Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

I need advice on how to get the overkill achivement!

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By L4wz

On Halo 3 I play as an Elite and I am dying to get the commando helmet, and an order to do the I have to get the overkill achivement on a ranked free for all playlist, but exactly how do I get an overkill on Lone Wolves?
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Be good? Nah, in all seriousness if you're having trouble with the achievement wait until there's a high player count all vs. all ranked double exp weekend - You'll be able to earn your achievement easily in that. 

I just realised I've had this achievement for ages now:

Overkill
    Killed 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist.

Acquired 15/10/2007
    vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By vasta_narada

It's generally about being in the right place at the right time. I got mine when my three opponents were fighting in a low open section of Pit Stop. I happened to be on an area above, had an energy sword, and got really, really lucky.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

kill four people in quick succession.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

It's actually extremely hard, energy sword/shogtun + BR and a few well placed frags should do it though. Probably easiest on Epilogue where you have the extremely tight corners, drops down and at the same time extremely long lines of sight + grenade friendliness

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

If you get into a swords game it is pretty easy. Just go the center of the map and use the melee attack instead of lunging. You'll beat most low levels SO easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Spawn kill during a game of Grifball, which happens to be this weekend's featured playlist. 

It's a tough achievement, but not completely ridiculous.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Sir_Ragnarok: That wouldn't get you the Overkill achievement. The medal sure, not the achievement. 
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @Sir_Ragnarok: That wouldn't get you the Overkill achievement. The medal sure, not the achievement.  "
    Yup. It has to be in Lonewolves or another ranked free for all playlist.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Once you get good, it really should just be a matter of time. I know that's not too helpful, so I'll try to offer some tips. Grenades are a great way of killing a couple people at once. Usually when you got two people close together trying to shoot each other, you can just toss a grenade their way and take the pleasure of taking two of them. Or hey, if there's a crowd, maybe three or four. Doing that while being equipped with a one-hit-kill weapon like the rocket launcher, a sword, the hammer, or a sniper rifle can allow you to quickly add to the number. Sticking a dude with a plasma grenade can cause him to kill someone else when he explodes. Don't forget the effectiveness of assassinations, which can be done quickly and without using any ammo. Oh, also, I don't know if they do this in a ranked FFA playlist since I haven't played Halo 3 online in a long time, but if you get an opportunity to play SWAT, go for it. If you got good aim, that may be your best shot at getting the achievement.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

All I can say is how I got it. 

I got the achievment on the Halloween playlists back in 2007.  If you are a zombie in one of those playlists and run into a few dudes, you can cut them up easy.  I only mention this cause it's October again.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArchScabby

I think the best advice is probably don't even try.  Just play Lonewolves and you should get it eventually.  If you're actually trying to get an overkill it's almost impossible.  I get one every once in a while by just playing the game.  

Also King of the Hill is a good gametype for multiple kills.  Don't veto if a KOTH gametype comes up.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK
    @ArchScabby said:
    " I think the best advice is probably don't even try.  Just play Lonewolves and you should get it eventually.  If you're actually trying to get an overkill it's almost impossible.  I get one every once in a while by just playing the game.    Also King of the Hill is a good gametype for multiple kills.  Don't veto if a KOTH gametype comes up. "
    No. You could just end up getting to an extremely high level and then you are basically doomed forever. I'm a 45 in Lw, and there there is NO chance whatsoever of an overkill.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArchScabby
    @crunchUK said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    " I think the best advice is probably don't even try.  Just play Lonewolves and you should get it eventually.  If you're actually trying to get an overkill it's almost impossible.  I get one every once in a while by just playing the game.    Also King of the Hill is a good gametype for multiple kills.  Don't veto if a KOTH gametype comes up. "
    No. You could just end up getting to an extremely high level and then you are basically doomed forever. I'm a 45 in Lw, and there there is NO chance whatsoever of an overkill. "
    Well you're trying to kill all the people you see in lone wolves anyway, so how do you not focus on getting an overkill all the time just by playing?
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    No. You could just end up getting to an extremely high level and then you are basically doomed forever. I'm a 45 in Lw, and there there is NO chance whatsoever of an overkill. "
    Well you're trying to kill all the people you see in lone wolves anyway, so how do you not focus on getting an overkill all the time just by playing? "
    camping with shotgun/sniper will not get you overkill. Simple as that
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArchScabby
    @crunchUK said:

camping with shotgun/sniper will not get you overkill. Simple as that "

I don't know, that sounds like a pretty good way to get on overkill depending on the map.  Doing it on Guardian in the sniper tower I could see it getting you an overkill.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17  Edited By ImperiousRix

Don't do Lone Wolves.  Play a team playlist that uses a lot of strange gametypes.  I personally got mine on Action Sack while playing a game of Mayan Grifball.  I just swung a gravity hammer into a group of the other team and came up with the achievement.

It's mostly luck, but you can certainly put yourself in a better position to get it.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArchScabby
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "

Don't do Lone Wolves.  Play a team playlist that uses a lot of strange gametypes.  I personally got mine on Action Sack while playing a game of Mayan Grifball.  I just swung a gravity hammer into a group of the other team and came up with the achievement.

It's mostly luck, but you can certainly put yourself in a better position to get it.

"
    It has to be Lone Wolves.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @ImperiousRix said:
    "

"
    It has to be Lone Wolves. "
    Oh my, bad, I just read it more closesly (fucking stupid as I am) and realized it has to be ranked and free for all. 
    I have no idea how the hell I got it, in that case.  Maybe a game of Crazy King?  O.o
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @ImperiousRix said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    " @ImperiousRix said:
    "

"
    It has to be Lone Wolves. "
    Overkill
    Killed 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist.  I don't see it saying Lone Wolves on this. "
    It has to be in a ranked free for all playlist. Which means... no teams.
    Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you definitely have to get the overkill achievement in Lone Wolves. I got it on guardian with a shotgun, you really just have to play a lot of Lone Wolves and eventually you'll just get lucky as long as you aren't horrible at Halo. That's my advice to you.  

If you're really desperate, get a few friends together and go into your settings on your Xbox and change your language to something obscure. Then when you're in Match Making change you're preferences by pressing X in the lobby to same Language. Then you'll get matched up with you're friends and you can set it up so they let you kill them for the achievement. 

Good Luck.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By L4wz
    @Gorillawhat:
    Thanx!
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
    @Gorillawhat said:
    " I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you definitely have to get the overkill achievement in Lone Wolves.  "
    Could also be mythic brawl, but that playlist is so infested with tryhards and broken spawns/gametypes the pain of playing it really isnt worth the achievement
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By turbomonkey138

I really don't like multiplayer  achievements in game like this . It encoruges people to play differntly to how they noramlly would . Like on Gears of war 1

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " I really don't like multiplayer  achievements in game like this . It encoruges people to play differntly to how they noramlly would . Like on Gears of war 1 "
    hahaha The good old days of the first Gears. So many good memories... so many bad ones.
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thejamster

i did it by playing king of the hill on the pit and waiting till the hill was in sight of one of the mounted turrets and just fired at the people madly fighting for control

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By keyhunter

Set language to Italian.
    Search for games only with Italian speaking players.
    Ask them if they want to "speak Italian".
    Get points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.