Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Defiant Achievement Squad

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Samaritan

So, with the addition of the Anniversary maps to Reach, a handful of achievements tied to the Defiant Map Pack were added in along with Anniversary achievements. These achievements, unlike the first wave of Defiant achievements, require you to be on a Defiant map to complete, and as Reach's DLC matchmaking is still incredibly flawed, the likelihood of you finding a match on a Defiant map and then completing the achievements is very unlikely. The now-lack of a DLC-centric playlist makes the chances of getting these achievements even less likely. So as someone who would like to have an S-rank in Reach, I'm reduced to having to boost.

I'm hoping there are enough duders on here who still play Reach pretty consistently, also have the Defiant maps, and are in need of getting these achievements. If you are, chime in and let's try to get a posse together to grab these elusive achievements.

Gamertag is Captain Felafel.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By davidinwrofy

Hey, I'm definitely up for this. The only achievements I still need are the new Defiant achievements, plus that pesky Headhunter one. My gamertag is davidinwrofy. What timezone are you in? I'm English so I'm in GMT, which several hours ahead of the US timezones, but it should still be possible to arrange something. I have a friend, also a member of this site, who would also be up for this: he is gateht on Live. As you say, we're being forced to boost because getting a Defiant map is so unlikely.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Samaritan

@davidinwrofy said:

Hey, I'm definitely up for this. The only achievements I still need are the new Defiant achievements, plus that pesky Headhunter one. My gamertag is davidinwrofy. What timezone are you in? I'm English so I'm in GMT, which several hours ahead of the US timezones, but it should still be possible to arrange something. I have a friend, also a member of this site, who would also be up for this: he is gateht on Live. As you say, we're being forced to boost because getting a Defiant map is so unlikely.

Fantastic; I already have someone through GB who also needs to get the achievements. I'll try to arrange something with him as soon as I can. Send me a message here on the boards and I'll try to get times for us to tackle this.

I'm from the States, Mountain Standard Time, -7:00GMT right now, so 7 hours "behind" you.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Slaker117

Hey, can I get in on this? I really didn't want to boost these achievements, but goddamn does matchmaking make a compelling argument for it.

Pacific by the way.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samaritan

@Slaker117 said:

Hey, can I get in on this? I really didn't want to boost these achievements, but goddamn does matchmaking make a compelling argument for it.

Pacific by the way.

I'm with you brother. I hate to boost but with the absence of a DLC playlist, it's nigh impossible to do it honestly. I'll be sure to send a message your way within the next day or so, as soon as I hear back from a couple other people, I'll send out a mass message and get something scheduled that'll work for everyone.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By davidinwrofy

This sounds good. Once we have a team together, how do you propose we get on a Defiant map? My second question is when are you usually free? (I will add on seven hours to work out what that means for me.) I work from home so I can often make myself available in the day, and I am also often free in the evenings, unless I'm out doing something!

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samaritan

@davidinwrofy said:

This sounds good. Once we have a team together, how do you propose we get on a Defiant map? My second question is when are you usually free? (I will add on seven hours to work out what that means for me.) I work from home so I can often make myself available in the day, and I am also often free in the evenings, unless I'm out doing something!

I sent you, along with the others who want to get in on this, a message yesterday.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MideonNViscera

I don't think it's beneficial to boost these achievements, because if 343 sees shitloads of people with them they won't understand how stupid they were.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By big_jon

@Captain_Felafel:

Me too, Zealotsangheili is the GT.

gateht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By gateht

I (gamertag: gateht ) will be on with davidinworfy and one more around now. Will be periodically checking for the next few hours, so leave a message if you're game!

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Samaritan

Awesome group, guys! So glad that went without a hitch. Appreciate everyone showing up and participating and helping each other out. It's really awesome when you can mobilize a group of dudes on the Internet to help out like this.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon

Since I was jipped, I am still available for those who still need it.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kandycane2029

I should probably get around to getting these achievements. Anyone going to be on tomorrow night (Sunday)? GT: MVPxKandycane

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By davidinwrofy

@Slaker117:

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank everyone who took part in the achievement boosting session on Saturday afternoon (GMT) / morning (Mountain Time) particularly Slaker117, Captain_Felafel, who expertly organised the event, and gateht. It was a very productive session, achievement-wise, and there were some fun 'extra-curricular' moments, such as Slaker's 5-man sniper shot! lol I have now S-ranked the game! This is only the second game I have S-ranked (the first being MW2) so I am very pleased. What else did you guys get after we left?

Thanks again, guys.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By davidinwrofy

@Captain_Felafel: Just noticed your last post, Captain. I completely agree: it was a great moment for the BG community and proof that five random people from different parts of the world, who have never met each other, can work together to achieve a common goal!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.