Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Are you done with the halo gameplay?

• 62 results
    GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoodKn1ght

Lets face it, Halo games always play like Halo and Halo 4 will probably be the same way. Yeah there are load outs now and the br is back but I bet that there will probably be rockets equidistance from the spawn points, if a symmetrical map there will be a sniper in both bases, the sword will still kill in one hit, the br will be a great weapon, etc. Things don't change drastically from one game to the next and I'm sure that 4 won't break that tradition. Each game feels different in some ways but usually it still plays very similarly, the question is is that still ok? Personally I love the way halo plays but I'm may be in the minority on this.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm actually excited for Halo 4. At least it's not a fucking modern military shooter.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

I love the way Halo plays, i feel it's better than all these other COD wannabes.

Also i like how the MP takes some skill to be good at it, seeing it takes more than just a couple bullets to kill someone you actually have to aim at them and stay on them.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By clstirens

@MariachiMacabre said:

I'm actually excited for Halo 4. At least it's not a fucking modern military shooter.

I'm moderately excited. However, I am not excited about unlockable abilities/perks, nor am I happy it's xbox only. Granted, I own an xbox, but I just canceled my Gold finally and have no plans to go back. I just Wish a more recent Halo would get a pc release, Halo 2 is dead :/

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By alternate

COD games always play the same and they sell millions every year.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By MayorFeedback

nope

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Yep let's make a Halo game in the main series that doesn't play like Halo, sounds great to me.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Dagbiker

I was never into halo, even when i was into FPS's.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NegativeCero

Nope, Reach is the only online game I'll throw in from time to time.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

For the time being, yes, but that's only because I don't have a free copy of the latest Halo game to blast through or whatever.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Halo plays super.

I never liked any other shooter's controls as much as I liked the Timesplitters/Halo controls and gameplay.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf

Halo 4 looks fantastic just from the small amount that has been shown. Halo 3 is one of my favorite multiplayer games while I found Reach to be slightly disappointing. Hopefully, Halo 4 will be awesome.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gargantuan

Halo is the best FPS series so no, I'm not done with the Halo gameplay.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Elazul

If you specifically mean the online multiplayer then yeah, but I was pretty much done with that after Halo 2. As for the campaign, I'm really looking forward to it. Halo's co-op has always been some of my favorite and the main thing that really sets it apart from a lot of other modern shooters, at least for me.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Halo is still great. There is nothing else like it on consoles, somehow it manages to feel fresh despite the fact it really shouldn't. Maybe that says more about the competition than Halo though.

If I wasn't done paying for Gold I would probably still play Reach.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ajamafalous

I have zero interest. Just like Reach, they're adding a bunch of shit that I can get elsewhere. I don't go to Halo for sprint and loadouts and perks. I go to Halo for a game where every player is on the same playing field and the game is about not dying/map control. There's a methodical pace to Halo 1-3. That's fine if you don't like it, but just accept that the game isn't for you and move on instead of trying to assimilate or "streamline" it to play just like every other modern military shooter.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hosstile17

Halo is my personal favorite game franchise. I couldn't be more excited for Halo 4.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShaneDev

I ain't tried of it and I love the way it plays, its just the stuff around it annoys me sometimes. Halo 3 is great but laggy as hell and filled with other annoyances. Halo Reach for me fixes every problem with Halo 3 but all the maps are sort of meh and Bungie did a real shitty job supporting it. Halo is still the game I go back to regularly and I will still enjoy playing it. I am more worried about the story stuff than the gameplay as silly as that seems since Halo (or any game really) isn't really know for having a deep story. I just think the story is going to be kinda pants to be honest. Every time any fictional series keeps introducing an even more powerful enemy than the last it's usually a sign that it's going down hill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

... No.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21  Edited By natetodamax

I'm looking forward to Halo 4. Halo: Reach was pretty fantastic.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gatehouse

Nope. I really liked the way Halo Reach played, but I'd like it to be smidge faster/physical. Kind of like they said in that docu-trailer.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arker101

I'm looking forwards to Halo 4, as long as they don't screw it up with perks, armor abilities were bad enough.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zombie2011

@ajamafalous said:

I have zero interest. Just like Reach, they're adding a bunch of shit that I can get elsewhere. I don't go to Halo for sprint and loadouts and perks. I go to Halo for a game where every player is on the same playing field and the game is about not dying/map control. There's a methodical pace to Halo 1-3. That's fine if you don't like it, but just accept that the game isn't for you and move on instead of trying to assimilate or "streamline" it to play just like every other modern military shooter.

