Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

What a Fail

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AthleticShark

I am sorry, but this just shows how reporters or columnists often have no idea about the material they are writing's about, and most often then not it has to do with video games.

In this yahoo list of video game characters who have never spoken, some interesting characters make the list. 

Now this list was made to showcase the fact that Dead Space's Issac Clark now has a voice..which is great considering the fact there are too many silent protaganists now a day's. 

So in case you are too lazy to look at the list, I will tell you how it is a fail. According to yahoo, Master Chief has never spoken in a  Halo game. That's right kids, Master Chief has never ever spoken a word...oh wait, HE HAS! Dumbasses...

Along with that apparently the straight block from Tetris is a silent hero. They put that in for shits and giggles, but as far as I am concerned, they should actually play some of the games they talk about.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AthleticShark

I am sorry, but this just shows how reporters or columnists often have no idea about the material they are writing's about, and most often then not it has to do with video games.

In this yahoo list of video game characters who have never spoken, some interesting characters make the list. 

Now this list was made to showcase the fact that Dead Space's Issac Clark now has a voice..which is great considering the fact there are too many silent protaganists now a day's. 

So in case you are too lazy to look at the list, I will tell you how it is a fail. According to yahoo, Master Chief has never spoken in a  Halo game. That's right kids, Master Chief has never ever spoken a word...oh wait, HE HAS! Dumbasses...

Along with that apparently the straight block from Tetris is a silent hero. They put that in for shits and giggles, but as far as I am concerned, they should actually play some of the games they talk about.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Master Chief has a great voice, he's no Solid Snake, but he's up there in my favorites. Now I know we saw Issac's face at the end of Dead Space 1, but I thought I remember him speaking a few lines, too...

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

When the Master Chief asked me if I missed him, I swooned. Never leave me again MC.

But yeah, that is a pretty big oversight on their part. Oh well, what can ya do?

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By danimal_furry

Maybe they meant another Halo character. And I thought Link had some voice bubble action in one of those games.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Damn, that's just terribad games journalism.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I cringe when MC talks... he can only say one-liners. He's almost as bad as Nathan Drake whenever he opens his mouth. Anything Drake says is a variation of, "Uh oh! This is bad!" 

But yeah that is pretty fail for saying that he doesn't talk. Did he talk in the first game? I can't remember.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tebbit
    @xyzygy said:
    " I cringe when MC talks... he can only say one-liners. He's almost as bad as Nathan Drake whenever he opens his mouth. Anything Drake says is a variation of, "Uh oh! This is bad!"  But yeah that is pretty fail for saying that he doesn't talk. Did he talk in the first game? I can't remember. "
    Really? I think Nathan Drake is far more charismatic than Master Chief. At least he has the propensity for idle banter. MC has no capacity for that!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @Tebbit said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " I cringe when MC talks... he can only say one-liners. He's almost as bad as Nathan Drake whenever he opens his mouth. Anything Drake says is a variation of, "Uh oh! This is bad!"  But yeah that is pretty fail for saying that he doesn't talk. Did he talk in the first game? I can't remember. "
    Really? I think Nathan Drake is far more charismatic than Master Chief. At least he has the propensity for idle banter. MC has no capacity for that! "
    Oh well yeah he's a lot more charismatic, simply because he talks more. Master Chief isn't really the talking type but when he does talk it's just smart little comments to Cortana.
    Avatar image for thevideohustler
    TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheVideoHustler
    @xyzygy:
    Yeah but I thought that worked for his character
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I didn't know he talked

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.