Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Who else thinks the final mission on legendary is impossible?

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thejamster

I have been stuck on a part where you fight 2 hunters and a bunch of jackels, i have tried running around them and there is no where to go has anyone got passed this cause currently this difficulty is ruining the game for me

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I don't even want to think of fighting Hunters on Legendary. I'm honestly scared to even attempt playing the first level on legendary. The game was so friggin hard on Heroic. Friggin elites and Hunters made it impossible in some situations.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

I beat it, it was hard.
    EvilAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By EvilAl

Man Fuck that last mission on legendary I must have died 100 times trying to clear it. 

I got past the hunters by just running around head shotting the jackles till they were all dead and then got lucky as one of the hunters got stuck attacking the marines behind the window which let me circle strafe the other to victory with the shotgun.  Also my AI buddy was no help he just hid in a corner until they were dead. :(

On a related note could have done with far fewer waves of baddies coming at you in the final area and maybe less sucky weapons placed there.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies

I brought a full rocket launcher with me in anticipation of that encounter. It's do-able without that, but you have to play it real conservative. I recommend picking up the Armor Lock so you can survive the Fuel Rods if the hunters shoot at you. Make sure you pick off all the skirmishers before engaging the hunters. Usually Emile will draw one off, leaving you to duel the other. There is a shotgun outside the entrance to that area which I recommend taking- shotgunning the Hunters in the back does significant damage. There are also two frag grenades outside that area which are useful.

Overall just BE CONSERVATIVE, try to separate the Hunters and only fight them one on one.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By NickNorman

I took out those hunters jumping back and forth with a shotgun and a few grenades, because that's all I had left. I think I had to melee them a few times, too. 

If you think this part is tough, wait until the last few checkpoints. Almost no weapons, and you have to fight wave after wave of Covenant, then back inside with some Elites and and Engineer. The last four or five checkpoints took me a good two hours, thanks to one bad checkpoint I eventually went further back from, and learning the timing on the final part. Good luck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna:  Omg I agree, heroic is kicking my ass, from elites with plasma and gauss cannons just one shot me.
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thejamster

finally beat it after re loading a save and working slowly then it didn't count for beating the game and it says i haven't played the final mission because i re started half way through so I'm at it again

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @thejamster: I think there's a spartan laser in the room near the foundry just before the area with the hunters
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scullinator

It took me 3 hours to finish it on heroic.  I dont even want to think about legendary yet. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scullinator:  I finally just beat it on heroic, pretty much died over 20 times from the hunters to the mac gun to the defending platform.
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Playing through Legendary solo and I am completely stuck on the final MAC gun part right now. No matter what I do those damn Phantoms and Banshees always overwhelm me! Does anyone have any tips? 

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wasara88
    @TheCreamFilling: I know it sounds lame but you just need to die a few times to know which ones to destroy first.

1. Destroy Banshees as soon as you see them (usually come from the left,behind the cliffs).
    2. The phantom that comes behind you from the left needs to be destroyed ASAP or it will damage you and kill you
    3. Also the Phantom that comes front and center should be destroyed quickly the Phantoms that come where banshees come (left behind the cliffs) take the longest to reach you and should be the last ones to take down.
    Hope this helps
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

So far on legendary, I've melee'd all of the hunters.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scullinator
    @TheCreamFilling:   You can do what I did on Heroic and hide out till Keyees yells to shoot the ship.  I also saw a video where a guy used a spartan lazer to shoot the ship.  Not sure where he picked up the lazer in that level.
    gave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By gave1

haven't tried yet, but this game seems more difficult than any of the previous ones

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GTFan712

I was having trouble at the same part. Once you kill the Elites and Grunts in the area, you can drive the truck up to the ledge of the hill. Jump on top of the truck and up onto the hill. Then sneak up towards the AA Gun and destroy it before alerting the Hunters. Done.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCreamFilling
    @gave1 said:
    " haven't tried yet, but this game seems more difficult than any of the previous ones "
    I think Halo 2 has, by far, the hardest Legendary. Those Jackal snipers... they're a nightmare! 

@Scullinator
    said:
    " @TheCreamFilling:   You can do what I did on Heroic and hide out till Keyees yells to shoot the ship.  I also saw a video where a guy used a spartan lazer to shoot the ship.  Not sure where he picked up the lazer in that level. "
    Yeah, I figured that little trick out finally. Also, I found two Spartan lasers on the level, I forget where, but I remember having one in the cave full of Drones and another is sitting in the frigate in the boneyard. 
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thejamster

finally beat it just by taking it slow and working my way through, the part with the mac gun at the end was just annoying 

Sa1d1n69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sa1d1n69

Its not too bad.. .when you get the Spartan Laser that is leaning up against the wall, save it.  Go to your left and up the ramp to the next building. Dont even fight anything.  Pretty much run to the next section where the Elites have the Dual Pistols. (Foundry?)  From here I killed everything except the elites then used the hologram to side track them to go into the underneath section and ran by them.  I grabbed the Shotgun from the platform where the Hunters are at the top of the stairs then hid under the stairs.  The elites come after you and you EASILY take them out with the shotgun as they try to kill you under the stairs.  Once that is done go back and health up and swap the hologram for the sprint and go back to the hunters, Two laser blasts to Each hunter take them down right away.  Piece of cake.  Just takes patience.   The next section is actually harder :-) 

Also if anyone has issues with the Hunters on Level 3 that is easy as well.  Make sure you don't destroy all the Revnants.  When you press the switch to open up the blast sheild get a revnanat and back it up to the cement pilings then Jump the Gauss Warthog over the Revnant.  You can just park in front of the entrance and Gauss the Hunters.  They won't even shoot at you.

xOPtimUsZErOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xOPtimUsZErOx

its possible i beat the entire campaign on legendary solo so believe me it is possible my gamertag is xOPtimUsZErOx if anyone wants to add me 

ShadowXBL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShadowXBL

get the hologram.  They'll run after it, then you can get 1-2 shots in the back on the hunters.  Rinse, repeat.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Malakhii
    @Sa1d1n69: On level3 I just waited, until the you have to clear the area for the falcon, then pushed the hunters off the ciliff with the revenant, It felt very rewarding.  

I'm not yet up to the last level, I haven't had much time recently to play, but I'm not looking forward to it. 
    Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hammerjelly

The end part of Pillar of Autumn isn't too bad. Just stay away from where the dropships land and shoot everything in the face. You know what your'e going to have to face so be conservative w/ your ammo and back track for any DMR ammo when you can. I entered that fight w/ a full DMR and a mostly full Needle Rifle. There is also a cache of DMR's on the left side behind the building. I never saw it the first time, but it made this part much easier. 

Also one of the Chieftains drops a plasma rocket launcher thing that is pretty handy against those 4 Red Elites.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azteck

I did it so.. not impossible. No. Not that hard once you get into the groove.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EVO

I finished it on Legendary last night. The bit I had trouble with the most was right before you hop in the cannon, with the 4 red elites. I went in with barely any DMR rounds, a plasma grenade launcher, and I died about 50 times before I beat those sons of bitches. It came down to just getting lucky with checkpoints, as there's no way I could've beaten more than 2 without dying.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Samaritan

Well, I did it after an hour and a half of throwing myself at the rocks. So no, it's not impossible, it's just incredibly, incredibly difficult. Always remember:

"Inch by inch, Halo's a cinch. Yard by yard, Halo's hard."

Just take your time with it and you'll eventually work your way to the end.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Shadow

Use the hologram to trick them into turning their back to you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.