Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Halo 2013

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

There's a Halo game every year (well, 2 in '09).  What do you all think is coming next year?

Since I fully expect Halo 5 to be a next gen thing in a couple years, does Halo 2 Anniversary seem like the plan for 2013?  Something should get slotted in there during the transition (show off 2 again, then show how 5 is leagues beyond it).  CE Anniversary got a decent reception and the integration into Reach's MP didn't fragment the community.  2 is my least favorite in the series, but it had some good multiplayer maps and could look pretty nice without the Xbox 1 muddiness.

Halo Wars 2 probably won't happen, but 343 also talked about trying out new genres.  Maybe a full scale action RPG that explains all the background lore for the common folks?  That would be pretty smart, I'd say.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

If they do a Halo 2 anniversary and release a bunch of Halo 2 maps for use in Halo 4, like what they did with CE and Reach i would be excited for that. Halo 2 has some of my favorite maps in any game.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Samaritan

Halo 2 Anniversary seems like a reasonable assumption. It fits in well between Halo 4 and Halo 5, it's something that can be done with a smaller team, it can tie in well with Halo 4's multiplayer with bringing back fan-favorite maps.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Halo 2 Anniversary would be cool, in a Halo 4 Type Engine, It had a great art style and very ambitious. 2014 though for the 10th anniversary. Maybe they will skip because the nex gen titles, hoping for Alan Wake 2 IDK why

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

I definitely want to see a version of Halo 2 that works well. The original has a lot of pop in and is sub HD, on the 360 it has ghosting issues, and the PC port is a turd that has to run on top of GFWL. I want to play that game without those issues.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By csl316

2 does seem like the obvious choice, but I think for more people to get into the fiction a genre that's a better vehicle for deep stories should be the next step.  Or I always thought a 3rd person DMC sort of game would be interesting because Spartans can do some crazy shit.  Of course, playing a slower FPS afterwards would feel kind of tame in comparison.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YOU_DIED

Wait, people liked Halo 2?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YOU_DIED said:

Wait, people liked Halo 2?

Only bad people.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Halo Wars 2! 

A boy can dream...

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

I'd be more interested in a smaller, more focused downloadable title of some kind. Maybe a bit more experimental with the brand as they flesh out the (mostly horrendous) new story.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By pbhawks45

Those first three missions in Halo 2 are still some of the most magical moments I had in gaming. I liked Halo 2 a lot, but man, those Earth missions. MAN.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SuperWristBands

I would buy the shit out of a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. I didn't buy Halo :CE: AE or Halo 4 but I'd totally pay them money to replay a game that I already have on the xbox and PC. Not even being sarcastic. Halo 2 is the Halo game for me. The one I played the most, played the campaign many times over with friends and copious amounts of shotgun/sword or infection matches with friends. I'd totally play it again with a new coat of paint and some new bonus stuff thrown in there.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Im guessing Halo 4 HD. I think alot of games will get rereleased like AC3, ME Trilogy, GTA V.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moffattron9000

Halo CE Anniversary came out 10 years after the original halo, so realistically a Halo 2 Anniversary would most likely come out in 2014, and even if it comes out next year the impending consoles would make it 720 exclusive instead of the maps making it to Halo 4.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm not sure your base premise of Halo being an annual franchise really holds up, at least not in the same way that something like CoD is an annual franchise. Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo CE Anniversary might have the word "Halo" in the title, but it's hard to consider them full on entries. Halo is more of an every 2-3 year sort of franchise.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By csl316
    @Chaser324 said:

I'm not sure your base premise of Halo being an annual franchise really holds up, at least not in the same way that something like CoD is an annual franchise. Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo CE Anniversary might have the word "Halo" in the title, but it's hard to consider them full on entries. Halo is more of an every 2-3 year sort of franchise.

But they're all Halo games.  Not main line, but still Halo games in a franchise.  The fact that there's some variety does separate it from something like CoD.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chrissedoff

Halo 2's campaign isn't really everyone's cup of tea and revisiting Halo 2's multiplayer sounds pretty unexciting in 2013. I don't see any point in a Halo 2 Anniversary. That doesn't mean they won't do it just to have a new Halo game out in a year's time, but I don't think it's a particularly good idea. I say this, of course, as if I wouldn't buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.