Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

XP Limit

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So I have been reading about this game and from what I've heard people are already hitting the XP cap. People are saying after rank 24 that's it. Anyone able to confirm this? If this is true then that is a pretty big bummer. I love leveling up in multiplayer games. It feels like an incentive to keep playing. How do you guys feel? Does having a leveling system matter to you at all?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

So after reading more into this, which maybe I should have in the first place, the ranks continue on from there it is just a temporary XP limit you reach or something. Anyways still curious to know if you guys care at all about ranking up in your multiplayer games or not.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

Played an hr or so of the mp last night and the rewards for every match, won or lost, were coming fast and furious. Kinda weird for a Halo game, but I like it. Lot's of customization stuff it seemed(didn't really check though), so that makes it fun and gives extra motivation to continue lvling. I love arpgs though and any game where you lvl, and gain gear and customization options as you progress, is video game crack to me, lol.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi
    @laserbolts Its a daily limit. I have a guy on my friends list that works for a local paper reviewing games. He's had the game for weeks and he is lvl 42. People are saying 24 because that was the cap for one day it resets every day.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Scullinator

Anyone else doing the double XP thing with Mt. Dew and Doritos? You can bank a total of 200 double xp matches. Im bored at work a lot lately and have nothing better to do than drink Mt. Dew and log in the codes.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MideonNViscera

The daily cap never bothered me in Reach because I only ever hit it once. Don't see myself having time to hit it in this game either. What was really shitty in reach was being stuck at that one rank for months before they let us level more.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OldManLight

i don't understand why there's a level cap at all. If people want to ruin the progression for themselves, let them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.