Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Ok, when is bungie ACTUALLY going to end MC's story?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pibo47
    SPOILERS follow: 

Apperintly it isnt going to be this new recon thing....i would like some closure about the MC, but as we all know...HES JUST FLOATING TOWARDS A DAMN PLANET! AND WE DONT KNOW WTF IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Seriously? When is this ever going to end, i wish they would end MC then go on to the ODST stuff and all that awesomeness.

(Edited to add spoiler warning - please try to include them if you're posting spoilery stuff! - TheBeast)
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

There are some spoilers in this thread...

Anyway, I have no idea. Nor do I really care, Master Chief is a hollow and lifeless character.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MisterSpiffy

The Recon expansion is actually featuring an ODST character.  At least that's what I gathered.  I don't really care, anyways.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

When people stop buying the games featuring him, I would imagine. Also, what MisterSpiffy said.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush
    Megalon said:
    "When people stop buying the games featuring him, I would imagine. Also, what MisterSpiffy said."
    But then his end will reignite the series and everything will start from the beginning like a giant wheel.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK
    Kush said:
    "Megalon said:
    "When people stop buying the games featuring him, I would imagine. Also, what MisterSpiffy said."
    But then his end will reignite the series and everything will start from the beginning like a giant wheel."
    exactly:P also i reckon halo 4 will be a halo far cry type of thing as you crash land into the planet and have to face hostility and get a spacecraft and escape but on your way you find something extroardinary and malignant just like on halo 1 and finding the flood. quote me on this in 2012
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cube

MC sucks as a character, lay the dude to rest already.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pibo47

I never said he was a good character, but i would like them to finish the story for that dude, cause he kicks some major ass. Which means he deserves some closure.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Cube
    Pibo47 said:
    "I never said he was a good character, but i would like them to finish the story for that dude, cause he kicks some major ass. Which means he deserves some closure."
    They should just kill him off.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb said:
    "There are some spoilers in this thread...

Anyway, I have no idea. Nor do I really care, Master Chief is a hollow and lifeless character."
    Ditto.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pibo47

Spoilers? This game is a fuckng year old, if someone hasnt played this game yet, that is their fault.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Pibo47 said:
    "Spoilers? This game is a fuckng year old, if someone hasnt played this game yet, that is their fault."
    He's right. The only ending you would never, ever dare spoil is Half-Life. Because there is a difference from a bad story compared to a good story.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK
    Vinchenzo said:

"Pibo47 said:
    "Spoilers? This game is a fuckng year old, if someone hasnt played this game yet, that is their fault."
    He's right. The only ending you would never, ever dare spoil is Half-Life. Because there is a difference from a bad story compared to a good story."
    half life's glasses break at the end

*SPOLIERS*

also halos story is NOT bad - bad is quake 4, bad is crackdown. halo just get extra hate for being awesome
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo
    crunchUK said:
    "Vinchenzo said:

"Pibo47 said:
    He's right. The only ending you would never, ever dare spoil is Half-Life. Because there is a difference from a bad story compared to a good story."

*SPOLIERS*"
    You mean Gordan?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Snail
    Vinchenzo said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "Vinchenzo said:

"Pibo47 said:

*SPOLIERS*"
    You mean Gordan?"
    Half Life's glasses?! Thanks that made me lol.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Pibo47 said:

No, don't spoil games. Period. You seem to think that as long as you are aware of what happens, it doesn't matter who else doesn't. You just want to talk about it. Is it really so hard to say *SPOILER ALERT* and then make some space before you type?

Is it so hard to do?
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pibo47
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Pibo47 said:

No, don't spoil games. Period. You seem to think that as long as you are aware of what happens, it doesn't matter who else doesn't. You just want to talk about it. Is it really so hard to say *SPOILER ALERT* and then make some space before you type?

Is it so hard to do?"
    The spoiler period has LONG passed buy, if i was talking about Fallout 3 plot stuff, i would agree with you....but when a game is a bloody year old...you just going to have to deal with it.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Why end his story at all? Clearly they left it open in case they ever need to bring him back. Right now, they're showing that Halo can continue without Master Chief, but eventually he'll probably return.

Also, dude. A year isn't that long of a time. A spoiler alert would have been a good call. I mean, dude, what about the guys that are saving up to get a 360 so they can buy games like Halo 3?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

We'll probably get an end of the Master Chief story around the same time Resident Evil gets closure. Or, to be more precise, never.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crunchUK

meh i think with the colossal hype EVERYONE has played halo 3 who wanted to

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Levio91 said:
    "I bet there going to do a metroid thing and figure out mc is a she."
    Wow, do you have to keep being an idiot? HE TALKS IN THE GAMES. AND NO YOU ARE NOT FUNNY.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Levio91 said:
    Wow, do you have to keep being an idiot? HE TALKS IN THE GAMES. AND NO YOU ARE NOT FUNNY."
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Levio91 said:
    Wow, do you have to keep being an idiot? HE TALKS IN THE GAMES. AND NO YOU ARE NOT FUNNY."
    i have a fun game: go play halo 3 and change your spartan/elite's voiice to female. get splattered. the resulting squeal/wail is hilarious
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's a common criticism that the Master Chief is an empty character, but I was a big fan of the books when they were released, and even though I'm not really a proponent of the whole "expanded universe as canon" argument, I still feel a pseudo-attachment to the Master Chief.  And I'm not really positive why. 

I think it has something to do with how well Bungie hypes the Master Chief in the game (not the marketing).  Excepting Half-Life, no other First-Person shooter has convinced me so thoroughly that this dude is really the last bastion of hope for mankind, and I am pretty sure that is where I make the attachment to him.  I don't sympathize with him, I don't empathize with him, and that is purely because he does neither of those things either.  He is there to do a job, and Bungie, despite their storytelling woes, they can nail tone in a game like no other developer (again, excepting Valve). 

Personally, Halo seems like the video game equivalent of The Lord of the Rings, and they both go for that "the whole world is teetering on the brink of destruction; save us, Mr. Last Hope" style of presentation. 

There, you have my two cents.  Now, because of the economic fallout, I am officially broke.  Toodles.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Milkman
    Megalon said:
    Are you fucking for real? Excuse me if I'm wrong but are you trying to tell me that games featuring Master Chief don't sell well?
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman said:
    "Megalon said:
    Are you fucking for real? Excuse me if I'm wrong but are you trying to tell me that games featuring Master Chief don't sell well?"
    Dude, leave Megalon alone.  All he does is drill into the earth and get ordered by aliens (who look suspiciously like asians) to attack Godzilla.  He doesn't have the time to keep up with game sales. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.