Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Who still plays?

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By cjmabry

I just picked it up again and am gonna pick up ODST soon. Was looking for some peeps to play some custom games, fart around in forge, matchmaking, etc. Anybody still play?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I play every once in a while. It's hard to go back to, after having played Call of Duty so much in the last few months. Though, after watching the Xboxalypse, I've wanted to make a charge back into it.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cjmabry

I never really used to play anything but matchmaking, but when I did rarely play a custom game it was fun as heck.Really looking forward into doing it again sometime.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'll probably go back to it now that Halo 2 is gone forever. I gotta get it back from my cousin, though. I didn't have Xbox Live for almost a year, so I let him borrow it, and he still has it.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zyn

My sister plays Halo 3 a lot on my account.  I'm waiting for the Halo: Reach beta.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I still play, unfortunately the port-blocking at my university halls means I can't actually party up with anyone in-game here.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

I bought it, played about 45 minutes, got terribly bored and remembered what I didn't like about Halo and Halo 2.  I gave it a try, but geez, I just don't get it.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Zereta

*Raises Hand*

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cjmabry
    @oldschool said:

" I bought it, played about 45 minutes, got terribly bored and remembered what I didn't like about Halo and Halo 2.  I gave it a try, but geez, I just don't get it. "

Ya, I hear that a lot. Seems like it's a hit-or-miss kind of game. I personally like the feel of it - the low gravity, jumping everywhere, throwing grenades while jumping backwards 6 feet in the air. Just something satisfying about that haha. And it's different. Not like your typical FPS, a la COD, Battlefield (Although I love me some BF:BC2). Not to mention the level of replayability (spelling?) with forge, the theater, etc. Someone like me would never get bored lol. 

@Gamer_152
    said:
    "

I still play, unfortunately the port-blocking at my university halls means I can't actually party up with anyone in-game here.

"
    If your're pretty competent at networking, take a look at this. 
    http://www.debuntu.org/2006/04/08/22-ssh-and-port-forwarding-or-how-to-get-through-a-firewall  

I did a quick read through and it seems like that would work, but it's still a little out of my understanding. That;s on Linux though. It should work the sae for Windows. If I figure anything out I'll be sure to let you know.  

Hmm, I wonder if there's a good book on networking. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @cjmabry said:
    " @oldschool said:

" I bought it, played about 45 minutes, got terribly bored and remembered what I didn't like about Halo and Halo 2.  I gave it a try, but geez, I just don't get it. "

Ya, I hear that a lot. Seems like it's a hit-or-miss kind of game. I personally like the feel of it - the low gravity, jumping everywhere, throwing grenades while jumping backwards 6 feet in the air. Just something satisfying about that haha. And it's different. Not like your typical FPS, a la COD, Battlefield (Although I love me some BF:BC2). Not to mention the level of replayability (spelling?) with forge, the theater, etc. Someone like me would never get bored lol."
    To be completely fair, I am sure Halo are good games, but I don't like FPS as a rule, mainly because I get severe motion sickness if I play for very long.  3rd person perspective helps me a lot.  If the game is really good, I may persist, but from memory, only Bioshock has interested me enough to continue.  Halo did not engage me at all.
    ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProjektGill

I still play Halo whenever my friends get online. They are still pretty hardcore about it but I just like to sit back and crack jokes while they go crazy calling out locations. Funny how I manage to still keep up with them score wise.

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By benitobb

I was just thinking this because the numbers of GB users went up ever since Halo 2 shut down, and Halo 3 is always in the top 10 here.  I loved it until maybe a year ago, but not because anything replaced it, just friends getting married and the rest of us finishing up college, but I love how it's still an active online community, not like Gears of War 1 or 2.  people can hate all they want, but Halo 3 was and likely is still hella fun for quick competetive  online play.  It's likely the last of its kind, at least the last great one, since even Reach is going the persistant upgrade route of Modern Warfare and Bad Company 2.
    Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Dysnomia

I actually never really played Halo in the first place.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cjmabry
    @ProjektGill said:
    " I still play Halo whenever my friends get online. They are still pretty hardcore about it but I just like to sit back and crack jokes while they go crazy calling out locations. Funny how I manage to still keep up with them score wise. "
    Ha. I remember I played a tournament on this website cuz the guy needed a partner, and he spent like 5 minutes before the tourny started teaching me all the location names and what to do. Needless to say I played terrible, and we ended up losing cuz I got like 7 kills. Was one of the funnest moments I've ever had playing a videogame though because of all of the strategy that was involved that I had no idea about. It was chaotic, him yelling out locations and telling me what to do, me panicking and trying just not to do so he could get us the win.  

