Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

Alone. Again.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

Over the past few days I have come to hate ODST Firefight. The name bore a sense of joy to me before. But now, all it reminds me of is heart ache and sore fingers (kinda like my ex-girlfriend, but that's a different story...). This story starts with me asking my friend if he wants to help me get some of the last firefight achievements I need. 

An hour later on Lost platoon - a map he says he made it all the way to 400,000 on with Legendary - him and his nub friend had gotten themselves killed enough to end the game. Onto Last Exit. And hour into that - an hour of them leaving to make a sandwich and eat said sandwich while I covered their asses - they said they had to leave for the night. NOOOO! Damn you firefight and your game ending quitting!! 

Deflated, but determined to get at least one achievement, I decided "F**k it, I'll do it myself". That's also what I ended up saying at night during my relationship with my ex, but again, that's a different story... 

Knowing that I couldn't handle all skulls on Normal, I opted for the much easier, but obviously longer, route of playing on Easy. An hour in and I only had 40K. I nearly quit then and there, but I thought I might have a chance to get the achievement. Luckily I didn't because I made it. It did take me nearly 3 hours to do, but I made it. My last kill was a stick on a brute chieftain. I stuck around for the bonus round (which happened to be the next stage by chance) and then left. 

It was pretty enjoyable, but not too challenging. I simply jumped in a ghost for most of the game (ahem, 400+ splatters!), kept my pistol handy if I wanted to deck some grunts, and retreated into the main building when I was too swamped with drones during the Black Eye stretches of the levels. Got pretty darn good at it by the end. I probably could've kept going for another 100K if I'd tried, but after 3 hours of the same stupid Covenant, it was time to escape... 

Will I do it again. Probably not. Two days left before In return the game and I don't fancy spending half of them in Firefight for 30 more gamerscore...

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

Over the past few days I have come to hate ODST Firefight. The name bore a sense of joy to me before. But now, all it reminds me of is heart ache and sore fingers (kinda like my ex-girlfriend, but that's a different story...). This story starts with me asking my friend if he wants to help me get some of the last firefight achievements I need. 

An hour later on Lost platoon - a map he says he made it all the way to 400,000 on with Legendary - him and his nub friend had gotten themselves killed enough to end the game. Onto Last Exit. And hour into that - an hour of them leaving to make a sandwich and eat said sandwich while I covered their asses - they said they had to leave for the night. NOOOO! Damn you firefight and your game ending quitting!! 

Deflated, but determined to get at least one achievement, I decided "F**k it, I'll do it myself". That's also what I ended up saying at night during my relationship with my ex, but again, that's a different story... 

Knowing that I couldn't handle all skulls on Normal, I opted for the much easier, but obviously longer, route of playing on Easy. An hour in and I only had 40K. I nearly quit then and there, but I thought I might have a chance to get the achievement. Luckily I didn't because I made it. It did take me nearly 3 hours to do, but I made it. My last kill was a stick on a brute chieftain. I stuck around for the bonus round (which happened to be the next stage by chance) and then left. 

It was pretty enjoyable, but not too challenging. I simply jumped in a ghost for most of the game (ahem, 400+ splatters!), kept my pistol handy if I wanted to deck some grunts, and retreated into the main building when I was too swamped with drones during the Black Eye stretches of the levels. Got pretty darn good at it by the end. I probably could've kept going for another 100K if I'd tried, but after 3 hours of the same stupid Covenant, it was time to escape... 

Will I do it again. Probably not. Two days left before In return the game and I don't fancy spending half of them in Firefight for 30 more gamerscore...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.