Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

#HunttheTruth - Halo 5

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

A few days ago, a countdown was announced on tumbler, relating to the upcoming Halo in one way or the other.

Today, the contents of the countdown was unveiled. Apparently, and this all happens within the lore, a reporter, Benjamin Giraud, has been tasked to find out the story of the master chief.

There is a small teaser video with a couple of hints, as well as an audio recording of Benjamin, which will continue every week on sunday.

#HunttheTruth

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It kind of made me think it's trying to be a fictional version of Serial. "Next time: We hear the Arbiter's side of the story, My producer and I retrace Spartan 117's alleged route the mission logs said he took in New Mombasa, and What's with the Nisha call? That's next time on #HuntTheTruth. "

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Interesting

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

I know, right? I was hoping for a trailer, but in the long run this ma be more worth it, even if we don't get any visual treats, since it's basically more content and lore through mystery-like audio-logs. Hell, i though even the preview one that we go was very intriguing.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous said:

Interesting

I know, right? I was hoping for a trailer, but in the long run this ma be more worth it, even if we don't get any visual treats, since it's basically more content and lore through mystery-like audio-logs. Hell, i though even the preview one that we go was very intriguing.

I always wish that developers would get more creative with their advertisements. Remember back when there was that crazy Fallout 4 hoax with all the morse code and radio transmissions and stuff? Developers should be doing stuff like that for real.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Interesting

I always wish that developers would get more creative with their advertisements. Remember back when there was that crazy Fallout 4 hoax with all the morse code and radio transmissions and stuff? Developers should be doing stuff like that for real.

Halo use to do it all the time. I think Halo 2 had one of the most elaborate reveals in gaming. I agree that things like P.T Demo and such should be more often, though having a 3 day countdown to this without even an episode 1 of the audio log kinda of killed my childish hype, which I guess is for the best.

Plus like I said, this was an extremely smart idea.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys, show a little more enthusiasm!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I hope all this story content, exterior to the game itself, doesn't put Halo 5 in the same place Halo 4 was in regards to how poorly the plot was contextualised and delivered.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really hoping for a campaign trailer or something like that, this seems interesting too though. I wonder what happened with Chief that he be branded a traitor.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really hoping for a campaign trailer or something like that, this seems interesting too though. I wonder what happened with Chief that he be branded a traitor.

Probably the very act of leaving the UNSC is what pissed ONI off. Lets not forget that these guys do a lot of shady stuff, and just because they are humans doesn't mean they are good guys. Things seem to be developing well so far.

@brendan said:

I hope all this story content, exterior to the game itself, doesn't put Halo 5 in the same place Halo 4 was in regards to how poorly the plot was contextualised and delivered.

Well, in all honesty I had no problems with the campaign in Halo 4, since we knew all we needed to know, aside from the fact that the covenant group we were righting were a rogue alliance.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Ah yes, ONI. Those spooks have a hand in almost everything it seems. Smear campaign against Master Chief to defame him and prop up the Spartan IVs as the true saviors of humanity, perhaps. I've had a feeling for a while about Halo 5, that we might see the first human enemies in a Halo campaign, and so far it wouldn't be out of the question.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theacidskull

@village_guy said:

@theacidskull: Ah yes, ONI. Those spooks have a hand in almost everything it seems. Smear campaign against Master Chief to defame him and prop up the Spartan IVs as the true saviors of humanity, perhaps. I've had a feeling for a while about Halo 5, that we might see the first human enemies in a Halo campaign, and so far it wouldn't be out of the question.

Or at the very least Spartan IV enemies, though that would be a bold move by the developers. As far as story goes, this should be very interesting. 343i are keeping the cards close to their chest in terms of the campaign.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.