Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

Halo:MCC - Reach - PC E3 2019 Gameplay Demo.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's looking pretty damn good so far, well when you ignore the youtube compression.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Excited to see it on the Xbox One X. Reach is a great game. The game was a good looking game, but I am curious if they do away with the pretty overused motion blur.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not one to join hype trains, but I'm all aboard this Halo hype train.

@ntm said:

Excited to see it on the Xbox One X. Reach is a great game. The game was a good looking game, but I am curious if they do away with the pretty overused motion blur.

Or have an option on PC to toggle it on and off.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

How do you have video this bad to show off your video game in 2019?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@liquiddragon:

Loading Video...

Same demo, less video compression.

Better?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@facelessvixen: Thank you for that, the audio on that IGN rip was unbearable.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I just started up Reach again on 360 a few days ago and had to stop; 30fps and motion blur made the campaign unplayable for me. I re-watched the Reach analysis on Digital Foundry and the game seemed to run really well, so maybe it's because I haven't played a 30fps shooter in a while. I found the story and writing painful, also, even though so many people thought it was incredible. Still no clue why, but am going to give it another fair shot on PC!

Edit: it sounds like I'm shitting on it, but I loved the gameplay when it came out, great fun. Just to clarify.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cikame

@brunothethird: I'm with you, i've disliked the story in every Halo game but always checked them out due to their incredible reviews. Gameplay wise i enjoyed the outdoor environments, but feel like every entry after the first lost a little bit of the magic... though it might be because i played the PC port of the first game, i think mouse control helped alleviate the spongeyness of Halo's gameplay.
    I also never got used to the stupid, stupid idea of lowering the crosshair, it goes in the center of the screen for a reason, so i'm happy to see they put it much closer to the center for the PC version.

Despite my complaints i will be checking it out, i'm curious to see if frame rate and mouse control are the keys to me enjoying Halo games past the first, also first person shooters are so few and far between these days, especially ones with campaigns.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@cikame: I believe they intend to have centered crosshair as an optional toggle on the PC version of MCC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.