Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Today, my Reach campaign data disappeared

Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By MightyMayorMike
    tl;dr version:  Booted up, no game data, now I've got to start all over.

Friends, I hope this hasn't happened to any of you: logging into Reach today it treated me like I had no game save data at all. I didn't lose any credits (at least, not that I can see), and all my armory unlocks were still purchased (though reset so everything in the armor appeared new). I backed out and tried going back in, but no dice, it still showed everything as reset.

Worst of all, all my campaign progress is lost. As someone who played through solo on legendary (after two previous playthroughs) and almost completed legendary on co-op, this represents two dozen hours or so of play wiped out by a bug. Thank goodness I got all the achievements, I guess, but this will make those daily, mission-specific challenges a pain.

I haven't decided what my next step is. What can ya do, really? I just got a new hard drive, and now I'm wondering if this is just a bug with Reach, or if I have to worry about my hard drive randomly dropping saves. Pretty terrible place to be!

As for playing through the campaign again, I just don't know if I feel up to it. Especially if the data is just going to up and disappear again. I've poked around on the web and there seems to be others experiencing this, but no one has figured out how or why.
    Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MightyMayorMike
    tl;dr version:  Booted up, no game data, now I've got to start all over.

Friends, I hope this hasn't happened to any of you: logging into Reach today it treated me like I had no game save data at all. I didn't lose any credits (at least, not that I can see), and all my armory unlocks were still purchased (though reset so everything in the armor appeared new). I backed out and tried going back in, but no dice, it still showed everything as reset.

Worst of all, all my campaign progress is lost. As someone who played through solo on legendary (after two previous playthroughs) and almost completed legendary on co-op, this represents two dozen hours or so of play wiped out by a bug. Thank goodness I got all the achievements, I guess, but this will make those daily, mission-specific challenges a pain.

I haven't decided what my next step is. What can ya do, really? I just got a new hard drive, and now I'm wondering if this is just a bug with Reach, or if I have to worry about my hard drive randomly dropping saves. Pretty terrible place to be!

As for playing through the campaign again, I just don't know if I feel up to it. Especially if the data is just going to up and disappear again. I've poked around on the web and there seems to be others experiencing this, but no one has figured out how or why.
    iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iKANNIBAL

Sucks man, i'm having issues myself booted up the game and for some reason i can't get into Matchmaking? it just says "Loading" on the playlist slot and i can't actualy select a playlist to play it just keeps saying "Playlist data pending download" and it just stays there, the fuck? I like bungie but this Matchmaking shit is really starting to annoy. It also says "Data currently unavailable" on all my friends spartan profiles in lobby.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

Damn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.