Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Why the FUCK can I not boot people on my team how betray me ?

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

I had the sniper, my teammate on big team battle wanted it. He beat me down, betrayed me and took it. I got no option to boot. I go and kill him for taking it, and I get booted. Where is the fucking justice.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jack_Daniels said:
    " I had the sniper, my teammate on big team battle wanted it. He beat me down, betrayed me and took it. I got no option to boot. I go and kill him for taking it, and I get booted. Where is the fucking justice. "
    Might just be a bug. 
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

They modified the game in the last month to change the booting system back to Halo 3's booting policy. There were a lot of complaints before that about people getting too easily kicked from games for one easily misplaced grenade that their team-mates would run into and that kind of thing.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

...why didn't you just give him the gun?

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By EightBitShik

That's exactly what happened they really need to make it 2. I understand one but a two is just someone being dumb. 

Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Icadae

Rocketfight. 'Nuff said.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wubb

I think it should be 2 strikes per player, and maybe 1 strike and you're out for a betrayal within the first 15-30 seconds of a match.  I think currently after so many betrayals in a match, it starts letting people boot whether or not it is your first betrayal personally.  Still, it's better now than it was prior to the change IMO.  It was almost to the point where I wouldn't throw sticky grenades or hop in a tank.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

Some guy on my team was griefing me for an entire game, and I could do nothing about it.  I share your pain.
    Verit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Verit

Walking distance from map starting spawn on Paradiso:

Banshee:

[----------------------------------]

Plasma Pistol:

[-------]

Jetpackers get plasma pistol spammed until they slide downhill into the water and die a non-betrayal booting death.

Verit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Verit

I will say that it is absolutely retarded when a teammate straight beats you down but you don't get the boot option while they get to boot you. Absolutely retarded. I've had the same thing happen to me too with sniper rifles.

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Obsidian

I've noticed that this seems to be infinitely more common in Halo games than any other I've tried.  I wonder why that is...

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Obsidian said:

" I've noticed that this seems to be infinitely more common in Halo games than any other I've tried.  I wonder why that is... "

Halo is the only game where it actively allows me to do betrayals and accidental betrayals also happen because the game is more team focussed.
    There's been many a time where I sniped an enemy only to also take my team mate down because he was just coming up behind him.
    Or when you make a cool sliding with the warthog and discover the remains of 4 teammates under your tires.

In games like Modern Warfare 2 I sometimes wondered if I was alone, as everybody was either camping corners or sniping on a roof.
    Not saying that doesn't happen in Halo, as many snipers who exploit their way up the rocks in the Blood Gulch remake map have made me leave several games.

Funny story, Invasion Slayer.
    We (me and 3 others) capture a spawn point, the timer counts down, we expect weapon goodies, we got a tank, on our heads.

And I got a triple betrayal since a tank spawning above us and crushing us was somehow my fault.

Basics: The system ain't perfect, be a sport and don't betray anyone, ever, no matter what they do, in the end you'll get booted and you're the one without exp.
    wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wubb

Read a suggestion on b.net - a betrayed player doesn't drop their weapons.  Interesting idea that would remove the motivation to be a jerk and betray to get the sniper.  

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By nintendoeats

I think that I am turning into the local CS superiority dick.

in CS you get a bunch of options for what you can do to betrayers. I usually drug, which messes up the players view until the next round, but there are lots of options which really depend on how much the guy pissed you off. none of them are kicking, that requires an admin or a vote.

So a severity level option like that would make alot of sense. Accident? Kill the guys shields or something. Deliberate? Slay and 15 second wait out period.

Having said all this, deliberate TKing doesn't happen very often in CS. Its way too team focused.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By SunKing

Well, CS is a better designed multiplayer experience than Reach, so... 

N.B. I like Reach; it's multiplayer is so fucked up, though.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By big_jon

Because being booted for one betrayal is pretty stupid if it is an accident.
    wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By wrathofconn
    @big_jon: You can still get booted for one betrayal if it's later in a game. I don't think this system is awful, people should just realize that booting someone when you stand on their grenade hurts the team's chances.

It's also hilarious that almost all of the little pre-game tips are about why you shouldn't quit games.
    iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iKANNIBAL

I love Reach, but yea the betrayal shit is kinda ridiculous for a game like Halo? accidental kills were expected, for example i was the top player on my team, i throw a plasma grenade in a hallway trying to kill the 3 guys in there right as i throw the grenade one of my goddamn teammates runs infront of my throwing path as the grenade is releasing i betray him and he boots me. 

The reason this feature doesn't work is because its not like this is PC gaming its console gaming and you're playing with various different people others don't have as much courtesy. I was betrayed 6 TIMES atleast in one session and i forgave every single one of them because personaly i think its stupid to kick good players on your team just for an accident, if anything it hurts the chances of your team winning.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rockdalf

Are you kidding, I point blank sniped a motherfucker on my team just for ghosting me in Team Slayer cause I got the sniper rifle first.  That's why you play with your friends.  If he had the option to boot me, I would've just taken the two friends on my team with me and he would've had the honor of playing a game by himself.  It's worth getting booted just to give out a little justice for dumbasses who don't play fair.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stinky
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...why didn't you just give him the gun? "
    whats the point in playing with others if you don't get your way? 
    wait...
    iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iKANNIBAL

Ha! here's a good one, you don't even have to physicaly leave the game to be banned, the server could crash or your 360 could freeze and then BANNED....wtf.

KaptinOrsim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaptinOrsim

I get the same problem when playing Living Dead on various maps, especially Sword Base. The tunnel with the vent is an adequate camping spot and decent for kills but there are occasionally people who, for no reason, betray you just for fun, or they hit you, wait  for your shields to regenerate then hit you again etc or just shoot you and camp for themselves. Somehow they manage to kill about 6 people who get in the tunnel and not get booted.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By Castiel

@Obsidian said:

I've noticed that this seems to be infinitely more common in Halo games than any other I've tried. I wonder why that is...

Because it's on the xbox?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By big_jon

@KaosAngel said:

...why didn't you just give him the gun?

No.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.