Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Is Reach bringing you back to Halo?

tranceaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tranceaddix

For me, Halo 3 didn't really hit the spot - I played it for a bit, but it didn't resonate with me like Halo, and Halo 2 did. Coincidentally, Reach is looking really fun, and I'm genuinely excited for the beta to launch. Who else feels like Reach is the breath of fresh air for the series?

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By MjHealy

I really have no interest in Halo. I mean, I'm not one of those jerks who hate on Halo for the sake of it but it's just not my thing. After watching that Ask Me Anything video and some trailers, I'm actually kinda excited to play Reach. There just seems to be something modern or changed about it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Nah, I have been with Halo since I played it for the first time. I'm more excited for Reach than Halo 3 though.

tranceaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tranceaddix

That is also interesting how Reach is bringing new people in -- quite an accomplishment for Bungie, I think.

scud7171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scud7171
    @TranceAddix: i played a lot of halo 3 but i eventualy stoped due to all my friends playing MW2 but know after realizing how bad that game is ive been back at it and im crazy stoked for reach adn plan to put alot of time into it.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Warfare

No.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Azteck

Been getting back into the H3 multiplayer, so I guess in a way it has.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss
    @Warfare said:

" No. "

BOOM. Where's your positivity now?

In all seriousness though, the idea of a better narrative pulling the (apparently improved) game play aspects together is pretty appealing.

@scud7171 said:

" @TranceAddix: i played a lot of halo 3 but i eventualy stoped due to all my friends playing MW2 but know after realizing how bad that game is ive been back at it and im crazy stoked for reach adn plan to put alot of time into it. "

Welcome to the forums. Good to see someone who's first post isn't a quest blog.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

I never left you Halo.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mano521

we'll see

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kermoosh

i have played plenty of halo 3, tons of multiplayer, custom games, forge. i even play campaign every once in a while still to this day
    with halo reach, i'll go back to multiplayer

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Absolutely. 

I was turned off by Halo 3.  It just didn't feel right to me.  I go back to it every once in a while just for something different to play, but I rarely play for more than an hour at a time. 

Halo 1 & 2 were amazing games, and I thoroughly enjoyed the FUCK out of them.  The only time I ever played Halo 2 online was when XBLv1 was going down, as I always played system link with 15 other buddies.  LOL 

With Reach, it seems like they are scratching a serious itch for my objective-based multiplayer love, while also keeping what makes Halo great in there.  Moreover, it feels like they are making significant changes, which is one of the issues I had with Halo 3 - I didn't feel the changes they made were significant or even that big.  Yes, Forge was a huge thing, and the items were a huge thing...but they didn't feel huge to me at all. 

I'm so fucking psyched for Reach that I can hardly take it, and all of my friends that don't really dig Halo are also looking forward to checking it out.  I can guarantee I'll be rolling Spartan as much as possible.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thejamster

well i got my 360 and halo 3 about a year and a half ago and I'm still playing the hell out of that game. can't wait for the beta to start!

Sh4ft3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sh4ft3d

Definitely. Enjoyed Halo 3's multiplayer for a good while, but got tired of it when I couldn't play with friends any more (school, we all got more busy). Really looking forward to Reach's multiplayer.

Cmdc00kie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cmdc00kie

All the new stuff thats branching the game out more is getting me all hyped up for the beta.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By DystopiaX

never left.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By RobbieMac

Well I stopped playing for about a year to play COD4 and then I got excited for Modern Warfare 2.... and well that was a disappointment so I essentially went right back to playing Halo 3.  Well it actually has just been Halo 3 and the Blur beta.  Regardless, I am hoping to get lucky today and get in.  If not I will be playing after work on Monday.

lost_sole90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lost_sole90
    Definitely coming back to Halo for this. Halo 3 was nice and all, but after a year, I was done with it.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never ever thought after Halo 3 that I would be excited about a new Halo game. But it seems like Bungie is actually making meaningful changes to the Halo style of game and not just trying to cash in like they did with Halo 3. I do feel bad that I probably wont get to play the beta, as I wasn't a hardcore fan and skipped ODST.

tranceaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tranceaddix
    @End_Boss said:
    " @Warfare said:

" No. "

BOOM. Where's your positivity now?

In all seriousness though, the idea of a better narrative pulling the (apparently improved) game play aspects together is pretty appealing.

@scud7171 said:

" @TranceAddix: i played a lot of halo 3 but i eventualy stoped due to all my friends playing MW2 but know after realizing how bad that game is ive been back at it and im crazy stoked for reach adn plan to put alot of time into it. "

Welcome to the forums. Good to see someone who's first post isn't a quest blog. "
    Thanks - I've been with the site for a a while, but finally decided to venture to the forums :)

@jakob187 said:
    " Absolutely.  I was turned off by Halo 3.  It just didn't feel right to me.  I go back to it every once in a while just for something different to play, but I rarely play for more than an hour at a time.  Halo 1 & 2 were amazing games, and I thoroughly enjoyed the FUCK out of them.  The only time I ever played Halo 2 online was when XBLv1 was going down, as I always played system link with 15 other buddies.  LOL  With Reach, it seems like they are scratching a serious itch for my objective-based multiplayer love, while also keeping what makes Halo great in there.  Moreover, it feels like they are making significant changes, which is one of the issues I had with Halo 3 - I didn't feel the changes they made were significant or even that big.  Yes, Forge was a huge thing, and the items were a huge thing...but they didn't feel huge to me at all.  I'm so fucking psyched for Reach that I can hardly take it, and all of my friends that don't really dig Halo are also looking forward to checking it out.  I can guarantee I'll be rolling Spartan as much as possible. "

Exactly how I feel, exactly. 

