Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Anyone popped this in recently?

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By MistaSparkle

Because this game is still amazing! Probably even more than before...and why? I'll tell you why!

I got used to modern military shooters like CoD and completely forgot about how great a game can be when it doesn't take itself so seriously. I imagine the feeling I got from playing Halo is comparable, at least, to Saints Row: The Third because this game isn't about camping and getting kill streaks, and staying alive isn't such a big deal either. Halo wants you to run out there and shoot some guys, and guess what happens when you DO shoot those guys? They go flying! And its awesome! I can't believe how much I've missed taking a rocket launcher and shooting it into a group while the announcer yells "Triple Kill"!

Another thing I forgot I loved so much were all the different vehicles you could drive or hijack, which is super satisfying by the way. I took a banshee and racked up a whole bunch of splatter kills but then I got hijacked. No problem though because my friend had a warthog and was waiting for me to hop in the gunner's seat. This brings me to my next point.

It is so nice to be able to talk to people without them being assholes. I usually stick to the trusty party chat, but while playing Halo I forgot to make a party and realized me and my friend weren't having the private conversation we thought we were having. Instead we were being talked to by a woman on our team. And the funny thing is that this became very normal for us. We were joining games that usually had at least one girl in it, which I found to be extremely uncommon in most of my gaming life. Since near every match had a woman in it I had to ask why that was and most of their responses were that they were tired of the piece of shit community CoD has and that they found that Halo's was much more friendly. Playing all night, I realized she was absolutely right. We only had one group who called me a and my friend faggots but we had trash talked our way into a 2v2 private match, which ended in us all becoming friends.

So take what you will from all this. All I know is that I can't wait to play some more Halo tomorrow, and maybe some fellow Giantbombers will give it another shot. Especially if you are tired with everything being so serious in our gosh darn vidya gaymes, and want some good old fashioned multiplayer sillyness.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MistaSparkle

Because this game is still amazing! Probably even more than before...and why? I'll tell you why!

I got used to modern military shooters like CoD and completely forgot about how great a game can be when it doesn't take itself so seriously. I imagine the feeling I got from playing Halo is comparable, at least, to Saints Row: The Third because this game isn't about camping and getting kill streaks, and staying alive isn't such a big deal either. Halo wants you to run out there and shoot some guys, and guess what happens when you DO shoot those guys? They go flying! And its awesome! I can't believe how much I've missed taking a rocket launcher and shooting it into a group while the announcer yells "Triple Kill"!

Another thing I forgot I loved so much were all the different vehicles you could drive or hijack, which is super satisfying by the way. I took a banshee and racked up a whole bunch of splatter kills but then I got hijacked. No problem though because my friend had a warthog and was waiting for me to hop in the gunner's seat. This brings me to my next point.

It is so nice to be able to talk to people without them being assholes. I usually stick to the trusty party chat, but while playing Halo I forgot to make a party and realized me and my friend weren't having the private conversation we thought we were having. Instead we were being talked to by a woman on our team. And the funny thing is that this became very normal for us. We were joining games that usually had at least one girl in it, which I found to be extremely uncommon in most of my gaming life. Since near every match had a woman in it I had to ask why that was and most of their responses were that they were tired of the piece of shit community CoD has and that they found that Halo's was much more friendly. Playing all night, I realized she was absolutely right. We only had one group who called me a and my friend faggots but we had trash talked our way into a 2v2 private match, which ended in us all becoming friends.

So take what you will from all this. All I know is that I can't wait to play some more Halo tomorrow, and maybe some fellow Giantbombers will give it another shot. Especially if you are tired with everything being so serious in our gosh darn vidya gaymes, and want some good old fashioned multiplayer sillyness.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Man, thanks for reminding me of how my old roommate stole it from me. That dick.

But yeah, I have some fond memories of that game.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
    chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

I popped it in a little while ago and went online...still a great game.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By killacam

count me in. this game filled my downtime between classes like.. 4 years ago

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EuanDewar

STILL MY FAVOURITE GAME EVER WE REPPIN' THAT SHIT

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Revan_NL

Although I played a ton of hours of Halo 2 MP I was never able to get into the SP of Halo games, until I played Reach at least. I know it might not be the best SP in the series, but playing Reach on Heroic (first time that I tried that) I was finally able to see what's so great about Halo's SP. The abillity of the AI to respond to your actions (or come from different locations after you retry a certain section) was what made me realise how great the combat in Halo was. It may have to do something with the fact that I really grew tired of games that forced you in a certain direction (like in COD). Wanted to play Halo 3 on Herioic ever since, just haven't been able to get around to it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.