Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Spartan Recon Helmet Code

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheWesman

Hey GB community.  I checked with two different moderators to see if this was ok because I wasn't sure.  I purchased a copy of Halo Reach and it came with a code for the Spartan Recon Helmet.  If you didn't get one with your copy of the game, I have 1 code to give to anyone.  So whoever sends me a private message first I guess.  This is for a u.s. copy of the game if that matters.  Also, I may have codes for other games in the future.

Also under this topic, I'd like to bring up a subject that may have already been talked about elsewhere.  Does anyone feel that DLC that gives a player an advantage in a game seem kind of silly?  I know the spartan helmet does not qualify for that, it's just decoration, but other games DO have strange bonuses.   I mean, some of it is cool, but did you see all the different ones you got from different stores for Fallout: New Vegas?  I read about the weapons and most of them are exclusive to the DLC packs, meaning you can't get them in game.  In addition, they take less damage than a normal gun during use, making them possibly more powerful and screwing up how the developers intended the beginning of the game to be played.  I don't know about you all, but for that sort of thing, I've chosen not to use them at least the first time through.  Get a feel for what they really wanted you to experience.  Ya know?

Oh well, just thought I'd share.  Happy New Year everyone!

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

I think the devs made the game with the DLC weapons at least somewhat in mind. I don't really care about items that give people an advantage in singleplayer games, but when someone gets an advantage in a multiplayer game because he bought the game at gamestop or some shit like that, it sure rustles my jimmies.

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheWesman

I think we're going to see that a lot from EA.  They already started that business with Medal of Honor...not that anyone cared a week later... but still.  there's fun stuff like decorations or extra levels and yes single player stuff for sure.  But what about games like Kane & Lynch 2 where they gave out exclusive access to multiplayer modes? or a game that gives out special multiplayer levels to preorder customers only?  Aren't the devs or publishers just shooting themselves in the foot?  The point of multiplayer is getting more people to play and they cut out that audience if they didn't buy it at Gamestop or some other specific retailer.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TheWesman said:
    " I think we're going to see that a lot from EA.  They already started that business with Medal of Honor...not that anyone cared a week later... but still.  there's fun stuff like decorations or extra levels and yes single player stuff for sure.  But what about games like Kane & Lynch 2 where they gave out exclusive access to multiplayer modes? or a game that gives out special multiplayer levels to preorder customers only?  Aren't the devs or publishers just shooting themselves in the foot?  The point of multiplayer is getting more people to play and they cut out that audience if they didn't buy it at Gamestop or some other specific retailer. "
    Stuff that does not give a super super big power up to the owner is ok. Like different skins and what not is cool. 
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

Hmmm, I have an extra code for the Flashback Map Pack from Gears 2 that I got in my GOTY edition (kinda weird they had 2 codes inside for it). Maybe I should do a similar giveaway...

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheWesman

I've got a winner for the code!  

To Enigma, I asked two different moderators first because I hated to do something that wasn't allowed or cause any problems on the message boards.  They said it was fine if I just gave it away this way.

Also, here's another code example.  I've reserved Deus Ex ONLY because I get an extra level, but in addition, I'm getting guns for it.  It'll probably be a small level, but still, this game looks interesting enough to give it a try and it's free since I reserved it.  The guns on the other hand, may give me an early advantage.  I may be getting shot at with pistols and I'm returning fire with my shiny DLC  grenade launcher.

In my opinion, a good example of someone getting this RIGHT is Rockstar with Red Dead Redemption.  You got the exclusives, but you had to EARN them in game.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @TheWesman: Too bad Rockstar fucked it up and had it split up between different retailers. 

I say if you're going to do that DLC stuff then make sure it's for anybody who pre-ordered or bought it on day one. 

And/or make it available for purchase at a reasonable price...like 5 bucks.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Azteck
    @TheWesman said:
    a good example of someone getting this RIGHT is Rockstar with Red Dead Redemption.  You got the exclusives, but you had to EARN them in game. "
    Well no, not entirely. I had the golden guns as soon as I got all my weapons back, didn't have to buy them or anything. But I might be remembering wrong?

Or do you mean guns that were exclusive to the different DLC packs that have been released?
    TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheWesman
    @Azteck said:
    " @TheWesman said:
    a good example of someone getting this RIGHT is Rockstar with Red Dead Redemption.  You got the exclusives, but you had to EARN them in game. "
    Well no, not entirely. I had the golden guns as soon as I got all my weapons back, didn't have to buy them or anything. But I might be remembering wrong?  Or do you mean guns that were exclusive to the different DLC packs that have been released? "
    Well I was referring to the different outfits in Red Dead.  I didn't make that clear. Sorry.  I still feel like the single player stuff is iffy, but multiplayer advantages undermine the entire reason for making fun multiplayer.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Teran
    @TheWesman said:

I mean, some of it is cool, but did you see all the different ones you got from different stores for Fallout: New Vegas?  I read about the weapons and most of them are exclusive to the DLC packs, meaning you can't get them in game.  In addition, they take less damage than a normal gun during use, making them possibly more powerful and screwing up how the developers intended the beginning of the game to be played.  I don't know about you all, but for that sort of thing, I've chosen not to use them at least the first time through.

I think you've been hugely misinformed about those guns.  They are slightly better versions of some of the second to lowest tier guns in Fallout: New Vegas.  I had my pre order stuff replaced within a few hours of playing the game. 

I like what they did with Halo: Reach though.  I have nearly finished with the game and am currently ranked at Colonel... once I hit brigadier and buy the helm I want to create my ideal looking Spartan I'll be able to (ironically) stop playing the game... not that I grind excessively right now... usually just hit a couple challenges a day spending ~30 minutes for some credits... sometimes I wish the various armor pieces had statistical values but I know deep down if they did then players would be a slave to meta gaming rather than creating the avatar they like most.
    TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheWesman
    @Teran said:
    " @TheWesman said:

I mean, some of it is cool, but did you see all the different ones you got from different stores for Fallout: New Vegas?  I read about the weapons and most of them are exclusive to the DLC packs, meaning you can't get them in game.  In addition, they take less damage than a normal gun during use, making them possibly more powerful and screwing up how the developers intended the beginning of the game to be played.  I don't know about you all, but for that sort of thing, I've chosen not to use them at least the first time through.

I think you've been hugely misinformed about those guns.  They are slightly better versions of some of the second to lowest tier guns in Fallout: New Vegas.  I had my pre order stuff replaced within a few hours of playing the game.  I like what they did with Halo: Reach though.  I have nearly finished with the game and am currently ranked at Colonel... once I hit brigadier and buy the helm I want to create my ideal looking Spartan I'll be able to (ironically) stop playing the game... not that I grind excessively right now... usually just hit a couple challenges a day spending ~30 minutes for some credits... sometimes I wish the various armor pieces had statistical values but I know deep down if they did then players would be a slave to meta gaming rather than creating the avatar they like most. "
    Ok.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.