Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

happy bungie day, everyone

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By suikoden352

it's july the 7th which means it's bungie day. sadly, this is the last bungie day for a while but nonetheless, it's always a good day to play some halo and have fun. hope to see you duders online today. happy bungie day, everyone. let's go kill some covenant.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sitoxity

Last Bungie Day for a while? What makes you think they'll stop doing their yearly event?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Sitoxity said:

Last Bungie Day for a while? What makes you think they'll stop doing their yearly event?

2012 man.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jkuc316

LOL I just Installed Halo 1 on the PC today! I guess that's how I'm celebrating

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sitoxity

@Mr_Skeleton: Yes. That is a year. Just like any other year. No end of the world business.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suikoden352

@Sitoxity: bungie is handing everything halo over to 343 industries after today. they prolly won't have another game related bungie day until they release their next game. that's why i say for a while. bungie can have july 7th bungie days at their offices and all and we can always do unofficial ones but nothin like this until their next adventure which will prolly be either a holiday release next year or a 2013 release. whose to say that 343 won't keep the bungie day spirit going for next year but nonetheless. happy bungie day to all. ohh and just heads up but the challenges for today are all firefight matchmaking related but real easy. just fyi to those who do care about that stuff or still needing the achievements for that stuff.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sitoxity

@suikoden352: Halo not being in Bungie's hands anymore doesn't have anything to do with BUNGIE Day. They'll probably still want to play their own game next year, if people are still active, which they will be.

343 Industries won't do Bungie day things because funnily enough, they aren't Bungie.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suikoden352

@Sitoxity: i never said they wouldn't still want to play. not once. of course the player base will still be plenty active. bungie has said multiple times though that once they hand the reins over to 343 that they will have nothing to do with halo anymore and will be full on focused with their next game. i know that 343 industries isn't bungie. i don't appreciate being patronized. i don't think you would either. i'm not tryin to start fights or arguments here. i'm just being nice and seein if anyone else is playing today and maybe get some insight into the plans for the day for those who do celebrate bungie day.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#9  Edited By EpicBenjamin

I'm gonna try to play Halo: Reach all day.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By suikoden352

@EpicBenjamin: nice :) happy hunting

Avatar image for the_moorasaurus
    The_Moorasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By The_Moorasaurus

In case none of you have been to bungie.net today, you can unlock yourself the 'blue flames' armor effect by signing up.

Apparently its a one day thing, so if you wait till tomorrow you'll be too late, and I assume you'll be able to use them forever once you've unlocked them, :)

Happy Bungie Day everyone! :p

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sitoxity

@suikoden352: If you feel like you're being patronized you shouldn't say things that don't make sense, then completely contradict yourself. Bungie will continue to celebrate Bungie Day as they've always done, they've not always even had play dates, sometimes it was just new backgrounds and gamer pictures on XBL. Saying it'll be "the last in a while" is just complete speculation with no proof or reasoning behind thinking it whatsoever. They've been going 20 years, they're not going to stop celebrating that fact because they aren't continuing one of their franchises.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By suikoden352

@Sitoxity: i'd like to know how i've been contradicting myself. i never said they were going to stop doing bungie day. like i said, i'm not here to argue but i don't appreciate the negativity. i'm not gonna continue with this conversation after this. think what you will. i will do the same. thank you.

@The_Moorasaurus: yes, you can use the blue flame for as long as you want though only other players can see it on your character. it worried me at first when i didn't see the flame but i read up and found out why it wasn't showing. they've had the option unlocked since they came out with they bungie app but nonetheless a good heads up for everyone though :) much appreciated and happy bungie day to you as well.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sitoxity

@suikoden352: Well for one, asking me to tell you something then saying you won't continue the conversation is contradictory. Saying that you said they wouldn't stop, but saying earlier, multiple times, that there "won't be one for a while" is pretty similar, if not exactly the same thing. Also: with your claim that there won't be one for a while, yet saying "I never said they wouldn't still play." That just contradicts itself. You're basically saying they will still do things for Bungie Day while not having one for a while. It doesn't make sense.

If you're sensing negativity, you shouldn't. I'm just pointing out that you're not making sense. Just try to think about what you say before you type it, that's all. Don't just say things without having anything to back it up.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By N7

Last year today my dad died. It seems like it was only yesterday that we were sitting around and joking about how mom treated him like a kid because he was a lot more frail than he used to be. It was weird seeing him like that because he was always so confrontational. A fighter. He never took no BS no matter who he ended up getting into a fight with. He worked his life away just so we could live paycheck to paycheck and now look at us; homeless.

He tried his best but of course, his best just wasn't good enough. I love you dad, and I miss you.

Happy Bungie Day.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By suikoden352

@N7: my prayers and thoughts go to you today, good sir. i know how hard of a struggle it can be with the lose of a loved one that is very close to you. i hope you find the strength to stand up and take the day as your own. i'm sure your dad would want you to. i bet he's real proud of you though for hangin tough. best of luck to you and happy bungie day to you as well.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By N7

@suikoden352 said:

@N7: my prayers and thoughts go to you today, good sir. i know how hard of a struggle it can be with the lose of a loved one that is very close to you. i hope you find the strength to stand up and take the day as your own. i'm sure your dad would want you to. i bet he's real proud of you though for hangin tough. best of luck to you and happy bungie day to you as well.

God Bless you, man. God Bless you.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By suikoden352

@N7: god bless you and your family as well, my friend.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By big_jon

Happy Bungie day.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By natetodamax

@The_Moorasaurus said:

In case none of you have been to bungie.net today, you can unlock yourself the 'blue flames' armor effect by signing up.

Apparently its a one day thing, so if you wait till tomorrow you'll be too late, and I assume you'll be able to use them forever once you've unlocked them, :)

Happy Bungie Day everyone! :p

The Blue Flames have been available for awhile for free. You can get it by downloading Bungie's iOS app.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By fattony12000
    BURN LUKE SMITH! BUUUUUUUUUURN AHAHAHAHAHA! 
    BURN LUKE SMITH! BUUUUUUUUUURN AHAHAHAHAHA! 
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Sitoxity: It wasn't even the main point of the thread. Quit being an ass.

Bungie day! Hurray!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.