Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo 4's forge looks great!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EPE-7GyC1vE#!

No more plain green and grey maps all the time, I am pretty happy about some of the choices made here.

Also here is the Halo 4 Terminal prologue video! Now with 200% more Japanese sounding Elites!

Edit:

The Halo site seems to be down, so the second link may or may not work, first video too, click the link.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kermoosh

neither the youtube video nor the vid in the link worked, tough luck

Edit: i found this on youtube, didn't watch it (yet) but assumed that it applied here

Edit 2: well it didn't work for me either, oh well here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lOJ5lqXXtpU

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By FreakAche

Video doesn't work. Also, I hope they don't miss the opportunity to call it Halo 4ge.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316
    @FreakAche

Video doesn't work. Also, I hope they don't miss the opportunity to call it Halo 4ge.

: (
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By big_jon

The more I hear it the more I love the sound of the new Elites.

For those wondering about the new Covenant in Halo 4, the ones who are bad guys again.

Their leader is apparently Jul 'Mdama, an Elite ship master in Halo Glasslands and The Thursday war novels, he was against the Arbiter, and his support of humanity, so he aligned himself with some religious zealots on Sangheilios to help aid him, not being as crazy as them but still wanting to stop the arbiter no less. He was captured in Glasslands by humans, when they capture him in order to try and make him speak they threaten to tell Sangheilios that he surrendered, this is a very bad thing in Elite culture. This next part is partially speculation it sounds like the humans either told the Sangheilios government that Jul was conspiring against the Arbiter, or told them he had surrendered. One way or another his wife and family were killed because of this, at the hands of the humans and their big mouths, he eventually escapes and reunites a fleet, and is not so fond of the humans, wanting to exact revenge hopping the Didact will aid him.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

Looks great but I'll end up using Forge just as much as I did in Halo 3 anf Reach...which was never.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NegativeCero

you have officially become my source of Halo news/videos, whether intentionally or not.

I never really messed around with Forge in the past because I honestly don't have the patience to make a map that is worth playing on. Have they ever allowed Forge maps to be taken online? I want to say they haven't done this at all, which would've made me not want to spend much time on them also.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By big_jon

@NegativeCero said:

you have officially become my source of Halo news/videos, whether intentionally or not.

I never really messed around with Forge in the past because I honestly don't have the patience to make a map that is worth playing on. Have they ever allowed Forge maps to be taken online? I want to say they haven't done this at all, which would've made me not want to spend much time on them also.

Haha, glad I could be of service. :D

Usually about half way into the games life span they start allowing forge maps into certain playlist, so really this benefits all the fans, weather they make maps or not.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DharmaBum

@big_jon said:

No more plain green and grey maps all the time

This!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343

Wait. Halo 4rge? I'll see myself out...

(Also, it looks spectacular)

SushiNao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SushiNao

Can't wait for this. It may be the very first thing I jump into as soon as I put the game in... I'll definitely make one map for each of the 3 forge palettes, then go from there. 5 or 6 fully perfected maps will be my goal for the life of Halo 4.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac

It's a shame that I don't create stuff in forge. :(

SushiNao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SushiNao

I've watched the video showing all three maps, and I have to say that while I'm excited to build in these environments... I have no desire to build on this terrain. I understand that it's difficult to create map flow and distinct areas from nothing, and they want to give people a place to start... but goddamn it, I don't need a starting point, I just need good pieces.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By big_jon

@SushiNao said:

I've watched the video showing all three maps, and I have to say that while I'm excited to build in these environments... I have no desire to build on this terrain. I understand that it's difficult to create map flow and distinct areas from nothing, and they want to give people a place to start... but goddamn it, I don't need a starting point, I just need good pieces.

And that is why you can build maps that hover above the terrain, and why there are literally large flat rooms to build in. What more do you want?

SushiNao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SushiNao

@big_jon said:

@SushiNao said:

And that is why you can build maps that hover above the terrain, and why there are literally large flat rooms to build in. What more do you want?

I feel like every map I've made in Reach has had to hover above the ground, as I haven't been able to find a natural place that worked with what I envision. While I see what you're saying and am aware that I may have sounded hyperbolic, I really just want an artificially flat, contained area that has interesting and eye-catching surroundings. I appreciate having the Grifball arena for enclosed maps, but it's not exactly a thrilling setting, and I'll be forced to use 'gadget' budget to place lights, etc. to make more effective visual landmarks. I understand why we can't have terrain deformation, and that's fine, but flat areas with block as well as terrain pieces - Rolling Hill 1, 2, 3 kind of thing - is perfectly feasible in this engine, and would allow a great deal more customization.

Don't get me wrong, I'm amped for it, but I'm going to be spending a fuuuuck of a lot of hours in Forge, and want to love what I'm working with, not working around constraints. However, I'll happily reserve judgment until I get to fly around, and see exactly what pieces I have to work with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.