Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Yo dawgs, we got leaked Halo 4 shots, and the Elites look sick!

• 112 results
    Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Humanoid

This looks like Halo Reach. Well, like Halo Reach with minimal updates. Isn't this the start of a whole new trilogy?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By august

I AM SO ANGRY BECAUSE THIS GAME IS EITHER TOO MUCH OR NOT ENOUGH LIKE THE OLD GAMES

GRRRRR

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By big_jon

@ez123: Yeah, I am a bit worried about that.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#54  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It looks like Halo.... surprise? Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what you people were expecting, especially after that first look video. I've been done with Halo for a while (If it still takes an entire assault rifle clip to take someone down I'm still out), so I'm more interested in how this will live up to the admittedly high standards set by Bungie than actually playing it.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I dunno, I'm pretty much done with the Halo series. Reach really fell flat for me, with characters dropping like flies so quickly that they were never established properly for me to care about them, a disappointing campaign with only one new section to it, the space battle, which was awesome, but shortlived, along with the complete lack of urgency in the story despite being where the Halo story 'all began'. On top of all of that, the MP content was sparse map-wise, the addition of one new mode, Invasion, wasn't what it was meant to be, an apparent dynamic MP game type where new missions were assigned depending on how the game went for either side...the saving grace of this game was the Firefight mode, which was brilliant.

I think the series needs to take a lot of creative risks if it's ever going to stack up with, and overtake, CoD. CoD can get away with copy/pasting elements because it's all about the MP, nothing really needs to be done with the shooting, but in Halo, there was a great story to go along with the excellent MP, while the control scheme has constantly been changed, so much so that they added bloom effects to the guns in Reach. Taking bigger jumps with the elements within the story missions, for example, the Hornet battle against the Scarabs on the Arc out of Halo 3, one of the best moments in the series by far, could be incorporated into a more dynamic Firefight mode. Even the space battle from Reach in the MP would be interesting and fresh.

Though MS will never learn, but they need to take bigger risks and actually push this game, I believe their only exclusive this year, correct me if I'm wrong (no, Kinect games do not count), into new, uncharted and more exciting territory, and give the players, both old and new, something new to experience. Otherwise Halo is dead as a series, all because of this stupid idea that every FPS needs to be more like CoD. Look at Borderlands, Deus Ex: HR...technically a FPRPG, not my favourite example, but it is what it is. I mean, it can be done, people seem to want change...I doubt I'll be picking this one up, as I've said, I'm pretty much done with the series, but it is a pity that it will probably stagnate to the point of no return, at which point, MS will attempt to reboot it, and nobody will care. 343 seem to want to do the series justice...I don't think they can with MS holding the leash though...I'll wait and see, but I have a feeling this is going to be more of the same, and it won't be in the game's favour.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Vinny_Says

@allgrinzz said:

Sad as it is.. I'm 31 and excited for a halo game. I'm pretty into the books and overall story though so I can't wait to see where this goes and what's going to happen... New people with the series, Chief is back, shooting more elites in the mandibles, I'm happy... Borderlands 2, halo 4, hopefully that'll pan out the rest of the year in happy happy game time.

How is being a 31 year old fan of Halo any different than a 45 year old fan of Star Wars?

I'm going to withhold judgment until more than a few pages in a magazine are released, in the meantime can someone explain how Cortana can age?

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By Zippedbinders

@PokeIkzai said:

@Bucketdeth said:

As a PS3 owner, Halo is probably the one series I am jealous of.

I feel this way too. I really wish I could play it. I loved Halo 1 and had fond memories of the multiplayer of Halo 2. I played and beat 3 at a friends house it was OK. I really want to play Reach and ODST. (I know a lot of people don't really care for ODST but everything I've seen about it seems to like click with me.)

As someone who's played all 5 of the Bungie Halo games, ODST is by far my favorite. ODST might as well be "Halo for people who don't want to play Halo". It has a great story mode with a relaxed sense of pacing. A fantastic and somber soundtrack, and the most fleshed out characters in any of the games.

Actually, its kind of the Majora's Mask of Halo.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By big_jon

@Vinny_Says: I think it is to represent her being solitary for four years, she is an AI, and in Halo AI's have about a 7 year life span, this will play a huge role in the drama in the game, her looking a bit aged makes it hit home more I guess.

Also, check the link I put, it has HD scans so you can read all the info too,

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By august
    @MB said:

Is there anyone older than...let's say, 27...that even cares about Halo?

