Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Bored of HALO... for the first time ever?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By crunchUK

oh snap
    oh snap
    Now i am sure many of you know i am probably giantbombs most avid halo3 player - 5000+ games, which is almost 700 hours according to my calculations (5000 times about 8 minutes, divide by 60). that's a lot of halo. But i'm not here to demonstrate how awesome/sad/no life i am...

Today, i turned on my 360 and put in halo 3 as i do most of the time... I played a couple of games of Team Doubles, i got bored of that, moved onto team snipers, i then got bored of that. Then i played a game of Valhalla 1 bomb in social big team. That was most unsatisfying.

So after this streak of rather drab and uninteresting matches i was once again in the matchmaking lobby, flicking through the playlists.

Lone wolves? Oh dear god no. Team Slayer? Meh Team doubles? Boring. Squad battle? Do i really want to wait until the end ot Time for a game... Rumblie pit?no thanks. Social slayer? Boring.

Social skirmish? Crap teamwork Social team DLC? Nobody on. Social big team? CBA Action sack? nah... Multi team? meh. MLG? LOL!! SWAT? ROFLMAO CANCER! Snipers? meh.

I just didn't particularly feel like playing anything. Maybe i was just having a bad day, maybe bungie needs to hurry up with RANKED TEAM FLAG TO REPLACE TEAM OBJECTIVE, maybe i've done all there is to do in halo , which i doubt becauyse, You see, i pride myself in playing a large variety of game modes. Virtually the only ones i don't play regularly are MLG, SWAT and living dead when it appears. And that's because they are teh suxors. Really i need to play with friends more often. MY friends list is almost entirely full, im a regular member on the halo 3 wheelmen boards, yet almost all the time i'm playing solo. I blame the abscence of lies these past few days.

At least halo 3 ODSTs firefight and new maps will revitalize halo 3s MP. I hope so.

Blog over, hate halo all you want

P.S i whipped pie in several 1vs1s the other day... that was fun

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By crunchUK

oh snap
    oh snap
    Now i am sure many of you know i am probably giantbombs most avid halo3 player - 5000+ games, which is almost 700 hours according to my calculations (5000 times about 8 minutes, divide by 60). that's a lot of halo. But i'm not here to demonstrate how awesome/sad/no life i am...

Today, i turned on my 360 and put in halo 3 as i do most of the time... I played a couple of games of Team Doubles, i got bored of that, moved onto team snipers, i then got bored of that. Then i played a game of Valhalla 1 bomb in social big team. That was most unsatisfying.

So after this streak of rather drab and uninteresting matches i was once again in the matchmaking lobby, flicking through the playlists.

Lone wolves? Oh dear god no. Team Slayer? Meh Team doubles? Boring. Squad battle? Do i really want to wait until the end ot Time for a game... Rumblie pit?no thanks. Social slayer? Boring.

Social skirmish? Crap teamwork Social team DLC? Nobody on. Social big team? CBA Action sack? nah... Multi team? meh. MLG? LOL!! SWAT? ROFLMAO CANCER! Snipers? meh.

I just didn't particularly feel like playing anything. Maybe i was just having a bad day, maybe bungie needs to hurry up with RANKED TEAM FLAG TO REPLACE TEAM OBJECTIVE, maybe i've done all there is to do in halo , which i doubt becauyse, You see, i pride myself in playing a large variety of game modes. Virtually the only ones i don't play regularly are MLG, SWAT and living dead when it appears. And that's because they are teh suxors. Really i need to play with friends more often. MY friends list is almost entirely full, im a regular member on the halo 3 wheelmen boards, yet almost all the time i'm playing solo. I blame the abscence of lies these past few days.

At least halo 3 ODSTs firefight and new maps will revitalize halo 3s MP. I hope so.

Blog over, hate halo all you want

P.S i whipped pie in several 1vs1s the other day... that was fun

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Wow, that is a lot, coming from you, crunch. I never really got into Halo much myself but whenever I do play, I find it pretty fun. I guess I just have to have your OMEGA AWESOMEST Halo 3 multiplayer play time to find playing again boring. But, yeah, playing with Pie is probably always fun.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47

I never play halo enough to get tired of it lol.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MC_Izawa

I played Halo 2 about that much, seeing as how it was the only online FPS I had at the time.  I played at least a few hours everyday.  When I got Halo 3 I thought "I've done this before, and that TF2 is awesome..." so I kinda put it on the shelf.  TF2 has become my screw around, daily game of choice, but even it is starting to lose that special something.  I'm trying to find (or hoping that I don't, deep down inside) that next game that will waste all my time.
    But I'm glad to know it's like riding a bike.  I popped Halo 3 in for some odd reason the other day and got first place every time in a few games of Social Slayer.  Not bragging, just saying that it's all like instinct, and it's good ol' Halo no matter how long you're away.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Wow, that is a lot, coming from you, crunch. I never really got into Halo much myself but whenever I do play, I find it pretty fun. I guess I just have to have your OMEGA AWESOMEST Halo 3 multiplayer play time to find playing again boring. But, yeah, playing with Pie is probably always fun. "
    You are so right..........
    Also i beat crunchy in a 1vs1. You knew that was coming cruch.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK
    @Pie said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Wow, that is a lot, coming from you, crunch. I never really got into Halo much myself but whenever I do play, I find it pretty fun. I guess I just have to have your OMEGA AWESOMEST Halo 3 multiplayer play time to find playing again boring. But, yeah, playing with Pie is probably always fun. "
    You are so right..........Also i beat crunchy in a 1vs1. You knew that was coming cruch. "
    yeah i did. Those were fun games though. I like 1 vs 1s :D. Especially when the other MLG idiot cries his eyes out at losing
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By xplodedd

