Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Just got my first Perfection medal !

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

Big team battle against a team that was totally garbage, they actually were shooting each other a bit for some reason, probably squabbling over weapons. It was on Hemorrhage. Our team was really dumb too, I went for the Wrath, but after 60 seconds no one picked up the sniper so I switched. Got 16 kills with it, never died. I got the final kill #75 to get my perfection, for some reason I got a kill without using the sniper. I may have DMRed a guy. Still feels pretty sweet to finally get one. I only had one in Halo 3, and I ended up hiding in the base after getting 15 just so I didn't get killed. 

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=293834826&player=TTUStudent

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Nice work, even if it sounds like you had a few jackasses in the game. I remember watching my brother getting 15 kills with no deaths only to die right before the end of the match, he was so bummed out.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jack_daniels
    @Gamer_152:  Yeah, but generally you won't get perfection against experts. Unless your playing a really douche game of holding the sniper and just taking easy cheap shots. I don't play like that.
    wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By wubb

Don't have one yet and (just checked) only have one in Halo 3.  Wow.

I believe if there is a host change in the middle of a match it spoils your perfection, similar to how it resets your current kill streak.  So, you need to be fortunate enough to not have host quit on you during your perfect run as well.  I don't think I've had a perfection spoiled in reach this way, but I have had a handful of running riot (or better) streaks dumbed down to a killing frenzy + killing streak.  Grrrr

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GTFan712

Snipers is the easiest playlist to earn a Perfection. Everyone is camping, so it's easy to sit back and pick off 15 dudes hiding in the trees. That, and a lot of players are not able to hit faces on their first shot.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Congrats.

I earned mine actually by running around and at my 11th kill I was like 'oh damn I haven't died yet!' so I took a backseat and didn't charge so much for the last kills and the rest of the match ^_^.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wubb

Just earned my first!  Slayer Pro on Rumble Pit.  Picked up a shotty after my first kill (a melee) and ran off 24 straight kills with it!  Ran for more ammo in the middle of the spree, of course.  I've had a fascination with going for shotgun sprees lately.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jack_daniels
    @wubb:  nice! I never play rumble pit, I'm too addicted to Big team battle. My ratio for BTB is 3.3. I always sprint to the wraith. I have gotten 2 rampages that way.  My K/D ratio in the wraith is 12.35. It's now my third most used weapon in the game!
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaneDev

I only got one in Halo 3 during a very tough and tense big team battle but I almost got one in Reach during a regular slayer game. I seem to get closer to it in Reach when I try. 

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wubb
    @Jack_Daniels:  Heh, pretty sweet.  I don't do much in the tanks partly because I don't feel like joining the mad rush to the tank at the beginning of every match, but I do hop in one if I notice it respawned and nobody is already running towards it.  I like trying to take down a tank on foot or rushing in on a ghost/mongoose to attempt to hijack or plant a grenade.  Usually doesn't work, feels great when it does.

Also I play mostly Rumble Pit... so no tanks.  Looks like I play about 60% Rumble Pit, 20% Big Team Battle, and 20% other.  I like playing Team Objective, but it usually has the lowest population and that makes for long wait times.
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jack_daniels
    @wubb:  You get really good at rumble pit I bet. I have the BTB maps practically memorized as to item location, choke points, etc. I probably wouldn't do that well in Rumble pit as I don't have a system down for procuring weapons.
    Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rehehelly

I have possible the biggest nerd boner right now.

Game page

Just went 27-0 in BTB on boneyard, hogged the sniper and rockets, worked well (plus after about 8 minutes 3 of their guys left so it was 4v3) .
    Oh, and the host migrated as Snoopy something betrayed me (shot me and naded me, guess he wanted the sniper) so I booted him. Didn't affect the perfection..
    wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wubb
    @Rehehelly: 
    That's interesting.  I had heard that a host change FUBARs a perfection.  Good to hear that is not the case.

If you look at your medals on that game, you have the Perfection, but no Running Riot (due to the host change.)  I imagine it is truly rare to earn a Perfection without getting at least a Running Riot.  

Bummer that you were screwed out of the Running Riot, Rampage, and Invincible medals, but that is a very enlightening game history.  I'm going to bookmark it.  :-D
    PaneInTheGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By PaneInTheGlass
    @wubb: I've had one perfection taken away by a host change, sucks. 

I just went 43-2 on BTB Breakpoint.  I was thinking about sitting back at 25 kills but we were losing badly.   

No Caption Provided
     I kind of pulled the team there didn't I?  Had to play it fast and crazy after being 27-0, and we still lost by 7. 

Would've been Perfection #5...I need to find some more Halo: Reach regulars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.