Reach is still all about map control. The only thing they added is the option to sprint to the Rockets or Jet Pack there.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TopCat88

@ajamafalous said:

I completely agree. Halo should be Halo and let the modern military shooters do their thing. Don't go chasing another audience when you've got a huge one who likes things just the way they are.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By EuanDewar

Nope, Halo 3 is my favourite game of all time and I loved ODST and Reach. As long as they nail custom games and they treat the Chief character well I wont be disappointed. I adore that series. My experiences playing the Halo games multiplayer with friends are probably collectively my favourite experiences in these here videogame thinga-majigs.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Not at all, it adds a nice variety to a genre that is trying its damnedest to go as "realistic" as possible.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I really enjoyed Halo 3 a lot but some of the things like how it was near impossible to be victorious in a 2 vs 1 scenario was something that I didn't like. I thought the only way to play Reach is in FFA. With that in mind, I will probably be a sucker anyway and buy Halo 4 just because that's how I am.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Samaritan

Nope. It's a nice contrast to the super fast, quick-to-die pace of the CoD games. It's also one of the few games that still employs the idea of on-map weapons and power weapon control, which is refreshing in comparison to all of the shooters that you go into with whatever gun you want. Super excited for Halo 4; very much looking forward to what 343 does with it.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Winternet

I've never started it so . . . . yeah

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By MikkaQ

It feels weird to say that Halo games feel "old school' but they've gotta be the last major games to still have weapon spawn on maps and armor systems. It feels fast paced like Quake, but lives don't last 2 seconds like in COD. It feels like a good middle ground and if anything exists as a great alternative to your more typical military shooter.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Fosssil

@zombie2011: Dude, the addition of movement AAs (sprint, jetpack, to a smaller extent evade) in Reach ruined traditional map control.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Yanngc33

It would be nice if they could change certain parts of the gameplay such as being able to sprint without having to equip it

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pweidman

Not done, but burned out on it for sure. Granted, I love the franchise and have played all the games to death is a huge factor. 343 won't change much I'd guess and I'm excited to see what they've done for sure though.

Looks like they've upped the ante visually if that reveal video is to be trusted. The fact that they have a new engine alone is exciting. Also, the prospect of playing as the chief again is very cool, and if they expand on him in a more personal manner, like they say, it should add some depth to the next story. I guess overall, even considering my fatigue with the gameplay, I am down w/moving forward with 343's take on the series.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spartanlolz92

nope not tired of it.

and with a new story and enemies thatll mean stuff like new weapons and vehicles

and now that armor customization affects gameplay this will be interesting aswell. im cautiously optimistic

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By benspyda

Never been a huge fan of the Halo gameplay, so yes because technically I've always been. I've played 1, 3 and reach but even in co-op never really understood the appeal to the single player. And that style of arena combat in multiplayer has never been my thing. I was more a counter-strike guy so I moved on to COD and BF. Nothing against the games in general but not my cup of tea for sure.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spartanlolz92

@Arker101 said:

I'm looking forwards to Halo 4, as long as they don't screw it up with perks, armor abilities were bad enough.

that depends so long as they balance it right i dont see a problem.

and i think they know if they do something thats to much like cod they will alienate the critics and longtime fans.

im expecting alot of new weapons maybe some new gameplay elements new vehicles :D

and some customaztion that affects stuff in a slight way

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. I know Halo is more or less annualized, for technicality's sake, but I've never felt like I was being exploited. The games integral to the fiction aren't released year after year.

