Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Chronicle the classic adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

Question On Accessing the Halo 5 Beta

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So I will be picking up an Xbox One with my Christmas money tomorrow. One of the games I am wanting to pick up is the Master Chief Collection, and starting tomorrow Gamestop has used games and hardware buy 2 get 1 free. Do I need a new copy of the Master Chief Collection to be able to get into the Halo 5 beta or is it one of those "if you have the discs you can access the beta" things. Just curious. Thanks!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Looks like it's tied to having the game. There's an Extras menu that has Halo 5 beta grayed out right now.

I don't recall a beta code I had to enter but don't quote me on that.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: No problem! Thanks for some bit of clarification. I knew in the past on the 360 it was having the disc for stuff like this, but just thought I'd see what the Duders were saying. Thanks!

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'll confirm. It's just the game. I got a brand new copy today, and the insert says that you just go to the Extras screen. No codes provided.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mbradley1992: Wasnt Jeff stating that it was console specific or some crazyness like that on the last UPF. Like if you use it on one console the beta is locked to that console and wont work anywhere else just by swapping the disc?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: I hope not! I bought a used copy today :p I guess I can always contact Microsoft Customer Support and see? I went used simply to take advantage of Gamestop's buy 2 get 1 free used game sale: got Master Chief Collection, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse. Mostly, I got the last 2 to save money and they seemed fun enough.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@rethla: He was talking about the beta preview which was active last weekend. You needed an invite for that and it was attached to a specific console and account. You shouldn't have to worry about all that with the upcoming beta which you can access through the Master Chief Collection.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.