Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

Burger Review: Wendy's Ciabatta Bacon Cheesburger

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    No Caption Provided

The Ciabatta Bacon Cheeseburger is the latest "limited time" burger from Wendy's. They've been trying to class it up over the last year with new, better-looking sandwiches, but this is assuredly one of the best burgers they've concocted so far. I hit the drive-thru last weekend and saw the promo sign and thought "hmm, that looks good". And it was good. Surprisingly good. Good enough for me go back and get another one a week and half later. I've always thought that Wendy's had some of the best burgers out of all the major chains, but this was even more than I was expecting. For one, it actually resembles something close to what it's pictured as in the commercials, which is something that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

The Ciabatta bun certainly helps this, as it is fluffy but still strong enough to hold the sandwich together and look appetizing. The other unconventional ingredients do a lot to elevate the quality above their other offerings, with applewood-smoked bacon, oven-roasted tomatoes, asiago cheese, and a leafy spring mix, all topped off with a delicious rosemary garlic sauce that compliments the other ingredients nicely. It looks and tastes like something that you would get at a real sit-down restaurant and offers something different than their competitors. I think this burger represents the most effort they've put into anything new in quite some time, and I really would like to see it become a mainstay.

The single-patty burger sells for about $4.79 on its own (I believe it's a little more by me), but has the option of double or triple patties.
    Whether you're rolling through the drive-thru totally shitfaced at 1 a.m. not caring what you put inside you, or you're looking for a legitimately good burger experience, I would highly recommend giving this one a shot before it's gone.

5 out of 5.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Good enough for me go back and get another one a week and half later.

Are you from the future?

A delicious hamburger future is a future we can all be proud of.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

5 out of 5? I thought it was pretty shit to be honest. Maybe it depends on the franchise. When I tried one the ciabatta bun wasn't all that fresh, the rosemary-garlic sauce and cheese didn't have a whole lot of flavor, and the whole burger was small and cheap looking, so minus points for presentation too.

Note that I am not a fast-food snob and am not comparing this to a "real" burger you'd get at a sports bar or something. I just don't see why I would order it even over a couple jr bacon cheeseburgers.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

needs pics

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Thanks for the review. You've inspired me to write a review for Buffalo Wild Wings' new Sriracha wings for a limited time. Don't know if I have the time to write the review though.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I find this review helpful.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That looks pretty tasty, except all the veggies and junk. I'd go pick one up, but they always mess up my order so I won't go there anymore.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JZ

Ooh that looks good

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By brutushayesosu

the Black Label Bacon Portabella sandwich was one my favs. Wish they would bring it back.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onekillwonder_ said:

Good enough for me go back and get another one a week and half later.

Are you from the future?

A delicious hamburger future is a future we can all be proud of.

By "last weekend", I meant two Saturdays ago. I had the second one today so, like a day short of a week and a half. Sue me.

needs pics

There is one.

@nasar7 said:

5 out of 5? I thought it was pretty shit to be honest. Maybe it depends on the franchise. When I tried one the ciabatta bun wasn't all that fresh, the rosemary-garlic sauce and cheese didn't have a whole lot of flavor, and the whole burger was small and cheap looking, so minus points for presentation too.

Note that I am not a fast-food snob and am not comparing this to a "real" burger you'd get at a sports bar or something. I just don't see why I would order it even over a couple jr bacon cheeseburgers.

I was just arbitrarily assigning it a value based on how much i enjoyed it. It's hardly the best burger I've ever had, but I think it's really good. If that was your experience with it, then I very much think it depends on the location of the franchise. Both times I've had it, the ingredients were fresh and flavorful, the presentation was nice, and it was big enough to satiate me for the remainder of the day.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely going to try this soon.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The one I had a few days ago was no 5 stars, but it was a decent fast-food burger. I do like how Wendy's is experimenting with the bun in some of these limited creations. Also, I sorta miss @turboman's burger reviews... but just sorta.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Hm, I'm surprised. Generally don't like ciabatta for a fast food burger.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There's a Hamburger forum on Giant Bomb? This is truly the best website on the internet.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry, no Wendy's hamburger should get 5 stars. Maybe J.G. Melon in Manhattan, but Wendy's seems like bottom of the barrell ingredients. But it is your review.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By emprpngn

Actual burgers never look like they do in the commercials. It'd actually be interesting to know how they get burgers to look that way... you know, how it's really made.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tom_omb said:

There's a Hamburger forum on Giant Bomb? This is truly the best website on the internet.

It has a long and storied history.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

steeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalth marketing!!!!!!!!!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

steeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalth marketing!!!!!!!!!

I assure you that I do not work for Wendy's, am not affiliated with them in any way, nor am I Wendy herself. It's just a damn good burger that didn't give me a sloppy, runny shit after eating it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Sackmanjones

I'm about to leave class. It's almost 10 o'clock. I'm Hungry and I don't wanna cook. Think I'll be grabbing one

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.