A three-year span sat between 1 and 2, and another gap of the same length presided between 2 and 3. And another between 3 and Reach.

Now, that's a pretty selective way to look at things. Halo Wars and ODST certainly pumped the franchise for some extra material, but I didn't feel either was a "need to play" exercise for the series (don't confuse that statement with a judgment of quality--I actually really loved ODST).

Call me weird, but past the first game Halo has never had an entry in the series I dumped a lot of time into. They are typically games I play once through for the narrative and then for a couple weekends with my pals as we check out the ranking system (of which I still maintain Halo 2's might've been my favorite). On that note I quite enjoy the continuity between the games, the way they've managed to make important changes without straddling the formula with too much extra mass.

So, no. I'm ready for Halo 4. I hope it's good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NTM

No, I still like the way Halo feels, when the original Halo came out, I didn't think much of it, when Halo 2 came out, I was originally disappointed in it, then in 2006, my opinion had changed on the whole series, and by the time ODST and Reach came out, it has managed to become one of my favorite sci-fi game series to date. The one thing I thought it needed, though not sure if I care so much now, was iron sights for guns that don't have scopes. A sprint that you can just use would be nice, it'd also be cool, though unthinkable at first, to put in a prone. That may be an awkward request, but still. Anyways, nope, I'm into Halo and excited for Halo 4, it's just a little hard to get more excited for it since there's little news on it. If we're talking about the way multiplayer plays, well then I just don't care.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kindgineer

Huh, I expected a metric-ton of flaming in this thread but I am surprised to see so many supporters for 343's Halo 4. Brings a tear to my eye GB!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccampb89 said:

Huh, I expected a metric-ton of flaming in this thread but I am surprised to see so many supporters for 343's Halo 4. Brings a tear to my eye GB!

Right?! It's kind of awesome to see Halo back in people's good graces.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By _Zombie_

Not so much the gameplay.. but the games themselves. Reach just seems like a great point to just stop and leave the series alone. I mean, I knew this was inevitable, but I just can't seem to get myself excited for another one.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DarkShaper

I played a ton of Halo 3 to the point that I skeped ODST and Reach but I am about ready for more Halo provided the campain is good.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By big_jon

If it is still of good quality, I will continue to play.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Arker101

@spartanlolz92 said:

@Arker101 said:

that depends so long as they balance it right i dont see a problem.

and i think they know if they do something thats to much like cod they will alienate the critics and longtime fans.

im expecting alot of new weapons maybe some new gameplay elements new vehicles :D

and some customaztion that affects stuff in a slight way

343 can change Halo 4 however they want to, but I will be sad if it goes the way of perks and unlockable weapons. Halos' gameplay just doesn't seem like it would be improved that way. Balance can always be adjusted nowadays with patches, so I'm not to worried about it.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FengShuiGod

I was finished with Halo after Halo 3. I was looking forward to getting back in with Halo 4, and though the details are vague, it seems like the series isn't going in a new direction with it's single player, even though they had the chance to. For now at least, I'm not on board.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was done with Halo after Halo 2.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By Brendan

Halo never seems that old to me, because the levels are just sandboxes that you can approach any way you want. Honestly, the amount of complaining people do about it (who are often the same people complaining about CoD) is weird to me since Halo is pretty old school in terms of its design philosophy. Not in the way it controls or anything, mind you, but in the freedom it gives you. I guess I've just never understood the hate for it, but that's mostly because people usually don't verbalize well why they don't like Halo games so much on forums. When you can do different stuff every time you approach a level I don't see how it can feel rehashed all the time to people. Maybe if they didn't play the game the same way every time they wouldn't feel bored, I don't know.

In short, I may not be ecstatic or anything at the prospect of a new Halo game, I'll probably have fun with it.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Never been a big fan but yeah, over it. Though Reach had a great soundtrack.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By ProfessorEss

Not if it plays as smoothly as the previous games.

I'm not a rabid fan of the franchise or fiction but I enjoy any game that plays as tight and polished as the Halo games to date have.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.