Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Disc Read Error, anyone?

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By uberexplodey

Anybody else getting a disk read error while playing Reach? Ever since the matchmaking playlists got updated I've been getting kicked to the dashboard after playing a handful of matches...and I've had Reach installed to my harddrive since day 1.  

Apparently this has been going on since release and I'm just late to this shitty party (as seen at Bungie's message board and some coverage by G4 and Gamespot).  Hope this gets fixed with another update... 

Thoughts? I'm not the only one, right?

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Teran

I think folks were saying you need to delete it off your hard drive and reinstall.  What I'd do in your position is delete the installation and try playing the game with just the disc and no installation.  If the problem persists it might be a more serious bug.  If it does not, try reinstalling it back onto your drive, sometimes a corrupt file just needs to be reset.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano
    @UberExplodey: I had the same problem. From what I've read there's a reason they tell you to call Xbox support. Apparently there's an issue with some older tech that prevents Reach from playing properly. For example, any time I tried to load Boardwalk when it was installed to my Hard Drive, Disc Read Error, and it isn't something they can fix with an update. I had to send in my Xbox for repairs before I realized this... so I'm hoping that when I get it back that problem will be taken care of. If not I have to send it in again in order to fix the issue :(. 
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hopefully this isn't your problem and you can fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling Reach or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.