You could make the same snide remark about video games in general. I'm unclear what age has to do with anything in this case.
    Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Humanoid

@Vinny_Says said:

@allgrinzz said:

Sad as it is.. I'm 31 and excited for a halo game. I'm pretty into the books and overall story though so I can't wait to see where this goes and what's going to happen... New people with the series, Chief is back, shooting more elites in the mandibles, I'm happy... Borderlands 2, halo 4, hopefully that'll pan out the rest of the year in happy happy game time.

How is being a 31 year old fan of Halo any different than a 45 year old fan of Star Wars?

I'm going to withhold judgment until more than a few pages in a magazine are released, in the meantime can someone explain how Cortana can age?

Oh yeah, forgot to ask that myself. How can Cortana age?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By big_jon

@Humanoid said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@allgrinzz said:

I'll repost.

I think it is to represent her being solitary for four years, she is an AI, and in Halo AI's have about a 7 year life span they also chose their own look, this will play a huge role in the drama in the game, her looking a bit aged makes it hit home more I guess.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By SSValis

Reach is a great game

I do feel like the engine is getting a tad old though

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By mike

@august said:

@MB said:

You could make the same snide remark about video games in general. I'm unclear what age has to do with anything in this case.

I wasn't trying to be snide at all, I'm serious. It has always seemed to me that Halo appeals to a certain demographic of gamers...notably those that were in their early to late teens when either Halo or Halo 2 came out. I enjoyed playing those games co-op, but the online never hooked me and I don't consider myself a "fan" of the franchise. All of my friends who are in their early 30's like me are in the same boat - not one of them who plays games is into Halo as much as the younger generation of people seems to be.

I had just graduated college when Halo: CE came out and didn't play it until long after release. Same with Halo 2...I never owned an Xbox and didn't play it until my much younger brother and I did co-op over the holidays one year.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By ez123

@MB said:

All of my friends who are in their early 30's like me are in the same boat - not one of them who plays games is into Halo as much as the younger generation of people seems to be.

Useless post backed up by useless anecdotal evidence. Why are you in this thread?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#65  Edited By mike

@ez123 said:

@MB said:

All of my friends who are in their early 30's like me are in the same boat - not one of them who plays games is into Halo as much as the younger generation of people seems to be.

Useless post backed up by useless anecdotal evidence. Why are you in this thread?

Easy there, killer. It's an observation - why are you taking it personally?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By jakob187

@MB said:

Me.

Personally, I'm stoked about Halo 4.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ez123

@MB said:

@ez123 said:

@MB said:

Easy there, killer. It's an observation - why are you taking it personally?

I called your posts useless, didn't make anything personally. I'm 20 so you're not hurting me or anything, your observations are just pointless in this thread about Halo 4 info.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By pweidman

Tons of peeps on my FL love Halo(all the games)and their ages range from 20's to 50's. There should be no age stereotype(not that anyone meant to assert one). Halo is just good fun, and the mp is especially addicting and inspires and engages the competitve urge even in older gamers.

As for Halo 4, I doubt 343 will push the gameplay or canon too much, but it's still new fiction, and it's the MC, and it looks fucking amazing in the screens I've seen, and it's built on a NEW engine. Master Chief has never looked anywhere near this good. Gotta play this. It's been a nice respite for me, and I'm ready for more Halo. That weekly co-op business sounds great too.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pinworm45

I liked Halo for the story (I know many people like to act like halo has a stupid story that is either non-existent, or made for children - but I disagree). It was well crafted and dealt with a lot of themes not seen in many other games, particularly with Religion, Crusades, and politics with the Covenant. At least, this was the case for the first two games. Then Halo 3 was just the most average, typical thing I've ever seen. Halo ODST was a joke, and Halo Reach.. What was the story again? Oh yeah, a planet gets attacked. Wooptyshit.

Halo 4 is going to have to be interesting story wise if it wants to grab my attention, although considering I seem to be one of three people that actually enjoyed the fiction, I guess I'm not really their target.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By Vonocourt

Welp, guess everyone was right when they said the competitive multiplayer's story was going to be "training," spec-ops sounds cool though.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#71  Edited By Phatmac

Really? Why the fuck are the covenant back? I'm a halo fan, but come on guys be more creative.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By big_jon

@Phatmac said:

Really? Why the fuck are the covenant back? I'm a halo fan, but come on guys be more creative.

Why wouldn't they be? It would be pretty lame if they were not there in some capacity, I for one would be much less interested in the game if it didn't have the Covenant in it at all. They are not the primary enemies here, they will play the role of a crutch, and the fact that they are likely not from the main Covenant fleet, they are pirates or something of the sorts makes it more interesting.

