Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

It's already happened...

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight

That phenomena when you pick up a new multiplayer game and the first few days, or even a week go by where people are still figuring out the game and having fun. People who haven't dedicated their lives to mastering multiplayer shooters still stand a chance against grizzled veterans. Well that seems to have gone the way of the DoDo bird for me. Upon hitting level 19-20, all lighthearted fun ceased and i joined the ranks of the hardcore death dealers of the Halo world. Anyone else still getting games with people who are relatively new and can't headshot you from 100m away whilst falling through the air and sipping a mountain dew?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Been playing a lot and I haven't encountered this problem yet.

You might just be unlucky with the random groups.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Well the skill set required to dominate at Halo has been basically unchanged for over 10 years now, so of course that's going to happen.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Syndrom

i've never really got into the mp of halo that much before 4, but i've been doing relatively good at the game, i'm only at SR15 but still. And yeah, it's still halo, so all those people who are really good at it still are. As long as it's still fun and so far it all is, unlike other shooters where i get killed in a really stupid way. Here i have a feeling i always know what's going on and if i'm gonna pull out on top in a firefight.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By fobwashed

Is there some kind of level cap? I remember last I used to play halo, even playing after a lot of time had passed, I'd still get matched with people near my skill level. Or at least, the mix in teams would be similar even if there were better players on both teams.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Hit them from 101m away first?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

NACHO CHEEEEEEEESE

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

@OldManLight said:

sipping a mountain dew

There's your problem. Drink or die.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RAMBO604

After I hit 20 I noticed a sheer cliff of a skill spike. Havn't even played with anyone under 20 in about 15-20 matches. Up until that point I was regularly doing great and now I'm having horrendous matches. Still remaining fun but in the last days of Reach I felt at the top of my game and I don't feel like Halo 4 has changed enough at a basic level to change that.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OldManLight

the aiming feels slightly looser with 4 than reach. i don't know if it's less aim assist or faster character movement or what but something feels different.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Slightly unrelated, but it sounds like there's a "double-shot" exploit making the rounds. If you're familiar with Halo 2's BXR tactic, then you'll know how lopsided this sort of workaround can make the multiplayer experience.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheHumanDove

You cant escape the dew

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.