Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

So let's try this once more!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

Yesterday I asked you guys which 360 shooter was your favorite to play online. Halo Reach won, with Gears of War 3 about twelve whole percent behind it.

So, I say we all gather 'round a game of Halo Reach come this Saturday at 5:00 PM (US Eastern)! Use this to find out what this is in your own timezone.

To get into the game:

1. Send a friend request to the gamertag GiantBomb360. I'm not using my own gamertag because with this, there will be a list of everyone in one easy to find, easy to locate spot, so that anyone can more easily gather a game of something and we can use it at later dates if we play other games.
    2. After sending that friend request, wait until Saturday and at the appointed time, pop in your Halo Reach disc. The gamertag Believer258 (myself) will invite you to a game of Reach. Join that and that's all! It will be a private match, not matchmaking. If you are not playing Halo Reach, then I can only assume that you don't want to participate and I will not invite you.
    3. Unfortunately, there's only a sixteen player limit. If the game is full, then chances are that someone will have to quit soon enough (i.e. attend to other business, I'm not going to ask someone to leave). Leave the disc in, play campaign or matchmaking, and when someone leaves, I'll invite someone else to the game. Please don't bring guests - this fills up the game quicker and less Giantbombers get in. This is meant for us to play games together.
    4. The only thing you need to bring is a good attitude. Foul language isn't an issue, and a bit of celebrating after a great win isn't either, but don't be an ass. Also, I'm recommending but not requiring a mic.

If this is successful, then we can play something else the next weekend and possibly get a whole thing running. Also remember that this gamertag isn't just for me - if you want to organize a different game, then you're definitely welcome to do so. I'll check the gamertag for friend requests often enough.

If you have any questions, quote this post and I will answer it to the best of my ability in this thread.

If you're joining, leave a post on this thread. If you don't, it will die with only a few people knowing anything about it.

Finally, this is the last time I'm trying this. If no one joins, then this will have been a useless idea all along. Other people have got to put something into this to make it happen, so come on! All you've gotta do is join up!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By Justin258

No one at all? Ah, well. Worth a last try.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TentPole

Is it okay if I am awful?

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By applet0n

Believe me, I would if I could. I'm in the middle of exams right now, so it would be unfitting to dive back into gaming any time soon :/

Sorry, mate.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By drGiggless

is it ok if i only have a ps3?

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clstirens

If I still supported Xbox live, I'd sign up, but Man.... I can't keep paying them to screw me over when I have a ps3 and a gaming pc*

*Not that online services like XBL shouldn't be paid, but that I feel their service isn't worth a dime. (most "features" are even just them putting a paywall between you and your already paid for internet access.)

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By alexpiercey

I would love to do it, but I find that something always comes up whenever I try to participate in anything planned.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Never played a Halo game before, but I can definitely get in this. I just hope my cousin still has his copy, I'm sure he doesn't play it anymore.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superpow

I don't own a halo game but I would definitely try to get in on this action.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @believer258: My advice is that you set two gamenights, Saturday and Sunday, for the same game. Give people more options, especially that you're trying to get this thing off the ground. 
    Also 5 pm Eastern is waaay too early for the US. The American attendance in my PC bombing runs is at its highest at 5-6 Pacific which is 8-9 Eastern.
    Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Brother_PipPop

NO promises with a few term papers due that monday, but I would really like to get in on this. WE'll see what happens.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kermoosh

wow the timing could not have been worse, but I might be able to pop in and out

i would reschedule if anything cus a lot of people are dealing with finals, but i definitely don't want this idea to die.

we just need a group where members can be notified, the only reason i found this thread was because i creeped your profile looking for any info, lol

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Consaw

If you had it on like a Tuesday or Wednesday night I might be able to play, but with work and social commitments Saturday is just no good for me.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By david3cm

I am down sir! I am not the most experienced Reach player but am looking forward to battling it out with some fellow Bombers!

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kermoosh

@believer258: hey dude, is this thing still happening? cus I don't want this group to die

i have time to burn tomorrow so i'm looking forward to playing some halo: reach with my fellow duders for the first time

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By laserbolts

Sorry hockey game might jump on after if i'm drunk enough.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By sparklykiss

It's not as effective to have a game night if you don't have a dedicated host and game, I'm afraid. You're aiming a little high with the generic GiantBomb gamertag. This would be likely to last longer if you had it set at one day and time that can work for the most players. Saying that friends aren't allowed can't be a turn off as if you haven't even started yet. Having them bring friends and explaining the basis of your game night could help draw those people to become GB users, too.

The title for this seems pretty apathetic and could turn away new players. Just sayin'. :/

But, hey, if I'm free I'll see if I can join in for a bit. But no promises! Saturday is my busiest day of the week.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Zombie_

I'd get involved if I played Reach regularly (and wasn't fucking horrible at it).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.