i felt the same at one point as well,  like everything id playw ould be uninteresting kinda, but multi team is still a blast.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fosssil

I know you said you hate it, but MLG isn't bad at all if you can find a group of cool people to play with. Searching for games by yourself in that playlist is a real crapshoot, as you're liable to get bad teammates who don't communicate or who quit out early if your team falls behind, but with a full party of 4 it can be a good time. I know I've been playing it more often since TO was retired, because MLG's CTF and Oddball gametypes are great IMO.

Really though, it sounds like you just need a complete break from the game. One game that I can't recommend enough, that I play frequently when I'm sick of Halo, is Shadowrun. The lead designer of the game was the lead designer for Halo:CE's multiplayer, and it's an insanely skillful game. The population is about as small as the population for the 360 version of TF2 but, just like TF2, there are more than enough people playing for you to find a quick match. It's only about $15 for a new copy, too.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK
    @Fosssil said:
    " I know you said you hate it, but MLG isn't bad at all if you can find a group of cool people to play with.  "
    Now you see, getting that team si a problem i seem to have :P
    gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By gormers

There are some months or weeks I get tired of it, but after playing a great match because a friend forced me to (or something like that), I starts wanting to play it again. I have around 1000xp in ranked and social, and around 400 custom matches btw.

So I think this is a temporarily thing for you. Halo firefight will satisfy you like crazy, since you have liked halo so much before.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson

Just have a break from it, you'll be back. I had the same thing a while back, played TF2 for a while, went back to Halo; loved it again. At the mo though, I'm addicted to The Sims 3. That game... is too good.

Also, I've played 4,387 games. So I'm a pretty big Halo player myself. It's by far my favourite FPS, or online game for that matter on any system.
    Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lowbrow

You will be happy to know that other games exist, across many platforms, as well as for the one you currently own, and more are confirmed in development.

Never fear.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Red

Alright, I have a question: what was your worst experience online?

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Hairydutchman

700 hours, jeez. No wonder you got bored.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

How could you play so much Halo???

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK
    @Red said:
    " Alright, I have a question: what was your worst experience online? "
    playing team SWAT
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " How could you play so much Halo??? "
    By enjoying it a lot. also, i know SWAT being my worst expericne sounds ridiculous but... it really is =S
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

impersive

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pweidman

Yeah I went through the same thing basically and stopped playing Halo.  Now I just jump in once in a while in BTB, or Squad for fun strictly.  Maybe it's time to experience something different.  RB6 V2??  L4D??  Battlefield: Bad Co. ????  All these three are still very busy and afford very good mp experiences....give one a shot......and remember it won't be very long for ODST and Forza 3 especially. :)

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spiredcrescent

My time with Halo 2 hindered the potential time i could have had with halo 3.  I felt i had done all that before.  I also came across a little game called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.  However, if shooting aliens is your thing i did enjoy my time with Resistance 2 which has awesome co-op

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crunchUK

Tee Hee my boredom didn't last long. ALready i am hitting up some BIG TEAM SOCIAL. The best pkaylist in the world.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pie
    @crunchUK said:
    " Tee Hee my boredom didn't last long. ALready i am hitting up some BIG TEAM SOCIAL. The best pkaylist in the world. "
    Thats right, lets fool all these ignorant people into thinking your bored! Is that right Crunch?
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By danielkempster

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!
    I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail

Holy shit.

I never thought this day would come.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crunchUK
    @Snail said:
    " Holy shit.I never thought this day would come. "
    thats why it didnt
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By natetodamax

Sounds like your brain came back.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " Sounds like your brain came back. "
    saYS the person who complained about having to do work in school
    minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By minotaka

Well im gonna congratulate you on the length of time you've been playing this..   i had at least 7/8 hours a day on halo 2 way back when (the tummy sure did show for it ) and i actually put halo 3 back into my mates brand spanking new 360 after his went tits up. Seeing the rankings go all afresh again and playing against nibblets who use their controllers manically like they on a Wii was very very very satisfying :p

Try a restart !!!

Just DONT go to MMO's !!!! You'll loose your soul!

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Zereta

Nope. Halo 3 has never become boring for me over the last 2 years. maybe its because I don't play a lot at one go. Its still my #1 game on the 360.

Rake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rake

get better, the game might be more fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.