There's something satisfying about getting serious over a game and really stratagizing for the win, regardless of the outcome.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skytylz

Yah and I don't know why.  I've played like 1200 social games, 2500 ranked games, and 1300 custom games.  At about 15 mins. a game I've played around 1200hrs and I'm still playing a little.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Trilogy

I popped in halo 3 the other night after getting utterly destroyed in modern warfare 2. I was so sick of getting chain killed by killstreaks that I needed a change of pace. I jumped into a game of swat and went 20-9. Not bad for not playing in about a year. That's the great thing about halo for me...it's like riding a bike. I'm not trying to gloat or anything but I just find it funny that I can't seem to grasp not getting annihilated in MW2 but I can always go back to halo and do well.

jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By jos1ah

I just bought it again from Gamefly in prep for the Reach beta, and also cause I played the shit out of Halo 2 before it ended and I'm lookin to give halo 3 multi another run....It didn't have the same magic H2 did for me for some reason.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Sooperspy

Bought Odst yesterday. Kind of because of the Reach Beta, but I'm going through the campaign and love the multiplayer, so yeah, I do play

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thejamster

i play a couple times a week cause halo is the only game my bro will play with me

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sjupp

Now with all the Reach business going on I've played some this week. I'd love to see a custom-game bombing run set up.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By EVO

I finally bought a 360 the other day, so Halo 3 has been getting lots of playtime. I've been getting my ass handed to me, but it's nowhere near as frustrating as Call of Duty.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead

I was thinking of starting playing this properly now I've come to my senses and realise I hate MW2's online.

veronicaXnerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By veronicaXnerdd
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " I was thinking of starting playing this properly now I've come to my senses and realise I hate MW2's online. "
    *hug*
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By raviolisumo

Me and friends do constantly.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShaneDev

I started back at it what with all this reach info coming out and am doing OK at it.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RedneckedCrake

Yeah I play custom games whenever my buds come over. I also like to get on once in awhile and play but not really all that often anymore.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sitoxity

I've started really getting back into it, but that's mostly because of Halo: Reach coming out. I've got two achievements in the multiplayer sitting, waiting to be completed, but I doubt they ever will. Exterimation and Perfection? Pfft. I'm not that good.

ODST I put in a few times to play some Firefight, but I've got a lot to do in that as well, including Endure and the other Vidmaster. I have been in the very last wave to complete Endure 3 times now, and fail at the very last minute. It sucks.

I've been playing, uploading clips and rendering them this past week. It's a really nice system, great since I don't have a capture card or good enough computer (yet) and I can just upload a few small clips to YouTube.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Jackel2072

as a person who has played COD for oh i dont know? the last 3 or 4 years strait i started to get kind of sick of it. Im not jumping on the I hate MW2 bandwagon. i just needed a change. So i went back to Halo last week and am remembering why i played so much of that game back in the day. Its kind of like Quake for a new generation. Even you get what the games doing or you don’t. Im glad I came back to it and you know what? Action Sack is fucking awesome I love doge ball =)

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Azteck

I've played some today, and I'm having a blast. It really reminded me why I adore Halo like I do. It's just fun. It's a shame no one on my friends list play custom games for me to join.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Assholes ?   lol j/k 

Why the hell does Halo have its own quest? thats fuckin lame.

Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Defias

Not so much but as of late due to hype from reach I picked it up a few times.

xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xDARKxKnight

I picked up another copy of Halo 3 a couple of days ago, just so i can play now and again. Its nice to have a break from COD and BC2 etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every day.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By crunchUK
    @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " every day. "
    QFT. You think it gets boring, then you enter a completely different playlist like multi team or snipers and suddenly it isn't.
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunchUK said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " every day. "
    QFT. You think it gets boring, then you enter a completely different playlist like multi team or snipers and suddenly it isn't. "
    Yeah, every match is different and doesn't become repetitive, like other games where you always go to the same spot or do the same things every match.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crunchUK
    @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " every day. "
    QFT. You think it gets boring, then you enter a completely different playlist like multi team or snipers and suddenly it isn't. "
    Yeah, every match is different and doesn't become repetitive, like other games where you always go to the same spot or do the same things every match. "
    This is probably why halo 3 is so good. no 2 games of valhalla CTF are the same. Your enemies will always play differently, so will your teammates, and the game will change accordingly eveery time. And so will your play style.
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By WickedCobra03
    Well, ever since Halo 2 died, Halo 3 has been my go-to.  I don't really play on a daily basis but I play usually two to three times a week.
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By swamplord666

in terms of online I don't play halo 3. basically for games I go to first to last for online is Bad Company 2>Uncharted 2> TF2>Halo 3 at least at the moment...

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FacelessVixen

I'll start playing it again when I get ODST for the Reach beta and whatnot.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Joshakazam

Lots of people still play.

MystDragon3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MystDragon3k

I don't actively play, but if you send me an invite, Id come join you. GT is MystDragon3k

DraftDodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DraftDodger

I would if I still had it. My copy vanished months ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.