Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Do you have a Triple Double medal?

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wubb

"Finish a game with double-digit kills, assists, and headshots."
    Triple Double =  "Finish a game with double-digit kills, assists, and headshots." 

Ten assists in one match is a pretty tall order, which I think makes this medal a rare one to get.  Also, If you have 10 headshots, you by definition have 10 kills so that's redundant.  I think they should have made it something else like grenade sticks, assists, and headshots.  But, then it would be even more difficult...

Hmm, I think another twist they could have used is "double-digits in three of the following stats: asssists, grenade sticks, headshots, wheelman, splatter."  That would be in line with how basketball has 5 stats to use for a triple double and some are easier to notch double-digits (points, rebounds) than others (blocks, steals.)

And to answer my own question, no I don't have one yet.  I was going for assists only in a few matches yesterday (daily challenge) and noticed I was at 9 and thought about this medal.  But I ended with way fewer than 10 headshots so it was a moot point.  I think part of the trick here is that to get a bunch of assists you need to do your best to avoid headshots, since you are looking to weaken an enemy but not actually finish him off.  If you pull this off long enough to accumulate 10 assists, it's difficult to have enough time left in the match to get 10 headshots.

Edit: It just occurred to me that headshots, assists, and kills are used for this medal because they are 3 of the stats you can see in the overall carnage report after a match (in other words, not necessarily a medal count.)  Assuming it is using those stats, that would mean being the driver of a falcon/warthog/etc would count towards the assists total since that does roll up to your total assists in the carnage report.  If that is the case, this would be a considerably easier medal to obtain if you manage to have a good run in a falcon, then just focus on headshots...
    Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sitoxity

I have one, in Firefight. That's it.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By EVO

I don't get how assists work in Reach. All I gotta do is get 1 shot into a guy before a teammate kills him and I get the assist, right? Because it seems to be luck most of the time.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Raymayne
    @EVO said:
    " I don't get how assists work in Reach. All I gotta do is get 1 shot into a guy before a teammate kills him and I get the assist, right? Because it seems to be luck most of the time. "
    No, dummy. You have to do at least 40% of the damage to do a dude before he is killed by a teammate.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO
    @Raymayne said:
    " @EVO said:
    " I don't get how assists work in Reach. All I gotta do is get 1 shot into a guy before a teammate kills him and I get the assist, right? Because it seems to be luck most of the time. "
    No, dummy. You have to do at least 40% of the damage to do a dude before he is killed by a teammate. "
    I swear sometimes I'll do like 90% damage and still not get the assist.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Rockdalf
    @EVO: I think it's based on a certain amount of damage (say 35%) and then followed by a small window of time (maybe five seconds of your last damage dealt).
    Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sitoxity
    @EVO:  It's definitely 40% damage. If they're out of combat for around 5 seconds then you will not get an assist. I think if they pick up a health pack it cancels it out too.

I understand the feeling, sometimes you feel like you put so much into a guy and either never get the kill OR an assist, but it is the way it works. I tend to judge by shield capacity myself, if I take down all their shields, I WILL get an assist.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Nope, I've been trying my hardest but I still haven't got this medal yet.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wubb

I think I'll try to get this in firefight today.  Might as well, since the daily challenges all deal with that mode.  Maybe go for beachhead and hope I can get ten assists by driving the warthog.

Still, I would like to get one of these in competitive matchmaking at some point.

Does anyone know if wheelman assists count towards this medal?  Wheelmen don't count towards the daily challenges that deal with assists (so far anyway), but my hunch is they do count towards this medal.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jack_daniels

Nope, not yet. I just got my first extermination yesterday playing objective. It was awesome, 1 rocket got the entire team grouped around the  territory.  Best killtacular to date!

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wubb
    @Jack_Daniels said:

" Nope, not yet. I just got my first extermination yesterday playing objective. It was awesome, 1 rocket got the entire team grouped around the  territory.  Best killtacular to date! "

Nice!  I have yet to get an extermination in Reach, but do have a killtrocity from a multiteam match.  Felt pumped to unlock the avatar award.
    Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Waffles13

I've got the triple-double in campaign and that's it.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, probably never will.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wubb

Just got one!  One of the daily challenge is 15 assists, so I was farming assists in an Oddball match on Rumble Pit.  I had 8 or 9 going in and the challenge popped about halfway...  Then I got a couple more assists and I knew I was at 8 or 9 total for the match and this medal came to mind.  Ended up going for headshots from there to make sure I had 10 and I ended the game with 20 headshots and 10 assists.  Yes! 

99% sure that's the first game I've ended with double-digit assists.  Figured I'd need to be the pilot of a Falcon with some decent teammates to have a shot at this, but very pleased to work it out in Rumble Pit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.