@RobbieMac said:
    "  Well I stopped playing for about a year to play COD4 and then I got excited for Modern Warfare 2.... and well that was a disappointment so I essentially went right back to playing Halo 3.  Well it actually has just been Halo 3 and the Blur beta.  Regardless, I am hoping to get lucky today and get in.  If not I will be playing after work on Monday. "

COD4 was my saving grace from Halo 3 - back in the day, I played it, but never really felt right. But as i have mentioned earlier, Reach is really exciting to me.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Icemael

It can't bring me back to Halo, since I never had much interest in the series. It might, however, bring me to Halo. I didn't really enjoy what little I played of Halo 2 and 3, but Reach looks pretty fun. If the single player campaign is good, I might pick it up.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hitchenson

I never left. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#23  Edited By citizenkane

I never left Halo.

theMixxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By theMixxer

Reach is definitely bringing me back to Halo, at least multiplayer. I played so much Halo 2 and had a blast, but for some reason Halo 3 didn't resonate the same way. Played it for a couple of months (mostly co-op) and then set it down for COD4 and other games afterward. After watching videos for Reach (especially the lengthy beta video here on GB), I'm very hyped for this game. Looks like they put in a lot of work in terms of tuning the gameplay in a way that I find much more accessible like loadouts, melee damage, and new game modes. A big plus is that my friends are also excited for Reach so it should make for a very fun beta.

Pageboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pageboy

Yes! 
    Halo CE was awesome, but I got less interested with 2 and 3. Never really played Halo multi-player but I just bought ODST to get into the Reach Beta cause I am super psyched to play it. It looks awesome. Can't wait!!!

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sjupp

Back? More like deeper into.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By J0n3s1

I have never really cared about halo multiplayer but this seems interesting.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By DCFGS3

I might actually buy a Halo game. Which is weird for me, I don't have an xbox, so computer hopefully? Which I think could ruin it maybe.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AuthenticM

I just wish this series would die already. Halo 2 should have been the last. I'm probably going to play it for a while, before it strikes me: "Yup, this is Halo"; then I'll toss the game away and never play a Halo game again.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Systech

You can definitely say that I am coming back to Halo. In the past month, I have been playing more Halo 3 than I have in a while. I don't know if it's Reach doing it (probably) but I am definitely liking Halo all over again. 

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never left.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AuthenticM said:
    " I just wish this series would die already. Halo 2 should have been the last. I'm probably going to play it for a while, before it strikes me: "Yup, this is Halo"; then I'll toss the game away and never play a Halo game again. "
    That seems like a waste of money if that's the little effort your going to make to actually like the game.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

Haven't played halo since Halo 3... this might bring me back. The game better be pretty different though. We'll see monday!

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AuthenticM
    @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " @AuthenticM said:
    " I just wish this series would die already. Halo 2 should have been the last. I'm probably going to play it for a while, before it strikes me: "Yup, this is Halo"; then I'll toss the game away and never play a Halo game again. "
    That seems like a waste of money if that's the little effort your going to make to actually like the game. "
    Which is why I'm not going to put a single penny on it and play the game at my friend's house.
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By ez123

Kinda? I don't plan on playing ODST but I'm there for Reach.

AdamGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AdamGee

I can say that Halo 3 killed the series for me, but after seeing all these trailers and game play it is making me excited and I can see myself enjoying the game.

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Schizoid

Halo 3 and ODST didn't really grip me as much as Halo 2 and Halo did, ODST was so poor that I never even bothered completing the campaign! But with Reach it feels like they've definitely put a lot of thought into how they can make the Halo formula fun again and I can't wait.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GunnBjorn

I played it because of the superb multiplayer. 
    The whole Halo universe/story didn't grab me all that much. 

casualterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By casualterror

Dude I am the same way as you. Halo 3 played it a couple months I didn't even buy ODST but after seeing the Ask Me Anything I am totally in.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seedofpower
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " Nah, I have been with Halo since I played it for the first time. I'm more excited for Reach than Halo 3 though. "
    Pretty much.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By turbomonkey138

I never left halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AuthenticM said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " @AuthenticM said:
    That seems like a waste of money if that's the little effort your going to make to actually like the game. "
    Which is why I'm not going to put a single penny on it and play the game at my friend's house. "
    You'r going to toss a friend's game away? That doesn't seem very nice.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely want to try it out at least. 

tranceaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tranceaddix

Well, I didn't manage to get a code after trying all day; to anyone that has: what do you think? Is it revolutionary - or at least fresh? 

To everyone that didn't leave Halo: I wouldn't have either, but Halo 3 didn't feel right to me.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By Seppli

I've missed Halo 2 & 3 online (I've tried 3, but it seemed a bit dated at the time and just didn't compete with the first BF:BC which I was playing religiously at the time). Got me a used copy of ODST yesterday (really fun campaign) in order to get into the Halo : Reach Beta. I'm looking forward to it. The perfect break from BF:BC 2, which I've played way too much since release. I need to let that game simmer idly for awhile for it to get its flavour back. Reach's Beta is gonna be the shit!

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ket87

I havn't played Halo 3 real seriously since 2007, and for maybe a week or two after every map pack that's about it. CoD4 tore me away from Halo 3 which was just too similar to the Halo 2 I had been playing for years. Now two and a half years later after playing nothing but military shooters with a scatter shot of problems from MW2's overall crapiness that will likely never be patched to Bad Company 2's glaring issues that were suddenly deemed less important to patch on consoles than a damn Dr. Pepper promo. Halo 3 may have been archaic but it was steady as a rock. Reach seems to blend that steadiness of design choice with a few modernizations here and there. Also the everyone is always on a even playing field and skill is all that matters approach is much better "lawlz I killed u with meh choppa gunnner".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.