Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Is this a glitch, or was this intended to happen?

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

So here I am, losing my sanity ever so slowly, with Reach on Legendary, alone. So yeah, I'm at the very end, after countless cussing, swearing, fluids going all about the room of unethical natures, I am in the turret, shooting down the dropships. I die. Three times, seeing as I was so tired. And then, what do my eyes behold? I have been put all the way back in the beginning of the mission.

Now, am I either really going insane, or did I do something wrong? I swear to god I was suspecting a glitch like that would happen and there when it did, I almost felt like breaking my Xbox. :(

I don't think I will be playing this for a very, very long time.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

In Halo games, when you die close to your last checkpoint over and over, it will put you farther back in the mission to let you have another go. Because sometimes the game will autosave at a really bad part and you die like right after it loads. I've never heard of it sending you ALL the way back though, that part is definitely a glitch.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ESREVER

I hid in the warehouse among the rafters of that building during that scene. Then I timed it so I could reach the turret and enter it just in time to shoot the giant target. Turret section are the WORSE in hardest difficulties in games. ugh. 
    Maybe in your flurry of profanities, you accidentally hit restart level? If so, that sucks. If not, that still sucks. GL

JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @ESREVER said:
    " I hid in the warehouse among the rafters of that building during that scene. Then I timed it so I could reach the turret and enter it just in time to shoot the giant target. Turret section are the WORSE in hardest difficulties in games. ugh. Maybe in your flurry of profanities, you accidentally hit restart level? If so, that sucks. If not, that still sucks. GL "
    I'm pretty sure I didn't press anything... the screen just went black for more than 6 seconds and restarted me. :( I don't know man... it's been really bad. I mean, unbearable. I was even considering making a video of me burning the game after I finish it. But I can't even do that anymore...
    @xyzygy said:

" In Halo games, when you die close to your last checkpoint over and over, it will put you farther back in the mission to let you have another go. Because sometimes the game will autosave at a really bad part and you die like right after it loads. I've never heard of it sending you ALL the way back though, that part is definitely a glitch. "

And how awesome of it to send me back all the way to the beginning. Well, if I choose for example ''rally point bravo'' when I load up, will it count the mission completed in the end?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " In Halo games, when you die close to your last checkpoint over and over, it will put you farther back in the mission to let you have another go. Because sometimes the game will autosave at a really bad part and you die like right after it loads. I've never heard of it sending you ALL the way back though, that part is definitely a glitch. "
    And how awesome of it to send me back all the way to the beginning. Well, if I choose for example ''rally point bravo'' when I load up, will it count the mission completed in the end? "
    No idea. I didn't use that option when I played, only when I was playing missions with friends after I already had the achievements.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Slaker117

As @xyzygy said, Halo games will revert you earlier checkpoints if you die too often too quickly at one, but it should not send you to the beginning of a level. If you were going to the menu after you died to hit "restart checkpoint" and respawn quicker, it is possiable however that you hit "restart mission".  I know it's happened to me more than once in Reach.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

All I know is the ending of that game on Legendary was so fucked up. That bit where you get on the last Pelican outta there, the turn around and jump back off, I was looking at the screen like "Fuck really? This is still going on?" And next what do you know - the hardest bit of the game. Once I got through that stupid room filled with like 6 of the super Elites (I forget their names now) and finally got to the turret I was already like "OH MY GOD I WANT THIS TO BE OVER," and then that turret sequence at the end required timing more specific than TTFATF on Expert on Guitar Hero 3... Absolutely ridiculous, and tainted the experience.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

For the end with the turret, grab the hologram armor ability and just hide in the pack sending it out. When the final ship comes into view to be shot, send it out one more time and then run over to the turret and shoot it. It'll make that ending part a lot easier.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

Wow I have no idea how you people thought the turret part was hard on Legendary. Just shoot the ships closest to you. It's so easy.

JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " For the end with the turret, grab the hologram armor ability and just hide in the pack sending it out. When the final ship comes into view to be shot, sent it out one more time and then run over to the turret and shoot it. It'll make that ending part a lot easier. "
    Thanks man, I'll definitely try that.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Slaker117
    @xyzygy:  Really? I'm a long time Halo player and didn't think any other part of Legendary solo was particularity difficult, but that part was annoying as hell and I ended up cheesing it myself.
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @xyzygy said:
    " Wow I have no idea how you people thought the turret part was hard on Legendary. Just shoot the ships closest to you. It's so easy. "
    And then the Banshees rape you. The gun only fires fast enough to take down the ships.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Evilsbane
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:

" So here I am, losing my sanity ever so slowly, with Reach on Legendary, alone. So yeah, I'm at the very end, after countless cussing, swearing, fluids going all about the room of unethical natures, I am in the turret, shooting down the dropships. I die. Three times, seeing as I was so tired. And then, what do my eyes behold? I have been put all the way back in the beginning of the mission.  Now, am I either really going insane, or did I do something wrong? I swear to god I was suspecting a glitch like that would happen and there when it did, I almost felt like breaking my Xbox. :(  I don't think I will be playing this for a very, very long time. "

I had this happen but not on Legendary, it was actually on my first run through the game, got up to the turret but then died and BOOP right back to the beginning, My run was on Heroic so not a HUGE loss, on Legendary Solo I could understand your anger.
    mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By mshaw006
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy
    @Slaker117: Yeah, I had more problems with it on Heroic than Legendary simply because it was my first time playing. I just kept my gaze on the cliff directly in front of you where the ships come from, when a banshee comes I shoot it first because they're faster and more annoying, and when a Phantom gets close just zap it. I never died doing it on Legendary from doing this.
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Well, finished the fucker. I did what SpikeSpiegel said but without the hologram and it still worked. Just hid behind the turret itself and when the final ship came i jumped in and shot.

Good riddance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.