Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

ODST Legend...ary

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

After 4 hours, I completed the Halo 3: ODST on Legendary! Nothing beats the ol' "2 achievements unlocked for 200G". 

It wasn't always easy, but it was pretty fun. The friend I was playing it with has a bit of a temper, so I'd come up behind him and melee him once before running away, dodging his grenades and laughing. Ah... The funniest moment however was during one particular session in the Mombassa Streets. He was getting blasted by snipers. "Save me! Help help help!" "Don't worry I'm a legend" I said as i picked off the sniper with my pistol. Just to rub it in I decided to brag about my feat one last time "Oh yes, I am Spawn Man and I am a friggin leg-". The exact moment my lips began to say "legend", I was sniped dead by a jackal. To make it worse is I screamed a little and everyone in our party cracked up laughing. 

We eventually got to the last fight without many hiccups - the coastal highway was brutal, but we managed - and we were set for the final battle. After giving our rockets to Buck and Dare (and after numerous comments on how I'd tap Dare and how he thought she had a knife face), we were ready. Somehow I got separated and ended up BEHIND the Covenant drop point, so I hid in this little alcove. It was quite hilarious really because just as I did this, the Brute Chieftain dropped with his massive gravity hammer. 

We literally stood eying each other up for a few minutes. Then my friend died and respawned in my little alcove. Obviously he hadn't showered because the chieftain rushed and wiped him out. I retreated into my little corner and whimpered "I'm safe - he won't find me in here..." Then he blew me away with his hammer. I didn't scream this time, but everyone still laughed. 

We fought to the end and then it was over. Unlike other campaigns however, it was pretty easy on Legendary - I'd certainly consider doing it again for fun. Now I just need to get Naughty Naughty, some of those Firefight achievos, all the audiophiles and of course those pesky Vidmasters. All in 3 days before I return the game.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

After 4 hours, I completed the Halo 3: ODST on Legendary! Nothing beats the ol' "2 achievements unlocked for 200G". 

It wasn't always easy, but it was pretty fun. The friend I was playing it with has a bit of a temper, so I'd come up behind him and melee him once before running away, dodging his grenades and laughing. Ah... The funniest moment however was during one particular session in the Mombassa Streets. He was getting blasted by snipers. "Save me! Help help help!" "Don't worry I'm a legend" I said as i picked off the sniper with my pistol. Just to rub it in I decided to brag about my feat one last time "Oh yes, I am Spawn Man and I am a friggin leg-". The exact moment my lips began to say "legend", I was sniped dead by a jackal. To make it worse is I screamed a little and everyone in our party cracked up laughing. 

We eventually got to the last fight without many hiccups - the coastal highway was brutal, but we managed - and we were set for the final battle. After giving our rockets to Buck and Dare (and after numerous comments on how I'd tap Dare and how he thought she had a knife face), we were ready. Somehow I got separated and ended up BEHIND the Covenant drop point, so I hid in this little alcove. It was quite hilarious really because just as I did this, the Brute Chieftain dropped with his massive gravity hammer. 

We literally stood eying each other up for a few minutes. Then my friend died and respawned in my little alcove. Obviously he hadn't showered because the chieftain rushed and wiped him out. I retreated into my little corner and whimpered "I'm safe - he won't find me in here..." Then he blew me away with his hammer. I didn't scream this time, but everyone still laughed. 

We fought to the end and then it was over. Unlike other campaigns however, it was pretty easy on Legendary - I'd certainly consider doing it again for fun. Now I just need to get Naughty Naughty, some of those Firefight achievos, all the audiophiles and of course those pesky Vidmasters. All in 3 days before I return the game.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kishan6

you didnt beat odst on legendary in 4 hours when you are meleeing and throwing grenades at ur co op partner... 
    dont lie

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpawnMan
    @kishan6: Ummm... okay ? You're? Right ? I dunno how to respond to that...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.