Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo Infinite

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 15, 2021

Halo Infinite follows the Master Chief as he scours the mysterious Zeta Halo, which was left war torn by The Banished, for a weapon to stop the plans of the rogue A.I. Cortana.

Campaign Overview trailer is here!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there Sci-fi first-person shooter fans!

We got 44 more days until the launch of Halo Infinite, meanwhile, this franchise will celebrate its 20th anniversary along with the Xbox console brand by November 15th, 2021!

The very first installment of Halo is Combat Evolved, it was released as a launch title for the original Xbox back on November 15th, 2001 along with Project Gotham Racing, Fuzion Frenzy and many others.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

This looks like a lot of fun. I'm a little iffy on naive anime nu-Cortana, though.

EDIT: I'd like to note that I am pretty excited about this whole thing. I love playing Halo games, I've played all of them several times over the years. Even 5! That core gameplay loop is some of the most fun I've ever had in a shooter and I can't wait to do it again in a new campaign, this time with an open world and a grapple hook. I'd be excited if this were another level-based campaign with no more or less than previous games but they've added some stuff that I think sounds great.

343's writing isn't so hot and I don't really trust them to deliver a great story. I'm not expecting anything as memorable as what we got during Bungie's run of the franchise. As I said before the edit, I think naive new Cortana is a little too naive and joke-y for my tastes but, hey, whatever, it's fine, 343 makes Halo games that play really well and that's what I'm here for.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

For the price of “I already subscribe to Game Pass”, I’m definitely checking the campaign out. I just wish I could play it with a friend at launch, it seems tailor made for co-op hijinks.

(I too am iffy on the wAIfu situation.)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Looks sick. Can't wait to play it. Even if it ends up following a relatively standard open-world game formula, the combat should be strong enough to keep it interesting.

I do wish they'd move on from Cortana though.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Halo Cry? Shit alright, I'll give that a shot.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems crazy they've been making the exact same game for 20 years now. I fell off at 3 as it just felt like the same thing, and this still looks like that. As far as graphics, it looks real good but the animations seem stiff still and the particle effects seem last gen.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute... this ain't a racing game!

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's a scifi trope that artificial intelligence are being treated like humans, but this is like the third game where we're trying to save Cortana, dude just get over it I'm sure they'll let you download a new and improved version.

Overall the gameplay looks good but way too familiar, I suppose going back to basics was one of their design goals but we already have the Master Chief collection that runs great on current-gen consoles. The story could make it worthwhile but based on previous entries I wouldn't hold my breath.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. It looks . . . fine? We have the not-Covenant on another Halo and only Master Chief and not-Cortana can save the day. It all just feels like the same shit that every other game in the series has done, except now in a big open world with icon vomit all over it and an upgrade tree for some reason.

Honestly, I was hoping they would be considerably more ambitious with both the story and gameplay. A name like Infinite recalls Marathon: Infinity, and that game was absolutely bat-shit insane with its story. Instead, it kind of looks like we're getting Assassin's Chief: Far Crysis.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThePanzini

It looks much better than the previous showing, but its not really doing anything for me. Its feels like Gears 4, Halo in slightly bigger environments but more of the same or the notion I've already done this before.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
    spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if the whole experience doesn't hold up I know I'm gonna love that grappling hook all the way through.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks like Halo-ass-Halo which is probably a great thing for fans of Halo. As someone that has played a few Halo games and never found them particularly engaging and found the physics and gunplay to be not my cup of tea, well this doesn't do anything for me. I was hoping it would be a reinvention of Halo but it seems to be more an expansion of the base idea. Either way, thanks to Game Pass I'll give it a fair shake anyway.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Come to the Halo Playground, do we have a treat for you!

Roar!

I rather agree with @therealturk about ambition. But I also understand. It is going to be an all ages game, in effect. We still have the edgy dialogue (thinking of you, Gears 5) and of course, whatever is implied about Cortana, and Master Chief's origins.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By judaspete

Not a big fan of the new AI partner, or really any of the dialogue shown in the overview, but gameplay looks awesome. Always down for a game with a grappling hook.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not getting where people are saying this is a return to classic Halo, this looks more like a Far Cry game than any of the Bungie Halo games to me. Halo campaigns to me are tightly designed levels full of cool set pieces in occasionally semi-open areas, not a standard ubisoft open world 101 course which is everything they showed off here. I'll still give it a chance but my expectations are very, very low at this point unfortunately.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks great. MP was already feeling good to play and this campaign looks like a lot of fun. I'm excited for some good Halo again.

JillOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JillOw

In the video the game looks interesting to me. Let's see how gamers will like it after November 15.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute... this ain't a racing game!

I do like playing FPS games though.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: That's okay, i was just joking a little ;)

derFeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot:

This looks nothing like Ubi open world. Of course they showed the more open sandboxy areas in the trailer. Like they always did with Halo.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@derfeef: Im totally getting Far Cry and maybe some Just Cause when Chief is taking down an outpost and destroying some infrastructure. The "FOB" at 3:30 in the video will then show all the objectives on the map when you take it over. This looks a lot more open world then any other Halo, and giving something for the player to do from point A to B in an a big environment to keep the player entertained is something you have to do. And the mold for the most part on how to do that has been Far Cry. Red Dead changes that up a little with random world events that are fairly detailed, but for the most part games just do outposts with bad guys.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropping vehicles off like it's Borderlands. Heh.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Panfoot

@derfeef: Except they really haven't in the past, Halo 2 infamously having that very very scripted linear first gameplay demo of what would eventually turn into the Outskirts/Metropolis levels. Halo has always had some big/open-ish levels, but they have also had a ton of the more directed levels with big set pieces. This though seems to be going down the ubisoft open world checklist to a T, you have your big open map with a bunch of random small outposts to take that will help get you upgrades and a lot of empty land mass in between, even got a generic enemy with a bigger health bar as a "boss" too. Maybe they have some more traditional Halo like levels in there but they sure haven't shown any yet.

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
    ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I look forward to playing it and thinking when I see the end credits, "Man, they totally should have just killed off/retired Chief at the end of either 3 or 4".

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I wonder why those to bring Halo down to a teen-rating?

I actually like this anime nu-Cortana character: she kinda comes off goofy, and the way she contrasts to Master Chief that makes me chuckle.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The gameplay looks great and felt great in the multiplayer beta. Some of the best Halo levels have always been built around open spaces, so I think this open-world type of approach will probably be a good fit.

Something about all the campaign stuff they've showed so far feels quite bland though. I'd go as far as to call it soulless. The atmosphere created through music, pacing and level design has always been one of my favorite things in Halo games and so far I've seen almost none of it in Halo Infinite.

Overall Halo Infinite is looking like a good package and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. It's fine if the series goes into a new direction that's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I wouldn't say no to a smaller and tighter expansion in the style of a Halo 3 ODST for example.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I wonder why those to bring Halo down to a teen-rating?

I actually like this anime nu-Cortana character: she kinda comes off goofy, and the way she contrasts to Master Chief that makes me chuckle.

My guess is the developer wanted to turn down the level of violence in order to attract a wider range of players.

Just like how the majority of PG-13 rated films are more popular than R rated films.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The utter disrespect shown to that vtol thing when it gets dropped off was great.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It LOOKS better graphically and they obviously took the criticism from the previous video to heart to improve some models, but I'm still not sold on the idea of this.

It still feels like off-brand Halo to me, which is what Halo 4 and 5 felt like also. Say what you will about Destiny as a series, but Bungie still knows how to make a unique setting and have a sense of wonder about things. 343 seems all too eager to appease hardcore lore nerds fans, but also make sure their games are rated T so everyone and their baby can get this game.

I'm not thrilled about it being open world too. There have been multiple games lately that have shown you can make fun FPS single player linear campaigns like with Doom, Titanfall 2, or even COD.

Do better 343.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By theonewhoplays

I'm not really into Halo, but I've never seen anything in them that would justify a rating above T. Except maybe the Cortana model :p

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@isomeri: Halo has always been pretty soulless. Like you said, some of the best levels are the big battles in big open areas, and then the rest of the time the best you can count on are bland grey hallways and rather uninteresting interiors. My biggest problem with Halo is that it never seemed to evolve past this very basic look of the first game. There are more particle effects and chiefs armor keeps looking more and more detailed but ultimately it's just kind of bland arenas that don't feel all that distinct.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ah, smatterings of pine and cedar trees everywhere. Now that's sci-fi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.