Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

What's your take on Warzone? Or the Campaign in general?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theacidskull

After once again skimming through the Warzone footage from Halo 5, I have to say that it really lives up to the "Warzone" title. The mode seems like a great merger of computer AI and live players, which makes it feel like a real battlefield (pun not intended). The extra mobility has also been greatly integrated into the game, seeing as how it compliments the style of gameplay and the map designs.

There were some minor AI..bugs, if you can even call them that, as I noticed, but again, it's an E3 demo, so there's still a shit ton of time to polish these hindrances. There are some Destiny elements incorporated as well, and while Destiny invokes pure rage and spite in me towards Activison, I can definitely see how this can be fantastically used in Halo's world. For starters, the Elite boss battles will be much more engaging, given the fact that they have well written AI's, meaning that you can actually fight against them instead of moving from point A to B in order to get a better vantage point to kill a bullet sponge boss battle.

Plus, if there are boss battles in Warzone, maybe there'll be a few in the campaign itself!

Speaking of which,

The campaign does seem quite scripted, but 343 said that they showed this level specifically to demonstrate how the teams function together. The fact that you can control your team seems like a fantastic idea. Giving out orders and thinking of ways on how to position yourself and your comrades seems like a wonderful idea. I do wonder who this will be implemented in the multiplayer, or in the campaign as well.

The story seems very intriguing, as more time passes, the more intrigued I get with locke. These themes of tracking hunters and how it relates to the gameplay is very cool if I do say so myself. Plus, if there have been any indications, they all lead to Chief still being the hero we know and love, but I'm pretty sure everyone already knew that deep down. Making chief the bad guy would be suicide for the franchise, frankly.

So, thoughts?

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Making chief the bad guy would be suicide for the franchise, frankly.

It would be a SHITLOAD more interesting than whatever they're actually going to end up doing, though.

They should have left him and Cortana well enough alone.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'll mess with Warzone here and there, but after recent experiences with other games, it finally sunk in that big, huge team battle modes just aren't my thing. I think the mode looks great and the design choices seem solid, but I'd sooner take a nice small 4v4 or free for all any day of the week. And considering Halo has always offered both of those and they've always been awesome, I can safely say that this is gonna be my new multiplayer fix for quite some time.

Campaign/story is what really has me excited though. We lost Cortana (which still hurts my soul more than you could ever know), but not only did they give you an entire team as a replacement, they actually made said team relevant to the gameplay which should prove to be interesting if nothing else. On top of that, I feel like there's still a lot of mystery surrounding the story and the fact that the campaign has you tackle it from two different sides just sounds cool. You kinda did that in Halo 2, but it was essentially two separate stories up to a point.

Anywho, I can't flippin wait.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

@crembaw said:
    @theacidskull said:
    Making chief the bad guy would be suicide for the franchise, frankly.

It would be a SHITLOAD more interesting than whatever they're actually going to end up doing, though.

They should have left him and Cortana well enough alone.

Not it wouldn't. Not to me at least.

I'll mess with Warzone here and there, but after recent experiences with other games, it finally sunk in that big, huge team battle modes just aren't my thing. I think the mode looks great and the design choices seem solid, but I'd sooner take a nice small 4v4 or free for all any day of the week. And considering Halo has always offered both of those and they've always been awesome, I can safely say that this is gonna be my new multiplayer fix for quite some time.

Campaign/story is what really has me excited though. We lost Cortana (which still hurts my soul more than you could ever know), but not only did they give you an entire team as a replacement, they actually made said team relevant to the gameplay which should prove to be interesting if nothing else. On top of that, I feel like there's still a lot of mystery surrounding the story and the fact that the campaign has you tackle it from two different sides just sounds cool. You kinda did that in Halo 2, but it was essentially two separate stories up to a point.

Anywho, I can't flippin wait.

Agreed, and given what I've seen so far, there will be plenty of modes to chose from. I just hope the fun stuff like Juggernaut or the Flood come back. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 4v4 or big team battles, but still, I loved the Flood mode in reach. In fact, I spend hours upon hours playing that shit.

As for the story, I think the main difference here is that in the previous Halo's, the characters were pawns(not in the bad sense) in a larger picture. I mean, Chief was awesome, but in Halo 2-3, both he and the arbiter were part of something bigger than them. That's not to imply that the stakes aren't high in Halo 5, but the story seems a lot more character driven than before, which is a welcome addition in all honesty. For a character is as good as the story itself.

Can't fucking wait myself, it's still my most anticipated game of 2015.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warzone looks interesting to me. A good mix of Destiny, Titanfall and even a hint of the Killzone 3 objective based multiplayer (which never had enough levels and didn't get enough credit were best part of that multiplayer)

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By HH

stoked for both warzone and the campaign, which seems good and weighty like halo should be. squad commands are something i enjoy a lot in games, hopefully the AI will be dependable in this case, and we see a bit of a comeback for this feature.

as long as it keeps putting me in impressive backdrops like it's supposed to i do not care about the story, i don't need more than the one reason to shoot stuff in a spectacular fashion, but i'm very glad cortana's gone because she always annoyed me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Super excited for the campaign. As for anything pertaining to multiplayer, I'm not that interested. I like Halo's MP, but especially considering there's no splitscreen (I think, at least it is for campaign), it lessens my care for it, but that's not a huge issue for me. Just behind MGS5, this is the game I'm most excited for this year.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The noobs are gonna love Warzone, 343 can stuff it full of that F2P crap as long as it stays out of the arena. The campaign is hard to judge the E3 demo was very scripted, story in H4 was awful H5 can't be any worse. As long as 343 stop lying bring back bomb and one flag I'll be very happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.