Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Spartans never die, their just MIA

• 73 results
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " Game looks like shit. A skull on a helmet? How fucking original, Bungie. Stupid assholes. "
    Nice comment, idiot.  "
    Thanks. However, where am I an idiot? I like to fix my idiocy.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By big_jon

I am 
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I actively hate Halo (besides one) but that trailer had me... well... Hyped. That was for you @Jeffsekai 

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @Giantsquirrel said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" @Giantsquirrel said:
    " @Rallier said:
    " I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who saw they were extremely underwhelmed. "
    Zero hype here. Showed basically everything we knew already. I wanted gameplay. "
    You knew the engine looked exponentially better than Halo 3? "
    Was it a surprise? New game looks newer. I want to know more about the gameplay, not about the meathead characters I will spend the duration of the game wishing death upon. "
    If you expected an in engine cinematic of Halo Reach to look that good you had incredibly high expectations.  

Sure, I was disappointed of the content of the trailer, but I was blown away by the visuals.  I was also surprised by how beefy the spartans looked, almost a mix between the preivious games and gears of war.  The character design also has me wondering how the gameplay will change.  It sure would be fucking odd for those big ass thick dudes to be jumping 12 feet in the air.   
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Zereta

Bungie has repeatedly said its In-Engine Gameplay using snippet of the opening cutscene and they still stand by that. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:

" Game looks like shit. A skull on a helmet? How fucking original, Bungie. Stupid assholes. "

Skulls on helmets?  People with guns?  SPACE MARINES  HOW DARE THEY! "
    I hear you kill people in this game and drive things
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vinchenzo said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    Nice comment, idiot.  "
    Thanks. However, where am I an idiot? I like to fix my idiocy. "
    Sorry. He was wrong. You weren't being an idiot. You were being an asshole.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#58  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    Nice comment, idiot.  "
    Sorry. He was wrong. You weren't being an idiot. You were being an asshole. "
    There you go.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Brendan
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    Nice comment, idiot.  "

I'm gonna have to jump on the train here.  If you dislike Halo and don't like Bungie, then there was zero reason for you to enter this thread except to rile people up.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By stephengotlost

The armor designs reminded me of the early shots from Huxley.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Gabriel said:

" Looked Pretty good, but it was a fairly boring trailer and i couldn't tell which one was master chief, I think Geoff might have over hyped it a little bit unless he saw something we didn't. "

there is no master chief in this game...  
    @Gahzoo
    said:

" I did hear it would play a lot more like Halo: CE, which, in my opinion, was the only good Halo.   "

They say that every time. They said the magnum in ODST would be like the CE pistol. It was powerful, but unless i can 3shot people in the head with a pistol, or any other precision weapon really, it won't stack up to CE. Oh, and they need the totally awesome maps that they haven't been able to match in quality, like Prisoner, Damnation, and Chill Out (and no, the H3 remake of Chill out was not the same). that being said, i did buy Halo 3 and play through ODST, so this would be worth it even if they couldn't live up to the godliness that is H:CE. Would be nice if they stepped things up/got lucky and made the multiplayer simpler (no brute shots, SMGs, etc., better maps (H:CE-like maps. Don't mind something original, but not the crap that got into H3, like High ground and Valhalla).  

Also, is the gun on the back of the guy's armor in the beginning of the trailer a new gun or a BR? Couldn't really tell because i watched it in low quality (PS3s downloading the dante's inferno demo, lol)

@Jeffsekai said:

" . They, like in the books, have there own unique armor which just added to my excitement to this game. I "  

I don't remember them having individualized armor. On the Fall of Reach cover they're all in the H:CE MJOLNIRs, and the only other armor (besides the Spartan-III armor) that we've seen is for that black ops squad, and theirs were the same, but all black. I'd like to believe you're right, but I just dont remember this. Also, it's been awhile since I read Fall of reach, but i think they'd need to make adaptations to the original to have more gameplay/levels. Also a lot of the action sequences were the spartans just being pro and killing thousands of grunts, which wouldn't translate well into a shooter.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @DystopiaX: For some reason I remember what i said being true but i havnt read the book is so long, I might have mixed up individual traits ( Sniper, Close Combat etc..) with them also having armor. Either way you get the idea.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @DystopiaX: For some reason I remember what i said being true but i havnt read the book is so long, I might have mixed up individual traits ( Sniper, Close Combat etc..) with them also having armor. Either way you get the idea. "
    I definitely think it's the traits. Kelly was supposed to be super fast, Linda was a pro sniper, etc. 
    I don't think that the individualized armor is a bad concept though, it would have been weird to see dozens of master chiefs kicking the shit out of the covenant...no wait, that would have been COMPLETELY BADASS. 
    I hope they pull an Infinity Ward and bring us amazing moments (like watching the nuke go off in CoD4). Cinematics like that, only better because the Spartans are capable of so much more. 

I think the armor is more of a distinguishing between characters (if they're going to make it a squad based story) and so that microsoft can make monies by printing their likelinesses onto t-shirts, action figures, etc. Not that i'm complaining. If the MP lets you customize your character to a greater extent than Halo 3, like painting your faceplate like the guy in the trailer, or custom paintjobs, etc., then i'd be happy. If they really wanted to go the extra mile they'd do something like Forza and let you share your custom paintjobs, but either way the individualized armor would look pretty cool.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Giantsquirrel
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
     If you expected an in engine cinematic of Halo Reach to look that good you had incredibly high expectations.    Sure, I was disappointed of the content of the trailer, but I was blown away by the visuals.  I was also surprised by how beefy the spartans looked, almost a mix between the preivious games and gears of war.  The character design also has me wondering how the gameplay will change.  It sure would be fucking odd for those big ass thick dudes to be jumping 12 feet in the air.    "
    I had zero expectations, as I could give fuck-all about a new Halo game. I didn't say I expected it, that's just what I wanted to see.

Regardless, I'll definitely play it when it comes out. I just won't give it a blowie until it does.
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vinchenzo said:
    " @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    Nice comment, idiot.  "
    There you go. "
    Happy to clear things up.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By big_jon
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    Nice comment, idiot.  "

You do sound like an Idiot.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By big_jon

I loved that trailer
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Babble

I'm sure the game will turn out well, but I wasn't that excited by the trailer. As we see more of the game I'm sure that will change.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69  Edited By calidan777

Bungie has the Reach trailer up on their site in several varieties, check 'em out.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By TheGreatGuero

They fly like paper, get high like planes?

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mourne

The graphics and animation are quite impressive, actually.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By Belonpopo

Duder...yes Halo Forever!!!
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By Manatassi
    @big_jon said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    Nice comment, idiot.  "
    You do sound like an Idiot. "
    I think we already established Asshole not idiot :) 

Unless its a hybrid form?  

Assdiot? 
    Idiole? 

Anyway.....     The trailer was too short on details. I really want to see something in game before I call it on the Graphics, Damn exited about the game however :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.