Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

If you read the books, do not buy Evolutions: volume 2.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mattjam3000

I cannot believe this. I finally get the book, sit down and start reading. This story seems familiar. Yep, this is the same god damn mother fucking book. Infact this book is missing a few of the stories from the first Evolutions. How the fuck can they call this volume 2..... So beware, if you have read Evolutions, do not buy volume 2 as its a lie, and is infact the same book. If you have read neither, buy the first one as it has more stories and the ones they took out for 2 are the best ones (buy Eric Nylund.)

Rant over

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I'll keep in mind not to dig too deep into the Halo extended universe.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mattjam3000

@TooWalrus said:

I'll keep in mind not to dig too deep into the Halo extended universe.

Actually a lot of the fiction is very well written and very interesting. I think if your even mildly interest you should read the books by Eric Nylund, a he is a very good writer. I am just super pissed becuase to any normal human being these look like 2 seperate books, yet contain the same content.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NickL

according to amazon, evolutions volume 1 and volume 2 are just the original halo evolutions book split into two editions.

Which makes sense, you rarely find a mass market paperback that is 800 pages long (which this would be if they were one book)

Looks like this is your own fault to me...

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattjam3000
    mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mattjam3000

However going into amazon and reading the reviews I can see other people have made the same mistake. So in part it is my fault for not researching, however I still stand by the fact this is false advertising, very misleading.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By NickL

@mattjam3000: I guess better wording would be part 1 and part 2, but that would only be slightly better imo.

I can't think of another example where they split a book into two parts right now so I don't know what the usual wording is.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattjam3000

@NickL said:

@mattjam3000: I guess better wording would be part 1 and part 2, but that would only be slightly better imo.

I can't think of another example where they split a book into two parts right now so I don't know what the usual wording is.

Your right, however there are infact now 3 editions. I have the origional which contains parts 1 and part 2 as you put it, so this just adds to the confusion, if anything they should remove the first copy from sale. The only reason for splitting it up into 2 books like this is money grabbing.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mattjam3000

So for the last 3 months ive been 6th in line at my library for Game of Thrones, still 6th. I have given up and ordered books 1-4 on amazon. Might as make use of this Amazon Prime free month. Nearly 3 am now, I should be in bed reading new intersting short stories from the Halo universe, but instead im making pointless rage posts on the internet....

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By blueduck

Fall of Reach and the Halo books were the only good ones. I read a little bit after that and it got awful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.