt to get people to purchase Vista!
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By maxszy
    Da_Muffin_Man said:
    "What's your record for threads in a day?"
    Don't think we even want to know. *sigh*
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By GreggD

I just bought Halo for PC, because it's one of my favorite shooters, ever. The reason I bought it for PC is because I can't bring myself to play it on the 360, and I'm not tracking down and paying for an old xbox. Anyway, I think it's great, however I've yet to play Halo 2 on PC, though I know I didn't like the xbox version. So I guess what I'm saying is that I've got no real worthwhile additions to this particular conversation. A bit verbose, I know, but I felt I should say it, anyway.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By mrhankey

they do blow, thats why i bought them at bargain prices $20 for Halo 1 and Halo 2 at my local EB Games (thats $10 per game)

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Lieutenant said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "It plays horribly in comparison to the xbox version
    "
    whaat?
    It played just fine. I probably sunk 50 hours on the multiplayer alone since its release and never had a problem with the controls."
    Not just controls, the whole thing just feels wrong.I guess it's fine, but if you play the xbox version, you just realize that this is not what it's suppose to be.The thing is, yea, you've sunk 50 hours into it since about a year and a half.  I sunk so much more that into halo 2 on the xbox in that first year and a half, I don't want to guess the hours of my life I wasted though..."
    Stfu fanboy.
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @Superchris129 said:
    " I own Halo 2 PC. The online blows, because no one plays it. But I don't have any issues with the single player campaign... and Points! For Halo 2. "
    I actually am having a lot more fun in Halo 2 multiplayer recently.  It is nice to just have a server browser like the old days where you could pick the map and game variant that you were in the mood for.  Sure, matchmaking is easy and quick, but I really don't mind the tried and true server browser method that, for me has been much more useful than the new matchmaking fad.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By wefwefasdf

I only bought it so I can get the points. Plus, I never actually finished the Halo 2 campaign on the Xbox.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138

Mega ultra necro thread ...smug dark loser ill miss you ...

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pazy
    @WickedCobra03 said:
    " @Superchris129 said:
    " I own Halo 2 PC. The online blows, because no one plays it. But I don't have any issues with the single player campaign... and Points! For Halo 2. "
    I actually am having a lot more fun in Halo 2 multiplayer recently.  It is nice to just have a server browser like the old days where you could pick the map and game variant that you were in the mood for.  Sure, matchmaking is easy and quick, but I really don't mind the tried and true server browser method that, for me has been much more useful than the new matchmaking fad. "
    Im tempted to get Halo 2 on PC since the original Xbox version is getting shutdown (at least Xbox Live for Original Xbox is) although I was worried that no one played it, and also that my laptop wouldent run it. If people are still playing it then I might see if I can get it for cheap.
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By CaptainObvious

No Caption Provided
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think when you pick up a Halo game for PC you know pretty much what you're getting, an FPS made for console controls on the PC. I have Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC and the keyboard/mouse setup seemed to work well enough with that although I do prefer the console controls. Everything that was in the console version of Halo 2 seems to be in the PC version though so if you liked Halo 2 on the console does taking that same experience and putting it on the PC really completely kill it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.