Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

DLC Maps In Popular Games...They Need to Be Done Correctly.

master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 11

Edited By master_prophet

Alright, so here's my problem.  A week ago a friend of mine broke down and purchased the last Halo map pack that he was missing because over the course of the last few weeks, Halo 3's server's have switched over to require all dlc maps (the only exception of this being Social Slayer).  While this is great and all, the main problem that I have with this is: none of these maps that he just purchased are ever used.  We still get all the free maps we already have, or the ones on the disc.  But hardly ever do any of the mythic maps come up in a play list, unless you are playing "Team Mythic".  

I understand it's a thing with those that control the servers for these games.  I mean, you can't expect everyone to adapt and purchase the new content right away.  But still, these are maps that I want to play, yet I hardly ever play them. 

Now on the other end of this, we have Modern Warfare 2.  I love Call of Duty, don't get me wrong, but when I saw that Activision was going to start making gamers pay $15 dollars for new maps, i said no. I mean, it's not fair to up the price when you are getting two more maps that were in the previous game.  It's just not worth the price.  So, unlike Halo 3, I haven't bought the new Modern Warfare 2 maps.  Perhaps one day when they drop in price I will, but I don't see myself doing that any time soon.

I guess my thing is, does anyone here want to see these maps get used more and is it even possible for them to do that?  Or is it just going to become something of "blind luck" when playing these games in matchmaking, that you come across these maps?

master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By master_prophet

Alright, so here's my problem.  A week ago a friend of mine broke down and purchased the last Halo map pack that he was missing because over the course of the last few weeks, Halo 3's server's have switched over to require all dlc maps (the only exception of this being Social Slayer).  While this is great and all, the main problem that I have with this is: none of these maps that he just purchased are ever used.  We still get all the free maps we already have, or the ones on the disc.  But hardly ever do any of the mythic maps come up in a play list, unless you are playing "Team Mythic".  

I understand it's a thing with those that control the servers for these games.  I mean, you can't expect everyone to adapt and purchase the new content right away.  But still, these are maps that I want to play, yet I hardly ever play them. 

Now on the other end of this, we have Modern Warfare 2.  I love Call of Duty, don't get me wrong, but when I saw that Activision was going to start making gamers pay $15 dollars for new maps, i said no. I mean, it's not fair to up the price when you are getting two more maps that were in the previous game.  It's just not worth the price.  So, unlike Halo 3, I haven't bought the new Modern Warfare 2 maps.  Perhaps one day when they drop in price I will, but I don't see myself doing that any time soon.

I guess my thing is, does anyone here want to see these maps get used more and is it even possible for them to do that?  Or is it just going to become something of "blind luck" when playing these games in matchmaking, that you come across these maps?

Avatar image for rawrockkills777
    RawRockKills777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RawRockKills777

I mostly play Team Snipers and Swat and to be honest I've seen more mythic and legendary maps more than anything.  playing the social playlists you pretty much only get forge variants of Sandbox and the other DLC maps.  All the maps are in the matchmaking playlist.  But when there are currently more maps that are free or on disc, you have to expect the chances of getting those mythic maps are not as likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.