Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

Halo 5 Multiplayer.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So halo 5 will have multilayer... Obviously.

My question is, will it be added to Halo Master Chief Collection? Because, I would hate having to play the master chief collection then after a year every one switches over to Halo 5.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Definitely not. They're going to want to push as many copies of Halo 5 as possible, for one, so they have no business reasons to add their new multiplayer to an older game. Second, Halo MCC is going to be running the multiplayer of each of those games individually, on their own engine, so it would be nothing short of a herculean task to patch in an entirely new engine to an already-existing retail game and have it work properly.

On the bright side, since Halo MCC is going to be running multiplayer for all of those games, you won't find any shortage of players for a long time to come. Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer will be pretty heavily populated for as long as those servers are up.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't for the beta in December. 7 maps, 60 fps.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: Will all the 4 games online be connected, or do I have to select each games multilayer separately?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

I really doubt it.

Doesn't make business sense to develop a new game but add it to an old one that you could, technically, go back and buy cheaper.

The Master Chief collection seems more focused on letting players enjoy old Halo in between now and the next Halo's release. If you're worried the multiplayer will dry up maybe make sure a few friends buy the game too at some point. That way you'll always have a small posse of people to play the game with.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They said they have been floating around the idea of integrating Halo 5 into the MCC menu, that would req a digital copy of MCC and H5 though.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I remember them allowing the Halo: Anniversary disc to play with Reach, but I may be misremembering.

It's interesting to see if they'd add it to the MCC playlists. Or if the install for MCC would allow you to boot the old games through Halo 5 eventually. There are a lot of interesting opportunities to keep an active community by giving you an absurd amount of options. The only downside is people avoiding 5 MP to stick with the old ones, unless Guardians is really, really good.

I'd love a single menu to play any Halo I want (well, aside from kick-ass Reach). It'd keep me playing for years, to be honest.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By nickhead

I know I'll buy Halo 5, and check out the multiplayer, but I wouldn't be surprised if I still play Halo 2 on the MCC more.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@the_nubster: Will all the 4 games online be connected, or do I have to select each games multilayer separately?

I'm not 100% sure about that. I believe it's been said that all 4 games have online multiplayer. There will probably be playlists for each game, as well as the option to play maps from across all 4 games.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well people add me up on Xbox. Cause I cannot wait to play! plkts

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Ughh, I can't wait for Halo 2 multiplayer again. I will be playing that even when Halo 5 comes out. STILL the best multiplayer in the franchise.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

Ughh, I can't wait for Halo 2 multiplayer again. I will be playing that even when Halo 5 comes out. STILL the best multiplayer in the franchise.

I disagree so, so much, but don't feel like getting into the multitude of reasons why. I suppose it all started when I beat everyone in Halo 1 multiplayer at the 2 midnight launch, but the final was in Halo 2 and I got destroyed by a ghost in Zanzibar. Bitter feeling ever since.

3 and Reach were my personal favorites.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

@csl316: To each their own dude! I would really dig hearing your opinion though!

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am happy. I didn't have the first xbox so this is my first time to truly play halo 2 online. Man I am stoked.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People be having Halo 2 goggles on, :P. It was the shit in it's day, no doubt, but I thought Halo 3's mp was a big improvement in every way over 2. Anyway the MCC will definitely be a walk down memory lane for me. Probably looking forward to the Halo 5 mp beta the most though.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

has anyone verified the warthog physics in MCC multi yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.