@pweidman:

The game is built off the Reach engine, which is built off all the past game engines.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Skald

This, uh, looks like a very safe sequel. However, I played the shit out of Halo 3, so I'll give this game the benefit of the doubt.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joining in progress, instant respawns, perks, ubiquitous progression system, loadouts, random weapon drops, and sprint/jetpacks/all that other crap is back.

343 I am extremely disappointed in you so far.

@MB said:

Yes, but not if 343 screw it up.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By fjordson

Looks pretty cool. Really hope 343 can deliver.

Though I just turned 28 in January, so I guess I'm too old for Halo =[

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By OmegaPirate

That certainly looks like another halo game

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By NathHaw

Aging Cortana is too old for high fashion modeling.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78  Edited By Phatmac

@big_jon: Maybe cause their arch was done with in Halo 3? They did finish the fight so I would have preferred them to be out of the next game or at least be on the sidelines and not another enemy. Seems like 343 is grasping for straws since Halo 3 ended so well. If it's just more Halo then I'll be disappointed. 343 has a great chance to evolve the series and make it more relevant again.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By big_jon

@Phatmac: I don't think that Halo is irrelevant in the least, it is still one of the largest games out there.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Humanoid

@big_jon said:

@Humanoid said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@allgrinzz said:

I'll repost.

I think it is to represent her being solitary for four years, she is an AI, and in Halo AI's have about a 7 year life span they also chose their own look, this will play a huge role in the drama in the game, her looking a bit aged makes it hit home more I guess.

That's such a strange feature for an AI.

1momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By 1momosauky

@kermoosh said:

looks cool, but wasn't halo 3 supposed to be, and I quote from the master chief, "Finish this fight"

i'm a big halo fan or was, died down with reach. probably won't be picking this up

This guy has no idea how the industry works.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By big_jon

@Humanoid said:

@big_jon said:

@Humanoid said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@allgrinzz said:

I'll repost.

That's such a strange feature for an AI.

Their life span is a a product of thier intelligence, eventually AI's reach a state called rampancy, as the learn too much and develop a sort of God complex as they try to process too much information. Their choice of physical avatar varies greatly from AI to AI, there have been AI's who chose to be modelled after historical figures, a snowflake, or even a small dull box. Their forms represent their personalities, or something that reflects their traits, in Cortana's case she is modelled after her mother, Dr. Halsey, she takes a younger form of her,

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By FreakAche

Yep, that sounds like Halo. I'll probably buy it as long as it has a good Forge mode.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84  Edited By BoG

Does anyone else not like the Halo 4 artwork? It seems more generic than the art of the previous games.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ShaneDev

Some of the multiplayer stuff sounds quite good and Spartan Ops sounds very cool. They are and aren't taking a risk by making Call of Halo though. It's not really what I wanted but it sounds alright. The random spawning power weapons sounds very stupid and easily the most mass market pandering thing in there.

I hope the story stuff isn't crap although I have a feeling it will be. Still really disappointed they called it Halo 4 and have the Chief coming back. Why not make a new series about the crew of the Infinity? It sort of feels like a waste to get such talented people together at 343 just to make another Halo game. But at the same time if thats what they want to do they may as well make a really good one.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By big_jon

@BoG said:

Does anyone else not like the Halo 4 artwork? It seems more generic than the art of the previous games.

I am kind of half and half toward it, it seems to have too much Japanese influence to me.

I liked where Reach took the art style.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Blacklightning13

@kermoosh said:

looks cool, but wasn't halo 3 supposed to be, and I quote from the master chief, "Finish this fight"

Yeah but there's a new enemy.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Blacklightning13

@big_jon said:

@BoG said:

I am kind of half and half toward it, it seems to have too much Japanese influence to me.

I liked where Reach took the art style.

Really? I much preferred Halo 3 artwork. Halo:Reach has better graphics but the entire style is weird. The Halo 3 artwork I feel is much better. But of course it's all preference.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Choffy

@MideonNViscera said:

@TheHBK said:

@Zacagawea said:

and pretty much this:

@MideonNViscera said:

Why the fuck is jetpack and all that bullshit coming back? So fucking disappointing.

I would say because some people, myself included, liked it. I don't get why people react so strongly toward changes in the game when the obvious solution is to go back and play Halo 3. I mean, that is the multiplayer game you want. Not like you can't play it.

Yeah, it is like I can't play it. There's like 100 people in Team Slayer and it takes people from across the planet to populate a match.

Actually you're wrong. I re-bought ODST for the Halo 3 multiplayer disc, and last night there were over 5,000 people playing Social Slayer, and 25,000+ online overall. The game isn't dead.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By kermoosh

@WinterSnowblind said:

@kermoosh said:

i'm a big halo fan or was, died down with reach. probably won't be picking this up

It did finish the fight, it completely ended that story. They never said it would be the absolute end of the series though and it obviously was never going to be.

I agree though, I've been a big fan of the series, but for me, it ended with the third game. Reach served as a nice prequel, but I just don't care to see more Halo now. I might have been excited if they'd waited a few more years and brought it back with the new Xbox.

yea i agree, although i didn't purchase ODST i did play it. and if they waited until now to release the next halo game after 3 i would have gotten it, but i guess i just have halo fatigue where the jet packs and armor abilities could not fill the void. i definitely want to play the campaign still but just aren't willing to pay full price

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By kermoosh

@1momosauky said:

@kermoosh said:

This guy has no idea how the industry works.

well yea i understand they want to milk the franchise or just make more games, make money obviously, which is why they left that cutscene at the end of halo 3, then released odst and reach. i'm just mearly pointing out the contradiction that was directed at the end of halo 2 (eg: finish fight)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @SuperSambo said:

@Jaytow said:

Looks like Halo.

^^

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kermoosh

@Blacklightning13 said:

@kermoosh said:

Yeah but there's a new enemy.

did they say what the enemy was? was it in the books or something?

that is interesting i admit but i didn't really care for the brutes as a new enemy, elites were always cooler

Tenroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Tenroe

PLEASE NO MORE COVENANT :(. Was hoping for this series to go in a completely different direction.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By laserbolts

I thought halo 3 was supposed to be the end of the fight. This looks like more boring covenant. Not for me at all.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Choffy said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@TheHBK said:

@Zacagawea said:

and pretty much this:

@MideonNViscera said:

Why the fuck is jetpack and all that bullshit coming back? So fucking disappointing.

I would say because some people, myself included, liked it. I don't get why people react so strongly toward changes in the game when the obvious solution is to go back and play Halo 3. I mean, that is the multiplayer game you want. Not like you can't play it.

Yeah, it is like I can't play it. There's like 100 people in Team Slayer and it takes people from across the planet to populate a match.

Actually you're wrong. I re-bought ODST for the Halo 3 multiplayer disc, and last night there were over 5,000 people playing Social Slayer, and 25,000+ online overall. The game isn't dead.

Where did I mention Social Slayer? My point is it takes forever to find a match, and plays badly. Your fluke experience really doesn't matter.

Kenshinfan818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Kenshinfan818

This if anything has just gotten me really pumped for the game the premise of new enemies sounds awesome. I am a little halo bias'd though haha.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By big_jon

@MideonNViscera said:

@Choffy said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@TheHBK said:

@Zacagawea said:

and pretty much this:

@MideonNViscera said:

Where did I mention Social Slayer? My point is it takes forever to find a match, and plays badly. Your fluke experience really doesn't matter.

Halo has some of the strongest matchmaking and netcode out there, so I feel your point is kind of in valid...

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By theveej

@august said:

I AM SO ANGRY BECAUSE THIS GAME IS EITHER TOO MUCH OR NOT ENOUGH LIKE THE OLD GAMES GRRRRR

LOL that pretty much sums up all of the negative posts here. Too good.

I am super pumped about this game@TheHBK: I agree about the graphic, the other games lacked that graphic oomph that the first games had. This one looks pretty good to me.

Also I thought reach was an outstanding game, these changes seem to be the logical extension of Reach. As long as the SP is good, I am not too worried about the MP, it will probably be good regardless.

Hey I know its the hipster thing to diss halo games, but god damn I love them (halo 3 I thought was the worse). As long as I know they are changing some stuff about this game, such as new enemies (I still want to fight elites and grunts for sure but some newer enemies are needed), graphics, guns, mp twicks and new abilities; I'm totally down.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Choffy

@MideonNViscera said:

@Choffy said:

@MideonNViscera said:

@TheHBK said:

@Zacagawea said:

and pretty much this:

@MideonNViscera said:

You see, it really isn't a fluke experience. I've been playing a lot the last few weeks and it never takes more than 2 or 3 minutes to find a match, even with a Moderate NAT. If you really want to play Halo 3, then play it, rather than just tell people who are playing it that their experience of having a lot of fun and not many problems "really doesn't matter." It does matter and the community is still alive, even if it is a shadow of its former self.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.